Marbury days numbered in with the Knicks

faba

Knicks to sign Roberson, putting Marbury's Knicks future in doubt

By Andrew Marchand

Special to ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: July 16, 2008, 11:25 AM ET

The Knicks will sign guard Anthony Roberson later Wednesday, which further indicates that Stephon Marbury might be a goner with New York.

Roberson

Roberson's agent, Chris Grier Luchey, told 1050 ESPN that Roberson should sign a two-year deal for a little more than $1.6 million.

"I think they see Anthony as a guy who can come off the bench and score, providing a sparkplug," Grier Luchey said.

The Knicks will now have 16 players on their roster. They will only be allowed to have 15 players when the season begins. Along with Marbury, Jerome James is also a candidate to be released. Both are in the final years of their contracts.

Roberson has previously played with the Warriors and the Grizzlies. He has averaged 4.1 points in 36 career NBA games. He played his college ball at Florida.

The New York Post, citing unamed sources, first reported that the Knicks would sign Roberson.

Andrew Marchand is the managing editor of

The Celtics. And you can't call me a bandwagoner considering I was born and raised in Worcestor, MA the first 11 years of my life.

Nice for you to be talking crap when your team has one good year after being a joke for more than a decade. Good show. it's not like the knicks are an easy target or anything....

See, why you gotta talk about the past. The years before this don't matter, we won this year, and you guys were the joke of the NBA this year. You got nothing on the Celtics.

Yeah because I was actually saying that the knicks were a great team...

I'm not a bandwagoner. I would think that I'd root for my home team. If rooting for your home team classifies you as a bandwagoner, then I guess I am one.

Let me guess, you ditched the Pats to support the Jets because of your sexual feelings toward one Curtis Martin. Yup - Bandwagoner.

Real fans don't ever ditch their teams regardless of what players come and go.

No, I'm not gay like you. I don't have sexual feeling toward men. And who cares if I follow Curtis Martin, that's not bandwagoning. You can only bandwagon to good teams, and, well........we're talking about the Jets here.

I'll say it again.

True fans (that s what you claim to be) don't ditch their teams because a player has left.

I wouldn't ditch the Celtics. I'd like the Celtics and Pierce's new team. But, I don't have to worry about that, because he's a true Celtic, he'd never leave.

LMAO. If another team offered him 1/1000 of a penny more he'd leave in 3 seconds.

Archived