Keyshawn Johnson WR

JETSFAN5180

It is clear Irish Jet is a "Mr. Potential" type of guy, rather than the proven veteran. He'd opt for the younger or just drafted players over the guys who have gotten done before. Yes, because we've seen so many teams follow that exact recipe to success in the past.

Screw the FACT that Laveranues Coles is probably one concussion away from retirement and the top reserve behind him is Brad Smith. Screw that. We should've signed DJ Hackett but since we did, do not worry, Dustin Keller and Chansi Stuckey have all the potential in the world. We're going to be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

You've got be f'ing joking yourself. You need veteran depth when one of your receivers is an injury waiting to happen and your top reserve dropped as many passes as he caught the year before.

Sure Eric Parker isn't that much better than DJ Hackett, but he's the one whose avaiable, and also comes on the cheap.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you remember correctly, the Jets were able to move the ball down the field fairly well in 2007 but stalled numerous times inside the 20 because they couldn't punch it in. Not having a tall receiver who can go up and get it was part of the problem. Not only does Johnson bring that but he can things to the younger receivers and is a veteran reserve other than relying on a no-name hype machine.

Key wouldn't play the slot either. He'd play on the outside and Cotchery would move into the slot if they were in a three receiver set, otherwise Key would be on the bench.

Key didn't miss '07 to injuries, Eric Parker did, you're right, but when backing up Chansi Stuckey its hard to ignore two straight years of barely any playing due to foot injuries. Two straight. Parker is proven and has missed one year. Stuckey is unproven and hasn't set on the field.

I don't understand what people are not understanding. :character42:

Parker is proven? Parker has proven jack all except that he's simply not a good WR. 0 TD's in one season as a starter?? That's pathetic.

Key does not have the speed to play as a full time WR, he's a slug on the field and has been for quite some time. I doubt the year out made him younger. You want to sign solely to be a goaline guy? Cause that is all he would offer at this point.

It is clear Irish Jet is a "Mr. Potential" type of guy, rather than the proven veteran. He'd opt for the younger or just drafted players over the guys who have gotten done before. Yes, because we've seen so many teams follow that exact recipe to success in the past.

Screw the FACT that Laveranues Coles is probably one concussion away from retirement and the top reserve behind him is Brad Smith. Screw that. We should've signed DJ Hackett but since we did, do not worry, Dustin Keller and Chansi Stuckey have all the potential in the world. We're going to be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

You've got be f'ing joking yourself. You need veteran depth when one of your receivers is an injury waiting to happen and your top reserve dropped as many passes as he caught the year before.

Sure Eric Parker isn't that much better than DJ Hackett, but he's the one whose avaiable, and also comes on the cheap.

I'd rather take a chance on a young talented player then go after someone who is proven to be below average.

Parker is proven? Parker has proven jack all except that he's simply not a good WR. 0 TD's in one season as a starter?? That's pathetic.

Key does not have the speed to play as a full time WR, he's a slug on the field and has been for quite some time. I doubt the year out made him younger. You want to sign solely to be a goaline guy? Cause that is all he would offer at this point.

Eric Parker was used as both the third receiver and the second receiver. In 2006, if you remember correctly, LaDainain Tomlinson set the NFL touchdown record. That would take away from the second / third receiver. Theres also people called the best Tight End in the NFL and the #1 receiver. Add in the fact that San Diego is a running team and also had Michael Turner and there you go.

Touchdowns scored at receiver mean nothing. If that were the case Jerricho Cotchery is a JAG. He had only two touchdowns as a two and a ONE in 2007. He sucks. Right IJ? Right?

DJ Hackett rules. :P

Nobody knows Keyshawn Johnson better than Bill Parcells. And two years ago, Bill Parcells cut Keyshawn Johnson.

If Keyshawn could still play, he'd be a Miami Dolphin. But he can't, so he's a talking head.

DJ Hackett has only been in the league for three years. In his first two seasons, he played in 13 and 14 games, respectively, before playing in only six last year. In his past ten games, he has had 100+ yards receiving three times. Keyshawn Johnson has three 100+ yard games in his last thirty seven games, going back to 2004. In fact, in his last season, he failed to top 70 yards in any single game after the calender turned to October.

Keyshawn Johnson is beyond done. If Hackett played 3/4ths of the season, it would be a load better than a full 16 of Keyshawn's washed up ass.

I'd rather take a chance on a young talented player then go after someone who is proven to be below average.

Below average? He was mainly the slot receiver in San Diego and averaged more than 50 receptions a season in his three years leading up to last season in which he missed with a foot injury. Check out DJ Hacketts numbers and get back to me about that below average bull****.

You're grasping at straws and failing to reach them.

I don't know about you, but DJ Hackett's potential has gotten him only one season past 400 yards.

Just sayin'.

He's had 4 years FFS and has improved with each season. He's have had a much better year last year had it not been for the injuries.

Nobody knows Keyshawn Johnson better than Bill Parcells. And two years ago, Bill Parcells cut Keyshawn Johnson.

If Keyshawn could still play, he'd be a Miami Dolphin. But he can't, so he's a talking head.

DJ Hackett has only been in the league for three years. In his first two seasons, he played in 13 and 14 games, respectively, before playing in only six last year. In his past ten games, he has had 100+ yards receiving three times. Keyshawn Johnson has three 100+ yard games in his last thirty seven games, going back to 2004. In fact, in his last season, he failed to top 70 yards in any single game after the calender turned to October.

Keyshawn Johnson is beyond done. If Hackett played 3/4ths of the season, it would be a load better than a full 16 of Keyshawn's washed up ass.

If NFL organizations thought DJ Hackett was worth anything he wouldn't have ended up signing in Carolina to be a slot receiver. Two years, $3.5 million.

Below average? He was mainly the slot receiver in San Diego and averaged more than 50 receptions a season in his three years leading up to last season in which he missed with a foot injury. Check out DJ Hacketts numbers and get back to me about that below average bull****.

You're grasping at straws and failing to reach them.

2 years ago he and Kennan Mccardell were the starting WR's. He was not the slot WR.

He's had 4 years FFS and has improved with each season. He's have had a much better year last year had it not been for the injuries.

Excuses excuses. Who knows what would've happened? Thats right, we don't. You never know what could've happened to poor ol' DJ.

As I said the post before, if NFL organizations though DJ Hackett was worth something he wouldn't have ended up in Carolina signing a two year, $3.5 million deal to be a slot man behind Smith and Muhammed and possibly Jarrett.

2 years ago he and Kennan Mccardell were the starting WR's. He was not the slot WR.

Read again. They switched him between the second receiver role and the slot. He did not start all of the games he played as the outside man, aka, the second receiver. Malcom Floyd and Vincent Jackson started games as well.

Eric Parker was used as both the third receiver and the second receiver. In 2006, if you remember correctly, LaDainain Tomlinson set the NFL touchdown record. That would take away from the second / third receiver. Theres also people called the best Tight End in the NFL and the #1 receiver. Add in the fact that San Diego is a running team and also had Michael Turner and there you go.

Touchdowns scored at receiver mean nothing. If that were the case Jerricho Cotchery is a JAG. He had only two touchdowns as a two and a ONE in 2007. He sucks. Right IJ? Right?

DJ Hackett rules. :P

Jericho Cotchery played in a much worse team and in a much worse situation, it's not even comparable.

Parker was playing alongside The best TE and best RB in the league and still couldn't exploit any matchups, which if he was so good, he would have been able to find.

Excuses excuses. Who knows what would've happened? Thats right, we don't. You never know what could've happened to poor ol' DJ.

As I said the post before, if NFL organizations though DJ Hackett was worth something he wouldn't have ended up in Carolina signing a two year, $3.5 million deal to be a slot man behind Smith and Muhammed and possibly Jarrett.

We'll see.

How much do you want to bet the DJ Hackett will post better stats in just about every recieving category than Eric Parker and Keyshawn Johnson (LOL, still can't beleive some would consider him) will combined?

Jericho Cotchery played in a much worse team and in a much worse situation, it's not even comparable.

Parker was playing alongside The best TE and best RB in the league and still couldn't exploit any matchups, which if he was so good, he would have been able to find.

Do you honestly believe some of the things you type out?

Jerricho Cotchery for a good part of the 2007 season played as the #1 receiver. By your amazing logic of touchdowns make the receiver, he should've had more than two freakin' touchdowns.

San Diego is a RUNNING TEAM. Do you understand that? Parker was also the 2nd / 3rd WR. The Chargers throw to Antoino Gates or Tomlinson first and foremost. Theres a reason Tomlinson beats teams through the air as well. When those two are covered, they go to their receivers.

Watch a Chargers game sometime.

We'll see.

How much do you want to bet the DJ Hackett will post better stats in just about every recieving category than Eric Parker and Keyshawn Johnson (LOL, still can't beleive some would consider him) will combined?

Can't use Keyshawn Johnson since he won't be playing (most likely) but if he does I'd bet any amount that you'd like that those two will out perform the third or fouth receiver in Carolina, another running organization.

In the end, does this really matter IJ? I mean, we're the New York Jets and we have Dustin Keller, Brad Smith and Chansi Stuckey. Lord knows we have a great history of drafting Tight Ends and Wide Receivers, especially of late. I mean, we still havn't found a number one receiver since Keyshawn left and we havn't found a Tight End worth a **** since lord knows when.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Do you honestly believe some of the things you type out?

Jerricho Cotchery for a good part of the 2007 season played as the #1 receiver. By your amazing logic of touchdowns make the receiver, he should've had more than two freakin' touchdowns.

San Diego is a RUNNING TEAM. Do you understand that? Parker was also the 2nd / 3rd WR. The Chargers throw to Antoino Gates or Tomlinson first and foremost. Theres a reason Tomlinson beats teams through the air as well. When those two are covered, they go to their receivers.

Watch a Chargers game sometime.

You're comparing the 4-12 NY Jets to the 14-2 San Diego Chargers. Cotchery would have damn sure scored a few more TD's playing for SD.

In the end, does this really matter IJ? I mean, we're the New York Jets and we have Dustin Keller, Brad Smith and Chansi Stuckey. Lord knows we have a great history of drafting Tight Ends and Wide Receivers, especially of late. I mean, we still havn't found a number one receiver since Keyshawn left and we havn't found a Tight End worth a **** since lord knows when.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

My point is Eric Parker sucks and so does Keyshawn, not that our situation is good.

If Chansi Stuckey couldn't beat out Eric ****ing Parker then I'd be pretty damn worried for him and the Jets.

You're comparing the 4-12 NY Jets to the 14-2 San Diego Chargers. Cotchery would have damn sure scored a few more TD's playing for SD.

Maybe one or two more, but thats about it. San Diego thrives on Tomlinson (in both the running and passing game), Gates and the mighty fade route to Jackson / Floyd.

My point is Eric Parker sucks and so does Keyshawn, not that our situation is good.

If Chansi Stuckey couldn't beat out Eric ****ing Parker then I'd be pretty damn worried for him and the Jets.

But Eric Parker doesn't suck. You don't need 70-100 grabs a season as a #2/#3 to not "suck". Not everybody is freakin' Wes Welker, okay? He's a slot receiver who was averaging over 50 receptions a season in San Diego before a toe injury sidelined him for the entire 2007 season.

Okay, yeah, he split time in the slot and as the number two receiver, but it just further proved that he is at his best in the slot. The Jets arn't asking him to be a starting receiver, just simply their slot receiver. He can do that and he can do it well.

And if and when Coles goes down, I'm more comfortable with Parker starting for a few games than I am Smith or Stuckey at this point.

Heading to bed. G'night.

But Eric Parker doesn't suck. You don't need 70-100 grabs a season as a #2/#3 to not "suck". Not everybody is freakin' Wes Welker, okay? He's a slot receiver who was averaging over 50 receptions a season in San Diego before a toe injury sidelined him for the entire 2007 season.

I know I misquoted his stats in the other thread, but Parker had over 50 receptions exactly once. His 3 good years almost exactly match JMac's. Now I ask you, does JMac suck?

124, dude, when did you turn bat**** crazy?

Let's get it all straight:

Eric Parker is better than DJ Hackett, and so is Keyshawn Johnson. And Dominic Rhodes and his 3.4 YPC in Indy is the definition of solid.

You mistake injury prone-ness for suckiness. I guess I should expect nothing less from the world's biggest fan of durable, mediocre Curtis Martin. Durability is great, yes, but I'd rather have a guy that's going to give me more production in less games than a ****tier player that is going to suit up for a full 16.

Hackett had plenty of suitors. I remember seeing that he was close to signing with Washington before Carolina swooped in and got him. Why is his contract so ****ty? I don't know. NFL GMs are idiots. They do stupid things all the time, like signing aging running backs to long-term, cap-murdering extensions and drafting place-kickers in the second round.

And before you try to argue with me that Hackett is so poorly thought of amongst NFL brass that he got a measly two-year deal, please consider that the player you are arguing for currently plays for ESPN because no NFL team wants him.

124, dude, when did you turn bat**** crazy?

Let's get it all straight:

Eric Parker is better than DJ Hackett, and so is Keyshawn Johnson. And Dominic Rhodes and his 3.4 YPC in Indy is the definition of solid.

You mistake injury prone-ness for suckiness. I guess I should expect nothing less from the world's biggest fan of durable, mediocre Curtis Martin. Durability is great, yes, but I'd rather have a guy that's going to give me more production in less games than a ****tier player that is going to suit up for a full 16.

Hackett had plenty of suitors. I remember seeing that he was close to signing with Washington before Carolina swooped in and got him. Why is his contract so ****ty? I don't know. NFL GMs are idiots. They do stupid things all the time, like signing aging running backs to long-term, cap-murdering extensions and drafting place-kickers in the second round.

And before you try to argue with me that Hackett is so poorly thought of amongst NFL brass that he got a measly two-year deal, please consider that the player you are arguing for currently plays for ESPN because no NFL team wants him.

Yep. Your argument looks really solid when you call the fourth all time leading rusher in NFL history "mediocre". No need to read further. :rl:

There is a reason DJ Hackett got 2 years, 3.5 million at 26 years old. Because he cannot stay on the damn field. Keyshawn Johnson is what? 35? 36? He could've signed with a team last year but CHOSE to go into the booth. God how quickly people forget.

Eric Parker: 11 TD receptions in 63 career games, 0 TDs in last 19 games

DJ Hackett: 9 TD receptions in 33 career games, 7 TDs in last 19 games

Parker is clearly better. What a fool I was.

Don't you know? TD's mean nothing.

Heck the great Thomas Jones only had 2 last season and he's amazing.

Don't you know? TD's mean nothing.

Heck the great Thomas Jones only had 2 last season and he's amazing.

Well he did manage to be the 10th leading rusher in the NFL behind Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement, two players who didn't even garner attention from any team and not because of injuries or age. He also carried, along with the teams defense, the Bears to the Super Bowl the year before on a team with a decent Offensive Line and Rex "**** It I'm Going Deep" Grossman. But hey, lets not blame the horrifc OLine for Jones' struggles, no, lets blame Jones. And then lets turn around and be hypocrites and blame the OLine for the QB play of Clemens. :rl:

Just sayin'.

:P

Well he did manage to be the 10th leading rusher in the NFL behind Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement, two players who didn't even garner attention from any team and not because of injuries or age. He also carried, along with the teams defense, the Bears to the Super Bowl the year before on a team with a decent Offensive Line and Rex "**** It I'm Going Deep" Grossman. But hey, lets not blame the horrifc OLine for Jones' struggles, no, lets blame Jones. And then lets turn around and be hypocrites and blame the OLine for the QB play of Clemens. :rl:

Just sayin'.

:P

310 ****ing carries that's how. Thomas Jones had a ****ty year last year. Lendale White had similar numbers. There's another player that's amazing! Oh, he carried the Bears! Did you notice the Bears had a good line? Benson had the same ypc and the same number of TDs despite having 150 fewer carries. Amazing! Leon Washington avergaged 1.5 more ypc and had three times the TDs in like one fifth the carries behind the same line. Amazing!

Not sure what you mean by "garner attention" but IIRC, Clement retired and Clarke was signed by the Ravens more than a month ago.

Not sure what you mean by "garner attention" but IIRC, Clement retired and Clarke was signed by the Ravens more than a month ago.

Did he now? Imagine that. He won't make the team. Clement retired because nobody wanted him, not because of age or injuries. Please. :rl:. I have no idea why Baltimore wasted their money.

Oh, and if you're going to blame Thomas Jones then you MUST also blame Kellen Clemens. You cannot have it both ways. It was either the Offensive Line or it was Jones and Clemens/Pennington. Your choice. So many posters like to pick the OLine for the QB yet bash Jones because he wasn't a 1,500 yard back (something he never was and never should've expected to be, especially on a 4-12 team with no run blockers on the Offensive Line).

Oh and boy do I love posters like you. "Cedric Benson had the same numbers with 150 fewer carries." Really? Awesome. Nobody cares. Until he produces the same amount of carries, you cannot compare. Thats like the morons who think Leon Washington would average 5+ ypc if he had 310 carries jut because on 70 attempts he had those numbers.

GIVE ME A BREAK PEOPLE.

Did he now? Imagine that. He won't make the team. Clement retired because nobody wanted him, not because of age or injuries. Please. :rl:. I have no idea why Baltimore wasted their money.

Oh and boy do I love posters like you. "Cedric Benson had the same numbers with 150 fewer carries." Really? Awesome. Nobody cares. Until he produces the same amount of carries, you cannot compare. Thats like the morons who think Leon Washington would average 5+ ypc if he had 310 carries jut because on 70 attempts he had those numbers.

GIVE ME A BREAK PEOPLE.

Yards per carry may be adversely affected by extra carries, but why did they have the same number of TDs? Why did Leon have more TDs last year? Was Jones "wearing down the D" like Curtis?

Yards per carry may be adversely affected by extra carries, but why did they have the same number of TDs? Why did Leon have more TDs last year? Was Jones "wearing down the D" like Curtis?

Leon Washington is more explosive. He was/is given the ball more in open space and can make more happen. Problem with Washington is that he cannot do that 20-30 times a game, therefore you have your workhorse running back in Jones. Not many running backs were going to be able to pound through that hideous OLine inside the five yard line last season. Washington scored his touchdowns on the outside. Big difference.

Knocking the fourth all time leading rusher? Nice. Well you know, he's certainly no LaMont Jordan, thats for sure. Nobody can run so effectively after sitting on the bench the entire game and entering for only the fourth quarter against a tired, worn down defense quite like good ol' LaMont. :rl:

Grasping at strawsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Leon Washington is more explosive. He was/is given the ball more in open space and can make more happen. Problem with Washington is that he cannot do that 20-30 times a game, therefore you have your workhorse running back in Jones. Not many running backs were going to be able to pound through that hideous OLine inside the five yard line last season. Washington scored his touchdowns on the outside. Big difference.

Knocking the fourth all time leading rusher? Nice. Well you know, he's certainly no LaMont Jordan, thats for sure. Nobody can run so effectively after sitting on the bench the entire game and entering for only the fourth quarter against a tired, worn down defense quite like good ol' LaMont. :rl:

Grasping at strawsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

You are calling Thomas Jones a "workhorse" and are defending his '07 and you say I'm grasping at straws? Stats don't even matter. I watched the games, he sucked ass last year. He's not horrible, but he's not good either. As in NOT good. Let alone amazing.

When he's playing behind a decent or better Offensive Line, I can't find 10 backs in the NFL that I'd rather have, that have proven resumes. He is a workhorse. People who can take the ball 25 times a game are workhorses who wear down defenses.

BTW, Leon Washington had three offensive touchdowns last year, only one more than Jones. He also had 2x the amount of fumbles in 1/5 or 1/4th of the touches. Nice. Just what I like from my running backs, f'ing fumbles.

Do not over-rate Washington. He is what he is. An excellent return man and a scatback who is good for around 10 carries a game (most of the time) and is a threat out of the backfield as a receiver more so than a running back.

When he's playing behind a decent or better Offensive Line, I can't find 10 backs in the NFL that I'd rather have, that have proven resumes. He is a workhorse. People who can take the ball 25 times a game are workhorses who wear down defenses.

BTW, Leon Washington had three offensive touchdowns last year, only one more than Jones. He also had 2x the amount of fumbles in 1/5 or 1/4th of the touches. Nice. Just what I like from my running backs, f'ing fumbles.

Do not over-rate Washington. He is what he is. An excellent return man and a scatback who is good for around 10 carries a game (most of the time) and is a threat out of the backfield as a receiver more so than a running back.

1. There you go with the "proven resumes" again. I don't give a flying **** about resumes. That's how you end up with a team full of fossils that don't produce. Keyshawn has a resume, Parker has a resume. A couple of years ago people were bitching that Cotchery never got a shot. If we brought in some jackass that hadn't seen the field in a year and paid him $2M Cotchery would probably still be sitting on the sidelines.

2. You somehow think you are helping your case by claiming that Leon Washington is overrated, but he produced more points in many less touches. Before you explain how may FGs Jones set up with his 3 yards and a cloud of dust I'd like you to consider the Chad Pennington fans using that same flawed argument. Remember this whole tangent (hijack) came from you espousing TJ's "amazing" production.

Archived