Keyshawn Johnson WR

JETSFAN5180

You don't care about resumes? Thank god you're not an NFL General Manager then because your team would be worse than the Arizona Cardinals. The Jets should've signed someone before just handing the job to Cotchery, but thankfully he turned out. Many times in other organizations and in this one, that is not the case. You should know this by now, I'm sure you've been watching the league more years than I have.

Since when did I say Jones had an amazing season? All I said was that he was the 10th leading rusher behind a horrible Offensive Line. The lineman we do have, aside from Mangold, are also pass blocking lineman. Now we have added two run blocking Lineman in Woody and Faneca to join him to strengthen the line. Jones will flourish in 2008 and you and your fellow Jones bashing friends mouths will be shut and threads like this will be bumped, you can count on that.

The facts are, Leon Washington can't handle the load and that is why Thomas Jones was brought in here. The facts are he only scored one more touchdown, offensively, than Jones did last season. The facts are that in what? 1/4th of the touches? He fumbled the ball four times. Four fumbles in 70 carries? Great statistic.

How much did the Offensive Line and the horrific Quarterback play help Jones? How much did it help Jones that he faced a lot of eight in the box a lot because of the young, inexperienced Clemens and the five yard out/curl throwing Chad Pennington? How much did it help that Brian Schottenheimer's play calling was absolute garbage as the defense knew that every single time it was 1st and 10, Thomas Jones was getting the ball. Did the Jets pass once on a 1st and 10 all season?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't care about resumes? Thank god you're not an NFL General Manager then because your team would be worse than the Arizona Cardinals. The Jets should've signed someone before just handing the job to Cotchery, but thankfully he turned out. Many times in other organizations and in this one, that is not the case. You should know this by now, I'm sure you've been watching the league more years than I have.

Since when did I say Jones had an amazing season? All I said was that he was the 10th leading rusher behind a horrible Offensive Line. The lineman we do have, aside from Mangold, are also pass blocking lineman. Now we have added two run blocking Lineman in Woody and Faneca to join him to strengthen the line. Jones will flourish in 2008 and you and your fellow Jones bashing friends mouths will be shut and threads like this will be bumped, you can count on that.

The facts are, Leon Washington can't handle the load and that is why Thomas Jones was brought in here. The facts are he only scored one more touchdown, offensively, than Jones did last season. The facts are that in what? 1/4th of the touches? He fumbled the ball four times. Four fumbles in 70 carries? Great statistic.

How much did the Offensive Line and the horrific Quarterback play help Jones? How much did it help Jones that he faced a lot of eight in the box a lot because of the young, inexperienced Clemens and the five yard out/curl throwing Chad Pennington? How much did it help that Brian Schottenheimer's play calling was absolute garbage as the defense knew that every single time it was 1st and 10, Thomas Jones was getting the ball. Did the Jets pass once on a 1st and 10 all season?

I pray you are right, but I doubt that Jones will get over 4 ypc. If he does I guess I'll be happy. I'm pretty sure that the team has given up on him scoring a TD because they have brought in everybody and their mother to give a shot at short yardage.

As for "resumes" and veteran presence, what the **** are Coles and Cotchery? You don't need to have veteran starters and veteran backups. You need talent. It's not like I'm claiming the team should go into the season with two rookies starting at WR and UDFA as backups. They have several guys that seem to be talented enough and you are already putting them all on the IR and replacing them with two guys that have not seen a field in over a year. Our biggest problem at WR is a veteran one. Coles is such a veteran we are worried he's close to done.

I'm not worried that Coles is close to being done because he's getting up there in NFL years. I'm worried that Coles is close to being done because he's had concussion problems over the past two seasons, even more significant in 2007, and has stated he will not change his game (going over the middle, where most of the bigger hits occur). The way he is going, one more hit could end his career much like we saw with Chrebet in 2005. Thats what I'm worried about. Him going down early in 2008 and having to be replaced by Brad Smith or Chansi Stuckey. I'd much rather have a veteran like Eric Parker, Keyshawn Johnson or whomever in house in case Stuckey is hurt AGAIN or doesn't pan out like we'd expect. We already know Brad Smith is useless as anything more than a fourth receiver.

Well he did manage to be the 10th leading rusher in the NFL behind Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement, two players who didn't even garner attention from any team and not because of injuries or age. He also carried, along with the teams defense, the Bears to the Super Bowl the year before on a team with a decent Offensive Line and Rex "**** It I'm Going Deep" Grossman. But hey, lets not blame the horrifc OLine for Jones' struggles, no, lets blame Jones. And then lets turn around and be hypocrites and blame the OLine for the QB play of Clemens. :rl:

Just sayin'.

:P

LOL, the Thomas Jones comment was a joke. Kinda.

I'm not worried that Coles is close to being done because he's getting up there in NFL years. I'm worried that Coles is close to being done because he's had concussion problems over the past two seasons, even more significant in 2007, and has stated he will not change his game (going over the middle, where most of the bigger hits occur). The way he is going, one more hit could end his career much like we saw with Chrebet in 2005. Thats what I'm worried about. Him going down early in 2008 and having to be replaced by Brad Smith or Chansi Stuckey. I'd much rather have a veteran like Eric Parker, Keyshawn Johnson or whomever in house in case Stuckey is hurt AGAIN or doesn't pan out like we'd expect. We already know Brad Smith is useless as anything more than a fourth receiver.

Keyshawn Johnson cannot be a starting WR anymore. He was too slow to start 2 or 3 years back so he's hardly any better now. Give that notion up.

I wouldn't be against us signing Parker, I just don't think we need it as much as you do. I wouldn't feel too much better about him being there than I would Stuckey, simply because I just don't rate him that highly.

I never said Johnson would come in here and start. He would be the third receiver and would only come in to start if Coles were to go down. I'd be much happier and would feel much better if and when Coles goes down with a veteran like Johnson as the #2 as opposed to Chansi Stuckey or Brad Smith. Thats the point I'm trying to make. Smith sucks and Stuckey has trouble staying on the field. Stuckey may be good, who knows, but until we do know we should have some veteran insurance.

I never said Johnson would come in here and start. He would be the third receiver and would only come in to start if Coles were to go down. I'd be much happier and would feel much better if and when Coles goes down with a veteran like Johnson as the #2 as opposed to Chansi Stuckey or Brad Smith. Thats the point I'm trying to make. Smith sucks and Stuckey has trouble staying on the field. Stuckey may be good, who knows, but until we do know we should have some veteran insurance.

Brad Smith and Stuckey would both be better options as #2 guys than Keyshawn at this point in his career, at least until we're in the red zone. The guy is quite simply done.

Brad Smith and Stuckey would both be better options as #2 guys than Keyshawn at this point in his career, at least until we're in the red zone. The guy is quite simply done.

The guy walked away on his own terms, teams were interested in him last year as #2/#3 guy. Keyshawn Johnson could easily walk out of Bristol and onto the field and be the Jets third receiver after only one year of being away from the game. Not much has changed. He's the tall target this offense needs. Some 6th round scrub from Kansas who had one good year and is 50/50 on making the team isn't the answer.

The guy walked away on his own terms, teams were interested in him last year as #2/#3 guy. Keyshawn Johnson could easily walk out of Bristol and onto the field and be the Jets third receiver after only one year of being away from the game. Not much has changed. He's the tall target this offense needs. Some 6th round scrub from Kansas who had one good year and is 50/50 on making the team isn't the answer.

He simply doesn't have the speed to be an outside WR. He's a tall target yes but he hasn't been able to get seperation for years, doubt that will have improved. A red zone target he would be, but you don't sign players simply for that alone. If the Jets want to sign Keyshawn for that one task, then they can go ahead.

Gotcha. You only draft players who have less than ideal size, aka, Marcus Henry. Glad we cleared that one up. :yawn:.

Keyshawn Johnson is better than anyone we have on the roster right now after Coles and Cotchery at the Wide Receiver position. Period. Hype and "what ifs" only goes so far.

Keyshawn was not a long ball threat he was more of a possesion WR.

The Jets need a Wesley Walker, type of receiver that can just blow by defenders. Maybe Stuckey is that guy. We just don't know.

Remember when the Jets made their run in 98 it wasn't KJ or Chrebet that were the long ball threats it was Dedric Ward.

Gotcha. You only draft players who have less than ideal size, aka, Marcus Henry. Glad we cleared that one up. :yawn:.

Keyshawn Johnson is better than anyone we have on the roster right now after Coles and Cotchery at the Wide Receiver position. Period. Hype and "what ifs" only goes so far.

If Stuckey or Brad Smith aren't better than a 35 year old washed up POS, I'm incredibly worried.

Keyshawn was not a long ball threat he was more of a possesion WR.

The Jets need a Wesley Walker, type of receiver that can just blow by defenders. Maybe Stuckey is that guy. We just don't know.

Remember when the Jets made their run in 98 it wasn't KJ or Chrebet that were the long ball threats it was Dedric Ward.

That is my point. We have enough possesion WR's on this team. If we're signing a WR then I want someone is a threat over the top. That is what we lack.

Id be 1/2 worried if I was you.Brad Smith FAILED in 2007.Stuckey to the rescue?

People need to cut Smith some slack. It was his 2nd season in the league and he was always going to be a project, not an 'immediate impact' type guy. I still think a few people underrate him a little. I'm not saying he will be 'great' WR just that he could yet be serviceable. I don't like people saying he sucks so early in his career.

Archived