THE NEW COMBINED STADIUM: Enter the "Trojan Horse"

BaumerJet

Minority opinion?? What's your freaking opinion..that people shouldn't complain about getting screwed over?? That's the worst thing I've ever heard in my life.

Aec "Hey so what if the government wants to take 50% of our paycheck it's what they're going to do. Sorry if you can't afford to put food on the table for your kids. Stop being a little bitch and quit your whining."

Complaining about it is one thing (and something you guys can go ahead and do.. within your right) but whining about it like it is some new concept that wasn't inevitable is just ridiculous. That's all. You guys knew it was coming 24 months ago, whined then and continue to whine. Unfortunately, it's happening now.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Complaining about it is one thing (and something you guys can go ahead and do.. within your right) but whining about it like it is some new concept that wasn't inevitable is just ridiculous. That's all. You guys knew it was coming 24 months ago, whined then and continue to whine. Unfortunately, it's happening now.

OK, ache. We give up.

What are we allowed to talk about? Your 4 inch weiner?

and guess what? We will continue to whine for the next 2 years about this. And probably more than that.

Thats what people do on a message board. They complain about the things bothering them. Whether we knew it would happen or not, it still sucks. And since people in our everyday life doesnt care, its good to share our frustration with others who are feeling the same way and are in a similar situation.

The issue has been beaten to death. There has been a lot discussed and learned about PSL's and what's happening. It has been a good conversation, but it has run its course.

We dont force you to read every thread. Ignore the PSL threads. Thats what I do when I see a thread that annoys me or I dont find interesting. Nothing people hate more than the "get over it" guy. I actually like you as a poster, and I know you normally have a differing opinion, but you need to move on from this also.

That probably is reality.

Without PSL, the same seat could be 180-200.. I'm not saying PSLs are a good thing.. they aren't, but the fact is, the Jets (The Giants, and a lot of other teams) want to reclaim construction costs... so they're going to do it 1 way or another.

AEC4, You still do not get it - The JETS/GIANTS intend to raise prices along with the PSL - The PSL is to pay back the NFL loan & any Ancillary issues that they do not want to pay for upfront.

• We will be paying for any additional costs through new increases in:

• Game day Tickets
    • Parking
      • for Non-Tailgating Sections
      • for Tailgating Sections - It's coming next

What most here are griping is that they are about to turn every Low/Base/High Middle-Class Season ticket owner over & knock out any additional money they have JUST TO KEEP THEIR SEASON TICKETS!

Besides, Amendment I of the US Constitution allows all of us the right to freedom of speech - so we can listen to your views, as well as others - we just do not have to be disqualified based on the size of our members - It's immoral, It's Liable & I would have thought better of you...

...And the same goes for you Jets Moses as well!

AEC4, You still do not get it - The JETS/GIANTS intend to raise prices along with the PSL - The PSL is to pay back the NFL loan & any Ancillary issues that they do not want to pay for upfront.

I get it just fine.

Without PSLs, the other price raises would be higher.

Doesn't make PSLs right, it's just fact. They were going to recoup X amount of dollars regardless of the mechanism to do so.

when we talk about a "price raise" with PSL that's not entirely accurate. Some excellent seats will get a jack in price. But this should have happened a while ago. Free Market dictates the difference between a top 10% seat in the house and the worst seat in the house shouldn't be 30 bucks. The people with great seats have had a very good deal for a long time.

I just wanted to add that aec, A) does not have season tickets and B) calls anybody complaining about the price gouging a whiner.

But look at who's posted in this thread.

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 113

User Name Posts

aec4 23

Max 13

Gainzo 12

Green DNA 11

Lil Bit Special 9

Jetlag 5

Jet Moses 5

bitonti 5

BwanaZulia 4

BP 4

BaumerJet 3

jetbo 3

KSJets 2

faba 2

flgreen 2

OJDidIt 2

Garb 2

Iowa Jetfan 1

ecurb2369 1

Flashlite80 1

Thor99 1

InstantClassic 1

124 1

It's pretty clear who's doing the whining

I just wanted to add that aec, A) does not have season tickets and B) calls anybody complaining about the price gouging a whiner.

But look at who's posted in this thread.

It's pretty clear who's doing the whining

and how is this relevant.....

for the record, that's #24.

My argument is it's not price gouging. People are going to pay it, and it's not a life or death situation. It's simple supply/demand.

This PSL is a great opportunity. Any self made man and successful person cannot help but see the opportunities available here. Think bigger. Get yourselves out of the debt cycle. Join our side.

You will see the beauty of the free market and earning your living with capital gains rather than salaried labor.

I will proudly be writing a check for some psl's this season. Thanks woody!

Exactly. If you don't purchase season tickets you have to sell your PSL. What happens if your season tickets get revoked because you sold them to some idiot who gets himself ejected?

You lose them

But Gainzo, if you don't purchase season tickets - THEY DO NOT GIVE YOU TIME TO SELL THE PSL - You either put in each year or lose the PSL - You would have to have made the decision to sell the PSL prior to the tickets final selection date in order to keep the PSL in good standing & advised the JETS that a transfer was forthcoming...

And the RED TAPE keeps flowing!

This PSL is a great opportunity. Any self made man and successful person cannot help but see the opportunities available here. Think bigger. Get yourselves out of the debt cycle. Join our side.

You will see the beauty of the free market and earning your living with capital gains rather than salaried labor.

still dont know why you never answered me about purchasing the rights to my 50 yd line seats. Great investment...

Oh well, you're gone now. Anyone else interested?

when we talk about a "price raise" with PSL that's not entirely accurate. Some excellent seats will get a jack in price. But this should have happened a while ago. Free Market dictates the difference between a top 10% seat in the house and the worst seat in the house shouldn't be 30 bucks. The people with great seats have had a very good deal for a long time.

Do you know the front row club seats cost? Do you know that they basically charged a PSL when those seats went in?

I know you are talking about they guy on the 40 yard line row 12. But there were reasons they couldn't raise those (they messed up initially). They definitely got some back when they put in those 2 new front rows though.

That is pretty nice of you to pay for PSLs this season. You are a die hard fan no doubt. Maybe they will give you a discount next year when they actually implement the PSL fee.

But kudos for sending it in now. Maybe they can apply it against Pennington's cap number.

I get it just fine.

Without PSLs, the other price raises would be higher.

Doesn't make PSLs right, it's just fact. They were going to recoup X amount of dollars regardless of the mechanism to do so.

Yeah, however the true purpose of the PSL is so the teams themselves do not take a hit.

1. They pay NOTHING for the new stadium
  2. They make a bigger profit from the new facility
  3. They pay NOTHING for the new stadium!

It's a vicious cycle...

Yeah, however the true purpose of the PSL is so the teams themselves do not take a hit.

It's a vicious cycle...

Of course not the fans pay the bills since they're the ones who support the team by giving them money. They'd leave town if nobody paid them to play. No business ever really pays for anything since they get their money from the customers.

Of course not the fans pay the bills since they're the ones who support the team by giving them money. They'd leave town if nobody paid them to play. No business ever really pays for anything since they get their money from the customers.

LOL

Not in this mannor. Try and get your customers to pay a very large fee, just to do business with you.

You won't be in business long.

Well since they only need about 0.26% of the tri-state area to support it, they'll be fine.

You know how many fans watched opening day last year on tv- Jets/Pats? About 672,000

So approx 750,000 fans saw that game. They need to sell 80,000 seats with PSL's to 750,000 people who are fans....

Well since they only need about 0.26% of the tri-state area to support it, they'll be fine.

since the ny metro area is approx 22.7 million people, .26% would be 59,000. they would need more than that. and given that at least half the people are giants fans, that knocks the number down. and given the fact many people arent sports fans, the number keeps going down.

I dont doubt there are approx 750,000-1 mil jets fans in the ny metro area. the big question is how many are willing to fork over PSL money.

It's a vicious cycle...

If the stadium costs the Jets 900M, and they have 80,000 seats, they'd have to charge an average of $11,250 per PSL, and that's not happening.

PSLs are used to offset the costs. They'd prefer a little less money NOW than getting more over time. Economics tells you X now is worth more than X 5 yrs for now, which is the reasoning.

While no fan wants to pay for a PSL, and I can't blame them one bit, you have to see it from their perspective. They want to make money. It's supposed to be a profitable business. Gone are the days of the owner "doing it for the city." What does any owner owe the city?

I wish ticket prices could remain the same, and there be no PSLs. It's not going to happen in this day and age. Everyone wanted a new stadium. This is the price the fans pay. Unfortunate, but that's the reality of things and once you wrap your head around that you'll calm down.

LOL

Not in this mannor. Try and get your customers to pay a very large fee, just to do business with you.

You won't be in business long.

Country Clubs all around this nation do the exact thing.

I wish ticket prices could remain the same, and there be no PSLs. It's not going to happen in this day and age. Everyone wanted a new stadium. This is the price the fans pay. Unfortunate, but that's the reality of things and once you wrap your head around that you'll calm down.

I tell ya what irks me, this idea that going to Giants Stadium is so great, and the stadium as it is can be labelled "just fine." It isn't just fine. It stinks. Sightlines will only get you so far.

Have you guys been to other stadiums in other cities? Giants Stadium is far below average. Actually all of the NY buildings are well below average, which could be the problem. Yes compared to Nassau Coll or Shea Stadium, Giants Stadium is in fact fine. But those stadiums suck too. NYC is the center of the world but our sports stadiums are friggin terrible.

Everyone sees this as PSL for the same product - but it won't be the same product. a new building will do wonders for gameday experience. If your game day experience is great now, that's good for you. I go there multiple times a year and each time I go there it seems like the building is in worse shape, and it stinks.

Let me also say I don't care about tailgating one bit. Not at all. Grilling on concrete is not my idea of a good time. I think alot of current season ticket holders' priorities are what happens in the parking lot and yes for those people there's not a huge change in 'game day experience' when changing buildings. But I go to the games to watch football not grill and get drunk.

I tell ya what irks me, this idea that going to Giants Stadium is so great, and the stadium as it is can be labelled "just fine." It isn't just fine. It stinks. Sightlines will only get you so far.

Have you guys been to other stadiums in other cities? Giants Stadium is far below average. Actually all of the NY buildings are well below average, which could be the problem. Yes compared to Nassau Coll or Shea Stadium, Giants Stadium is in fact fine. But those stadiums suck too. NYC is the center of the world but our sports stadiums are friggin terrible.

Everyone sees this as PSL for the same product - but it won't be the same product. a new building will do wonders for gameday experience. If your game day experience is great now, that's good for you. I go there multiple times a year and each time I go there it seems like the building is in worse shape, and it stinks.

Let me also say I don't care about tailgating one bit. Not at all. Grilling on concrete is not my idea of a good time. I think alot of current season ticket holders' priorities are what happens in the parking lot and yes for those people there's not a huge change in 'game day experience' when changing buildings. But I go to the games to watch football not grill and get drunk.

so what is the gameday experience for you?

Archived