THE NEW COMBINED STADIUM: Enter the "Trojan Horse"

BaumerJet

No, I'm not dense. A waiting list = demand.. at least in their eyes.

For some reason, not agreeing with you = being dense. People are entitled to different opinions. I feel if he wants to charge PSLs, so be it. Now, it may bite him in the ass, and ruin his demand. I have no way of knowing that, nor do you.

No, you're dense. I just wanted to make that clear.

I highly doubt it.

You race into every one of these threads to make a comment about how everybody is whining, but you never can read or comprehend what is being written. and, you don't even have season tickets. so you really have no right to say boo.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very true... but with a 10,000 waiting list, they see demand as high. That can be wrong, but that's how it appears.

A 10,000 person waitling list? :rl:

Have you read the board lately? People who were 4,000 something back in just MARCH are / were being offered season tickets. The waitlist is now cut down to about 5,000 and once the team actually announces the official PSL costs I'll be surprised if there is a Waiting List.

The waiting list numbers for the Jets (compared to that of the Giants) are a bunch of crap, as the turnover is huge this year. And FACE VALUE 2008 Jets Season tickets are selling at a snail's pace (I have some FOR SALE if anyone is interested!!) PM me if you want them!!!

The truth is, the only PSL'S that would be considered a good Investment are the PRIME and CLUB Seats, which will be purchased by companies and people with deep pockets, and will stay in high demand. All the rest of the PSL ticketholders are just getting hosed by a bunch of greedy aristocrats.

Add the facts: 1.) That 2 sets of PSL holders are holding the bag financing ONE STADIUM; 2.) That we will probably NOT get the right of first refusal on OTHER stadium events as there are 2 PSL's for EACH SEAT; and 3.) That the BAS$%#D'S are NOT even putting a DOME on the new facility, all adds up to Jets fans getting the WOODY you know where!!!!!

I am a 30 year season ticketholder, and I currently plan to buy seats in the new stadium, but if I am priced out, I will just buy a 52 inch HDTV and watch GANG GRREN at home with the $$$$'s saved on the PSL.

Jetbo

A 10,000 person waitling list? :rl:

Have you read the board lately? People who were 4,000 something back in just MARCH are / were being offered season tickets. The waitlist is now cut down to about 5,000 and once the team actually announces the official PSL costs I'll be surprised if there is a Waiting List.

When the Jets, or some other 3rd party announce it I'll believe it. I've learned, 50% of what is said here is untrue.

No, you're dense. I just wanted to make that clear.

You race into every one of these threads to make a comment about how everybody is whining, but you never can read or comprehend what is being written. and, you don't even have season tickets. so you really have no right to say boo.

But yet, you have the right the say stuff about everything..

I'm dense.. ooooo.. don't insult me too badly now.

The waiting list numbers for the Jets (compared to that of the Giants) are a bunch of crap, as the turnover is huge this year. And FACE VALUE 2008 Jets Season tickets are selling at a snail's pace (I have some FOR SALE if anyone is interested!!) PM me if you want them!!!

The truth is, the only PSL'S that would be considered a good Investment are the PRIME and CLUB Seats, which will be purchased by companies and people with deep pockets, and will stay in high demand. All the rest of the PSL ticketholders are just getting hosed by a bunch of greedy aristocrats.

Add the facts: 1.) That 2 sets of PSL holders are holding the bag financing ONE STADIUM; 2.) That we will probably NOT get the right of first refusal on OTHER stadium events as there are 2 PSL's for EACH SEAT; and 3.) That the BAS$%#D'S are NOT even putting a DOME on the new facility, all adds up to Jets fans getting the WOODY you know where!!!!!

I am a 30 year season ticketholder, and I currently plan to buy seats in the new stadium, but if I am priced out, I will just buy a 52 inch HDTV and watch GANG GRREN at home with the $$$$'s saved on the PSL.

Jetbo

We will not have the right of first refusal to buy tickets to other events at the stadium. Most likely they will put a limited amount of tickets on sale to psl owners, first come, first serve.

There are no rules that the teams need to follow when it comes to psl's. They can give us nothing other than the right to buy season tickets... if they want to offer us more, great... but dont expect anything else.

But yet, you have the right the say stuff about everything..

I'm dense.. ooooo.. don't insult me too badly now.

Hey, you have finally agreed with me. thank you. now you have to work on step 2) getting over your obsession with season ticket threads and Bob the Jets Fan™.

Actually #2, is to stop listening to idiots like you.

No, you're the only idiot in this thread that will never get it. but that's all part of being dense. so we all understand your limitations now, aec.

When the Jets, or some other 3rd party announce it I'll believe it. I've learned, 50% of what is said here is untrue.

LOL! You just made up a number to validate what number of posts are not true. :)

We will not have the right of first refusal to buy tickets to other events at the stadium. Most likely they will put a limited amount of tickets on sale to psl owners, first come, first serve.

There are no rules that the teams need to follow when it comes to psl's. They can give us nothing other than the right to buy season tickets... if they want to offer us more, great... but dont expect anything else.

That is one of the issues here. When the idea of PSL's in general first came into creation, the hook was that you could get first crack at other events. Without that, the only benefit is......uhh, actually there is no other benefit because it is a money grab, pure and simple.

Too Bad WOODY J wasn't buddies with Leona Helmsley. Then maybe she could have left him $800,000,000 to build his portion of the new facility, instead of leaving it to the Dogs!!!!!

Too Bad WOODY J wasn't buddies with Leona Helmsley. Then maybe she could have left him $800,000,000 to build his portion of the new facility, instead of leaving it to the Dogs!!!!!

The Jets did play like dogs last year, but I'm not sure if that helps any.

That's true!!! I think Woody J needs to contest Leona H's will and have the J-E-T-S added (Dogs from Last Season) to the Beneficiary List!!!!!!!

Then maybe we won't have to Pay a PSL, but the SB winner Giants fans will!!! LOL!!! Jetbo

The Jets did play like dogs last year, but I'm not sure if that helps any.

No, you're the only idiot in this thread that will never get it. but that's all part of being dense. so we all understand your limitations now, aec.

yeah, and being as dumb as a stump is your limitation.

And 100% of what you say here is BS, and that is part of the 50% that IS true.

I doubt that.. I'm one of the more knowledgeable on here... and I think if you're honest with yourself you'll admit it.

Knowledgeable about what? Certainly not season tickets or PSL's.

I know perfectly well how psl's and season tickets work. It's simple economics. You're either going to pay a psl with slightly lower ticket prices, or you are going to pay higher ticket prices, and no psls... or some hybrid of the 2. That's just the way it's going to work. You put the cash up front now, or you put up MORE cash over time.

This is just a reality. The people whining about it now just make me laugh. We all knew it was happening. I don't need to be a season ticket holder to know that.

I know perfectly well how psl's and season tickets work. It's simple economics. You're either going to pay a psl with slightly lower ticket prices, or you are going to pay higher ticket prices, and no psls... or some hybrid of the 2. That's just the way it's going to work. You put the cash up front now, or you put up MORE cash over time.

This is just a reality. The people whining about it now just make me laugh. We all knew it was happening. I don't need to be a season ticket holder to know that.

You are wrong. What Woody would like to do is both. Charge the maximum amount possible for the PSL and charge as much as humanely possible for the tickets.

It isn't like the ticket prices won't be insanely expensive. They are looking to f us. And then f us again.

And this "whining" is good. Because it shows the Jets that people aren't going to take it!

You know what the reality will be when the new Meadowlands opens? A $5k PSL for lower sideline seats and a $150 ticket price.

You know what the reality will be when the new Meadowlands opens? A $5k PSL for lower sideline seats and a $150 ticket price.

That probably is reality.

Without PSL, the same seat couild be 180-200.. I'm not saying PSLs are a good thing.. they aren't, but the fact is, the Jets (The Giants, and a lot of other teams) want to reclaim construction costs... so they're going to do it 1 way or another.

Without PSL, the same seat couild be 180-200.. I'm not saying PSLs are a good thing.. they aren't, but the fact is, the Jets (The Giants, and a lot of other teams) want to reclaim construction costs... so they're going to do it 1 way or another.

Good point, but why are you defending PSL's?

Good point, but why are you defending PSL's?

Read my last statement... I'll quote it again for you...

Kind of makes your question moot, and kind of dumb, eh?

Wait. Didn't you claim to be one of the best posters here earlier? If you were one of the best posters would you really have to question if Ganizo's post was dumb? Some things go without saying.

Sorry Gainzo. The bus was coming and you were standing there. :P

Wait. Didn't you claim to be one of the best posters here earlier? If you were one of the best posters would you really have to question if Ganizo's post was dumb? Some things go without saying.

Sorry Gainzo. The bus was coming and you were standing there. :P

I like to clear things up for those (all of you) slower than me. :)

So here's what I've learned by skimming through all the posts:

PSL's are a good thing. It rids the stadium of poor people and gets people who have money into those seats... and those people dont tailgate because who is going to put a charcoal grill in the back of a bentley.. so they will buy lots of over priced concessions... and since they arent diehard fans they will visit the new and improved jets team shop and buy lots of goodies for their families and their mistresses families.

And we have no reason to bitch because it was inevitable and nobody owes us anything.

Minority opinion?? What's your freaking opinion..that people shouldn't complain about getting screwed over?? That's the worst thing I've ever heard in my life.

Aec "Hey so what if the government wants to take 50% of our paycheck it's what they're going to do. Sorry if you can't afford to put food on the table for your kids. Stop being a little bitch and quit your whining."

Archived