Has Moose earned himself another Yankee deal?

JonEJet

A year and a club option make sense. Figure that he's still based in Central Pa., the Ynaks and Phils are the only teams he would probably even consider. Angelos is still running the Os, the Nats are a disaster and the Mess are the Mess.

Wow, Moose has really had a great year so far! It seems like nowadays as players get older, they get better.

Yup. Just like Barry Bonds.

I would just like to say that Moose has been a pleasant surprise for Yankee fans. There were many who were ready to write him, and I'll admit that I thought he was done as well. Props to JonE for sticking with Moose.

I cannot believe I am saying this but Moose has been a savior this season.

Who knows where they would be if he was not having the year he is having.

If Moose is willing to take a deal of one year with an option then by all means.

If he wants a three for four year deal he can take a hike.

I like the one year plus an option idea. Why would you let the guy get away after the season he's having? Of course, age is not in his favor.

Al Leiter interviewed him before the game yesterday. He pushed Moose on the 300 games thing and Moose said, realistically, he would need three full seasons, healthy, to have a shot. You've got to think he's hoping to play three years.

I cannot believe I am saying this but Moose has been a savior this season.

Who knows where they would be if he was not having the year he is having.

If Moose is willing to take a deal of one year with an option then by all means.

If he wants a three for four year deal he can take a hike.

Agree on all counts.

One year, with a Yankee protected option (buyout) included. Money at what he is making now, or a bit less.

I like the one year plus an option idea. Why would you let the guy get away after the season he's having? Of course, age is not in his favor.

Al Leiter interviewed him before the game yesterday. He pushed Moose on the 300 games thing and Moose said, realistically, he would need three full seasons, healthy, to have a shot. You've got to think he's hoping to play three years.

Well, he has 263 right now. If he continues to have success this season, he should end up with some 268-270. So that means 2 more full seasons.

A 1 year contract with an option is the way to go. If he stinks it up in 2009, and ends up with 8 wins, and a 4.8 ERA, then pay off the option, and see 'ya Moose. If he gets to 284-286 wins, then exercise the option and bring him back in 2010, attempting for 300.

Archived