Favre's destination...

Blackout

I say he should go to Minnesota and lead them to the playoffs

GB doesn't want him, they've moved on from Brett like the ex girlfriend who wants to come back

Favre should stick it to them and go to their rival (**** Tavares Jackson)

and?

he wont be going to Minnesota. Packers own the rights to Favre. And if he comes back he will be a huge cap hit for them

I would say that if Brett Favre succumbs to hubris and comes back to play another day, then the GB Packers will keep him to preserve theirs and his reputations.

BF playing for somebody else in the NFL craps all over himself and all over Green Bay.

They are too much about the Good News of a "little engine that could" -- it's the whole narrative of the place: That team is a publicly held asset of the town for crying out loud.

Regardless of BF's ego, this team lives on good news from "nowhere", and one of their greatest "legends" coming back only to be cast out and picked up by a rival to come back and haunt them -- either twice a season or in the playoffs themselves -- it is public relations disaster for Green Bay that won't go away.

I just think he's being selfish. He's already won a Super Bowl. He is always well loved universally. He played better last year than he's played in the last five years. He played better last year than he will ever play again. BF's not doing anybody, including himself, any favors by this dithering with disaster.

Stay home, big guy.

Let the NFL figure out life without you...!

I see no good outcome in sight for the Packers. If he comes back and plays, the locker room could be divided and you further stunt the growth of Aaron Rodgers. At some point, he's going to be sick of being done this way and may walk out and then the Packers have neither guy in 2009.

If Favre comes back, stays in Green Bay and for some crazy reason they start Rodgers, he'll always be behind him and every throw Rodgers makes will be magnified and critiqued.

If Favre goes elsewhere and Rodgers struggles, everyone in GB will be griping about making the wrong decision.

If Favre stays retired and Rodgers struggles, everyone will say management forced Favre to stay retired and will gripe over that.

I suppose there is one good outcome and that's if Rodgers leads the Packers to the promise land.

Packers powers-that-be weigh in on Favre

By PFW staff

July 9, 2008

While the pro football world waits for actual substantial developments in the latest chapter of the Brett Favre saga, everybody has been left to form his or her own opinions on what they think the future first-ballot Hall of Famer might have in mind.

If you ask Packers front office heavyweights Mark Murphy, the team

Archived