Highest Paid LB Unit in the NFL?

4HCrew

I dunno if it's ever worth paying LBs a lot. I don't think NE pays their LBs much at all. It's much harder and worth a lot more to pay your DL and make sure they're beasts.

That's more true for the 4-3 then it is for the 3-4, in this scheme the LBs are supposed to be the studs making all the tackles and sacks, while for the most part the DL should be tying up blockers.

For those interested in checking it out, here is a site that lists all major league sports players and their salaries. It's a database-very convenient to look up. For football, you can get a list of salaries by position, such as LB, from highest to lowest.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/default.aspx?Loc=Vanity

For those interested in checking it out, here is a site that lists all major league sports players and their salaries. It's a database-very convenient to look up. For football, you can get a list of salaries by position, such as LB, from highest to lowest.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/default.aspx?Loc=Vanity

Problem with that site is there are a lot of misprints. For example, there is no way the Bears gave Brian Urlacher a $13M signing bonus in 2007 only to have him threaten to hold out for 2008. They listed his $13M signing bonus twice, in both 2003 and 2007.

The site that really has a lot of stuff down pat is rotoworld. I don't recall finding any errors with any of their player contract info. They even get pretty detailed in many cases.

Problem with that site is there are a lot of misprints. For example, there is no way the Bears gave Brian Urlacher a $13M signing bonus in 2007 only to have him threaten to hold out for 2008. They listed his $13M signing bonus twice, in both 2003 and 2007.

The site that really has a lot of stuff down pat is rotoworld. I don't recall finding any errors with any of their player contract info. They even get pretty detailed in many cases.

Rotoworld is moneyyy!

That's more true for the 4-3 then it is for the 3-4, in this scheme the LBs are supposed to be the studs making all the tackles and sacks, while for the most part the DL should be tying up blockers.

NE runs the 3-4. So do the Chargers. I'm not sure what the salaries are, but if we are paying our guys more than they are, doesn't that worry you?

NE runs the 3-4. So do the Chargers. I'm not sure what the salaries are, but if we are paying our guys more than they are, doesn't that worry you?

Not if our LBs are better. I'm not saying they are, I can't be sure until the season starts, but if they are better then I don't mind paying them more.

Archived