Yi Jianlian to Nets for Richard Jefforson

BroadwayJ667

I think the Nets could of got more value for Jefferson, this Yi guy hasn't proved **** yet except he likes to shoot and is pretty much a softie.

Nets wanted to clear cap room for 2010 when they go after Lebron. This move gives them an additional $10 mil I believe.

I don't love Yi either but he has some potential. Nets are in full-blown rebuilding mode.

Nets wanted to clear cap room for 2010 when they go after Lebron. This move gives them an additional $10 mil I believe.

I don't love Yi either but he has some potential. Nets are in full-blown rebuilding mode.

Agreed, I think Yi can be pretty good, showed some flashes last year

At right now this trade looks terrible for the Nets- unproven foreign player for Jefferson. Big man with potential oftens leads to Weis of the Knicks fame.

Yeah but the goal is to rebuild and get under the cap for 2010 so Jay-Z can give his buddy Lebron James a max contract. This trade serves that purpose.

Obviously Yi for RJ straight up is rape but the Nets might as well win 15 games next season, get the first pick overall and have a ton of cap room the following season.

He has no potential, IMO I think he's terrible. He did nothing last year to show one-bit of potential.

If you're a Nets fan this deal sucks.

Yi is garbage, and soft too.

Harris

VC

Simmons or Snackbar?

Yi

Lopez

I mean, it's not terrible, but this lineup will depend on VC showing his age, Yi stepping up and a rookie to start.

Nets are going to be the worst team in the NBA next season but who cares - they weren't going to win anything anyway.

If they can get a top 3 pick and sign Lebron less than two years from now RJ will be a distant memory.

I don't care what kind of friendship LeBron James and Jay Z have, the stadium in Brooklyn is not built and if your LeBron James would you rather play in the Worlds Most Famous Arena or would you want to play for a second rate team in the Knicks market? I still think the Knicks would have a better chance at signing him if he doesn't resign with Cleveland.

I don't care what kind of friendship LeBron James and Jay Z have, the stadium in Brooklyn is not built and if your LeBron James would you rather play in the Worlds Most Famous Arena or would you want to play for a second rate team in the Knicks market? I still think the Knicks would have a better chance at signing him if he doesn't resign with Cleveland.

With the current employees the Knicks have running the show, it's hard to imagine anyone, let alone a superstar would want to come play for them.

Second rate? The Nets just missed the playoffs for the first time since 2000. When was the last time the Knicks were relevant?

At rigAt right now this trade looks terrible for the Nets- unproven foreign player for Jefferson. Big man with potential oftens leads to Weis of the Knicks fame.ht now this trade looks terrible for the Nets- unproven foreign player for Jefferson. Big man with potential oftens leads to Weis of the Knicks fame.

How can you compare him to Weiss? Yi started 49 games last year as a 19/20 year old. Did Weiss ever play a game for the Knicks? If these young guys the Nets have develop as expected we should be one of the better teams in 3 years even if we don't get Lebron.

If Lebron leaves the Cavs it will be to go to a big-market team like the Knicks, Nets or Lakers.

Nets just won their court-battle over the land the City of NY had to take by eminent domain in order to build the arena in Brooklyn. That was the main obstacle to the arena getting built. Even if the Booklyn arena doesn't get built they'll end up moving to that awesome new Devils arena in Newark which they should do anyway.

RJ move makes sense from a cap standpoint. Obviously he's a world better player than Yi Jianlan but if the Nets get Lebron or Bosh or Amare as a result of this it's worth it.

Archived