Keyshawn Johnson WR

JETSFAN5180

All this talk about filling a void in the WR dept and no mention is made of luring Keyshawn Johnson out of the booth.I remember hearing talk he was thinking about returning to the NFL. Hes injury free has fresh legs and can catch the ball.Is he worth a phone call.Id like to see #19 back on the field even if hes used as #3.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5180, stop making sense.

Don't you know we have Brad Smith? (Who sucks balls) And Chansi Stuckey (Who hasn't done **** since 2005 --- and that was in the NCAA)? And Dustin Keller!!!???? (Who was a reach at 30th overall)?

And yes all, I do like Stuckey and Keller, but relying on them is idiotic. A third veteran receiver is what this team needs when Laveranues Coles goes down to a career ending concussion injury in 2008.

I agree with 124 but I disagree with 5180.

This team does need a vet but not Johnson. I'd prefer Joe Horn to be honest.

I agree with 124 more than 5180( i wouldn't say disagree) and side with Ghost on Joe Horn. (uh, did I just say that?)

5180, stop making sense.

Don't you know we have Brad Smith? (Who sucks balls) And Chansi Stuckey (Who hasn't done **** since 2005 --- and that was in the NCAA)? And Dustin Keller!!!???? (Who was a reach at 30th overall)?

And yes all, I do like Stuckey and Keller, but relying on them is idiotic. A third veteran receiver is what this team needs when Laveranues Coles goes down to a career ending concussion injury in 2008.

Keyshawn Johnson = Sense?

WTF is wrong with you people?

5180, stop making sense.

Speaking of concussions, we gotta invent a helmet that renders concussions as obsolete. That way, we bring Wayne C. back. As for Key, my opinion is no way.

Can I just make something clear. I really wouldn't mind us looking to add some solid depth at WR. I just would be far from excited with Eric Parker, who I think is just a very bad Wide Reciever and well, Keyshawn is just a joke at this stage.

I really wanted us to make a push to sign DJ Hackett when he was available, although I didn't complain too much because of the other aqquisitions. What I really feel we need at WR is someone with speed who can stretch the field. Coles and Cotchery are both very, very good possesion WR's but neither will regularly burn defenses over the top. Neither Parker and especially not ****ing Keyshawn would provide that.

Can I just make something clear. I really wouldn't mind us looking to add some solid depth at WR. I just would be far from excited with Eric Parker, who I think is just a very bad Wide Reciever and well, Keyshawn is just a joke at this stage.

I really wanted us to make a push to sign DJ Hackett when he was available, although I didn't complain too much because of the other aqquisitions. What I really feel we need at WR is someone with speed who can stretch the field. Coles and Cotchery are both very, very good possesion WR's but neither will regularly burn defenses over the top. Neither Parker and especially not ****ing Keyshawn would provide that.

Actually Parker's forte is speed and is a very good deep threat. I just can't see how people can sit contently with Chansi Stuckey as our #3 option.

Agree with me or disagree with me.I dont give a DAM. I sugurcoat nothing.This team may have very well rebuilt the entire offensive line in the off season.We still lack a true #1 WR.

LC is 1 hit away from joining Al Toon and Wayne Chrebet.

The list of WRs on this team is a bunch of unproven rookies.Brad Smith has shown us nothing.

Criticize,ridicule say what you will this team lacks and needs a true #1 WR and DEPTH at WR in a proven player not an unproven rookie.

Agree with me or disagree with me.I dont give a DAM. I sugurcoat nothing.This team may have very well rebuilt the entire offensive line in the off season.We still lack a true #1 WR.

LC is 1 hit away from joining Al Toon and Wayne Chrebet.

The list of WRs on this team is a bunch of unproven rookies.Brad Smith has shown us nothing.

Criticize,ridicule say what you will this team lacks and needs a true #1 WR and DEPTH at WR in a proven player not an unproven rookie.

You think Keyshawn will be a #1?

I agree with your point that we do lack a true #1 but do honestly think Keyshawn would be that guy. If you do you're insane, he's done. We need depth, not a guy who can't run.

:rl:

Hold my beer for a second.

IrishJet, you wanted DJ Hackett? You knock Eric Parker and Keyshawn Johnson, but you want freakin' DJ Hackett? The same DJ Hackett whose always injuried and when he's on the field he's either invisible or he's having an eight catch performance which means he is unreliable and inconsisent. You want DJ Hackett over Keyshawn Johnson if given the chance for one season? Are you serious!?

All this talk about filling a void in the WR dept and no mention is made of luring Keyshawn Johnson out of the booth.I remember hearing talk he was thinking about returning to the NFL. Hes injury free has fresh legs and can catch the ball.Is he worth a phone call.Id like to see #19 back on the field even if hes used as #3.

Maybe Don Maynard is available, too.

Jesus H. Christ.

Actually Parker's forte is speed and is a very good deep threat. I just can't see how people can sit contently with Chansi Stuckey as our #3 option.

Because they love the hype. They don't give a damn that he hasn't stepped foot on an NFL field and played in a meaningful game. Screw that. He has hype and people believe in him and thats all they need. Throw out the part that he hasn't played since the beginning of the 2006 season at Clemson, who cares about that little known fact. He has talent and COULD be something special.

We don't need a veteran back-up Booz, thats just over-rated bro. (:rl:) Brad Smith or Chansi Stuckey will lead the way once Coles goes down once again to another concussion problem.

IrishJet, you wanted DJ Hackett? You knock Eric Parker and Keyshawn Johnson, but you want freakin' DJ Hackett? The same DJ Hackett whose always injuried and when he's on the field he's either invisible or he's having an eight catch performance which means he is unreliable and inconsisent. You want DJ Hackett over Keyshawn Johnson if given the chance for one season? Are you serious!?

The same DJ Hackett that is nine years younger than Keyshawn Johnson, and when healthy, has flashed a ton of potential in his brief career?

A healthy Hackett dwarfs a healthy Keyshawn at this point in their careers. And Hackett is MUCH better suited to the slot than Johnson is. He can stretch the field, which is exactly what this offense needs. What they don't need is an ancient possession reciever.

The same DJ Hackett that is nine years younger than Keyshawn Johnson, and when healthy, has flashed a ton of potential in his brief career?

A healthy Hackett dwarfs a healthy Keyshawn at this point in their careers. And Hackett is MUCH better suited to the slot than Johnson is. He can stretch the field, which is exactly what this offense needs. What they don't need is an ancient possession reciever.

DJ "cant" Hackett is always hurt and whats he accomplished in his NFL career that makes him better then Keyshawn Johnson.

Hackett cant stretch Keyshawns jockstrap.

DJ "cant" Hackett is always hurt and whats he accomplished in his NFL career that makes him better then Keyshawn Johnson.

I really don't give a **** how good Keyshawn used to be. It has absolutely no relevance to his current value. Fact is, he was never, ever as good as he was supposed to be, or thought he was, and he has been on a steady decline for half a ****ing decade. And he hasn't played football in a year.

Why don't we sign Jimmy Smith? Sure, he's been retired for about three years, but he was a hell of a lot ****ing better than Keyshawn.

I'd rather have an older, better receiver who can stay on the field than some never was he can't stay healthy and is built up with nothing to support him except a couple of stand out games and the rest of the time injuries and false hopes.

I'd rather have an older, better receiver who can stay on the field than some never was he can't stay healthy and is built up with nothing to support him except a couple of stand out games and the rest of the time injuries and false hopes.

Hackett is a much more explosive player than Keyshawn Johnson now is. He also wouldn't bring the baggage and primadonna attitude Keyshawn would bring.

You're right about Hackett getting injured all the time though I think he's over that high ankle sprain he had last year.

I'll take a talented, young guy who has had some injury problems over a loudmouthed, retired, washed up POS.

I really cannot believe you are even offering credibility to the Keyshawn suggestion. My God.

Hackett has a lot of potential, I think he'll breakout in a big way next year. he's only 26. Keyshawn is ****ing almost 10 years older than him.

Also, why do you keep bringing up injuries?

Neither of the guys you want even played a down last season FFS.

What exactly does Keyshawn even offer at this stage in his career? He gets no seperation whatsoever (He's hardly improved after a year out) and was never that great out of the slot.

Oh wait, but he can run a fade pattern in the end zone. Sign him up.:yawn:

He's ****ing 35 years old and is currently retired. Stop talking like this is 1998. WTF is wrong with some of you people?

What exactly does Keyshawn even offer at this stage in his career? He gets no seperation whatsoever (He's hardly improved after a year out) and was never that great out of the slot.

Oh wait, but he can run a fade pattern in the end zone. Sign him up.:yawn:

If you remember correctly, the Jets were able to move the ball down the field fairly well in 2007 but stalled numerous times inside the 20 because they couldn't punch it in. Not having a tall receiver who can go up and get it was part of the problem. Not only does Johnson bring that but he can things to the younger receivers and is a veteran reserve other than relying on a no-name hype machine.

Key wouldn't play the slot either. He'd play on the outside and Cotchery would move into the slot if they were in a three receiver set, otherwise Key would be on the bench.

Key didn't miss '07 to injuries, Eric Parker did, you're right, but when backing up Chansi Stuckey its hard to ignore two straight years of barely any playing due to foot injuries. Two straight. Parker is proven and has missed one year. Stuckey is unproven and hasn't set on the field.

I don't understand what people are not understanding. You cannot go into a season with just two veteran receivers, one of which having severe concussion problems, and not be worried. I'm sorry for wanting to see my team win and not believing that every receiver / tight end we draft is going to be the next Terrell Owens and Tony Gonzlaez. :character42:

BTW 124. In regards to Eric Parker who you love so much.

He was passed in the draft completely because of his injuries in college, he missed the entire of 2007 with injuries.

But sure, Lets pass on injury prone Hackett for Mr. Durable himself.

Archived