This board is much less exciting....

gangreenman

Well, when I joined over a year ago, this board was filled with new discussion and action every day since the beginning of TC. Today, some threads on the 1st page have been on the 1st page for over a week. What has happened? JC, EC, DWC and Barton aren't that important, are they?

Lets go people, the preseason is just over a week away...Time to start getting excited about our team!! After all, it wouldn't be very good for business in Feb. after we win the Superbowl if the board was completely dead before the season.

We're going to kick some arse this season, regardless if our QB is Clemens, Pennington, Ratliff, or Favre.

I personally cannot WAIT to see Brady and the cheats get completely shat on in the trenches by our new look squad.

Well, when I joined over a year ago, this board was filled with new discussion and action every day since the beginning of TC. Today, some threads on the 1st page have been on the 1st page for over a week. What has happened? JC, EC, DWC and Barton aren't that important, are they?

Lets go people, the preseason is just over a week away...Time to start getting excited about our team!! After all, it wouldn't be very good for business in Feb. after we win the Superbowl if the board was completely dead before the season.

We're going to kick some arse this season, regardless if our QB is Clemens, Pennington, Ratliff, or Favre.

I personally cannot WAIT to see Brady and the cheats get completely shat on in the trenches by our new look squad.

This thread should be locked. It's too relevant to football.

Seriously enough though I am incredibly pumped for this season. I genuinely think we can be competitive regardless of who is at QB. I'm so hopeful that we will finally get to see a team that will dominate in the trenches, something I have yet to witness as a Jet fan. The signings of Faneca and especially Jenkins will be huge going forward, I cannot wait to see these two established NFL stars on our team, and see what kind of impact they can make.

Another thing I can't wait to see, is the upgrades in our pass rush. It was painful to watch QB's playing against our D last season, and the year before, having all day to throw on every passing play. Having Gholston and Harris coming after QB's should make our D a force to be reckoned with.

I'm starting to think Pennington is going to be at QB, TBH, I had that feeling all along. I'll support whoever, even Favre if the case may be. I think whoever it is, will be in a great situation to succeed, hopefully he will capitalise on the good scenario.

Can't wait for the season, screw the summer, bring on September!

Seriously enough though I am incredibly pumped for this season. I genuinely think we can be competitive regardless of who is at QB. I'm so hopeful that we will finally get to see a team that will dominate in the trenches, something I have yet to witness as a Jet fan. The signings of Faneca and especially Jenkins will be huge going forward, I cannot wait to see these two established NFL stars on our team, and see what kind of impact they can make.

Another thing I can't wait to see, is the upgrades in our pass rush. It was painful to watch QB's playing against our D last season, and the year before, having all day to throw on every passing play. Having Gholston and Harris coming after QB's should make our D a force to be reckoned with.

I'm starting to think Pennington is going to be at QB, TBH, I had that feeling all along. I'll support whoever, even Favre if the case may be. I think whoever it is, will be in a great situation to succeed, hopefully he will capitalise on the good scenario.

Pennington never has had so many doubters before. One thing that he has made very clear about himself throughout his career is that he is motivated by doubt. When people doubt him, he wants to succeed even more. Add that to the fact that he is already supposedly one of the hardest working players in the league, and I am not surprised at all by the strong start of TC he is apparently having.

Remember, if all of the pieces pan out (I know, its a BIG if), our QB doesn't need to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning for us to go far, he just has to be able to get the job done.

I fully expect that we will have a top notch defense this year, and the additions on the OL and at the TE position will force opposing LB's to stay off the line. This will help both the runnning game and passing game, regardless of QB.

I trust Tangini will make the decision that they think will put us in the best position to win.

Pennington never has had so many doubters before. One thing that he has made very clear about himself throughout his career is that he is motivated by doubt. When people doubt him, he wants to succeed even more. Add that to the fact that he is already supposedly one of the hardest working players in the league, and I am not surprised at all by the strong start of TC he is apparently having.

Remember, if all of the pieces pan out (I know, its a BIG if), our QB doesn't need to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning for us to go far, he just has to be able to get the job done.

I fully expect that we will have a top notch defense this year, and the additions on the OL and at the TE position will force opposing LB's to stay off the line. This will help both the runnning game and passing game, regardless of QB.

I trust Tangini will make the decision that they think will put us in the best position to win.

I couldn't agree more, except with the 'trust Mangini' thing. I'm taking a 'wait and see' stance on that.

You know what this thread reminds me of? The guy who stands in front of me at the game and turns around telling the 20 rows in back of him to make more noise. Meanwhile he isn't watching the play and he isn't actually making any noise, lol.

You know what this thread reminds me of? The guy who stands in front of me at the game and turns around telling the 20 rows in back of him to make more noise. Meanwhile he isn't watching the play and he isn't actually making any noise, lol.

Exactly. Gangreenman isn't even in the top posters and yet he calls us out? For not being active enough?

I say you ban him Max, we don't need that kind of spam here.;-)

Exactly. Gangreenman isn't even in the top posters and yet he calls us out? For not being active enough?

I can't talk right now. I am trying to see the play and this guy is waving, it is hard to see. But I don't wan't to miss anything.

:love0030:

Im calling you out for being overly reasonable and not entirely insane in your blind optimism or hatred. Seriously, how long do we all really need to talk about Brett Favre for? If it happens, it happens, if it doesnt, it doesn't. We can all voice our opinions, but over 300 posts? is that REALLY necessary when there's so much more to talk about, you know, like the people that will actually be on our team this coming season?

i think its a rough part in the offseason...everything has been said...we got faneca, we may hav eover spent on woody and pace, gholston could be a bust, people are split on their love of the QB's and thomas jones, we have no starting depth at WR, baker is a whiner, keller has soft hands, brick is stronger, rhodes is more focused, there is a battle for the FS spot, second CB is up in the air, woodhead is a feel good story but is now hurt...

the hell more is there to discuss?

I can't talk right now. I am trying to see the play and this guy is waving, it is hard to see. But I don't wan't to miss anything.

:love0030:

There's no play going on here... Its like a timeout and everybody is focused on what could have happened last play or what might happen two plays from now. Sometimes people need to know that its okay to be involved in what's happening now.

You want activity? Create it.

I'll give you a project. We are just over 40 days from the start of the season. We have 80 players currently on the roster. I want 2 player profiles every day from you, starting with the most likely guys to get cut. I want facts about them, I want opinion about them, I want to know everything.

Deal?

I'll give you a project. We are just over 40 days from the start of the season. We have 80 players currently on the roster. I want 2 player profiles every day from you, starting with the most likely guys to get cut. I want facts about them, I want opinion about them, I want to know everything.

Deal?

No.

Im still getting prepared to do the gamethreads, and Im most likely going to TC sometime next week as well. What are you doing in the next few months to help out?

Seriously dude, you're whole attempt at being a sarcastic dick is getting old and stupid, you have repeatedly failed to chase Kobe24Jets away for cryin' out loud.

Just sayin'.

Im calling you out for being overly reasonable and not entirely insane in your blind optimism or hatred. Seriously, how long do we all really need to talk about Brett Favre for? If it happens, it happens, if it doesnt, it doesn't. We can all voice our opinions, but over 300 posts? is that REALLY necessary when there's so much more to talk about, you know, like the people that will actually be on our team this coming season?

How do you know that Brett Favre won't be on the team? BTW, if you havn't noticed already, Message Boards like this one are to talk about our favorite team. The players that are currently on it and the players we'd like to see the organization go after (also the players the organization is rumored to be looking at / going after). So its wrong to talk about the possibility of a player?

Okay, so I guess during the draft you just sit back and "wait and see". Whats the fun in that?

BTW, anyone can start the Gamethreads and yeah you might be attending Training Camp one day, but Lil Bit Special drives almost 5 hours each way for every single Home game, Preseason and Regular Season. Thats what he does to "help out". He "helps out" the stadium by being a true fan, traveling to games and making noise and loving his team. That is until the PSL's kick in and most of us are bumped out.

Oh yeah, Welcome Back. ;)

How do you know that Brett Favre won't be on the team? BTW, if you havn't noticed already, Message Boards like this one are to talk about our favorite team. The players that are currently on it and the players we'd like to see the organization go after (also the players the organization is rumored to be looking at / going after). So its wrong to talk about the possibility of a player?

Okay, so I guess during the draft you just sit back and "wait and see". Whats the fun in that?

I have no problem with you typing your opinion on the rumors. In fact, I encourage it. My problem is that there are about 10 other threads that have been on pg 1 for about a week and one Brett Favre thread that has over 340 posts now in less than a week.

Last offseason, between Ecurb, Barton, Jetcane, each started about 2-3 new threads a day that all attracted a lot of discussion. It was fun being on here then, really fun. As I said, I understand that we all have an opinion on the matter and want to discuss it, but why should that be the ONLY thing we discuss? Training Camp started, the 1st preseason game is a week and a half away, and he's not even on the team yet and may never be, and

Its not like its the middle of the offseason and there's nothing else to talk about.

I dont know about you guys, but I am getting really pumped for the season. Cant wait to see how this new look defense gels out there...

No.

Im still getting prepared to do the gamethreads, and Im most likely going to TC sometime next week as well. What are you doing in the next few months to help out?

Seriously dude, you're whole attempt at being a sarcastic dick is getting old and stupid, you have repeatedly failed to chase Kobe24Jets away for cryin' out loud.

Just sayin'.

I drive 3-4 hours each way to attend every game including preseason. I am going to at least 1 road game this year. I'd say thats plenty for my Jets-fandom.

I dont bitch and moan the board isnt more active. I offered you a suggestion on how you can make the board more fun. You dont want to do it, fine. Stop bitching.

And for once I wasnt being a sarcastic d!ck. I was trying to help you enjoy the board more.

And Im sorry if its getting old and stupid, I'm just not as good as I used to be.

And I've never made it my goal to get kobe to leave.

People have been discussing Training Camp, in fact almost every day we've gotten a Training Camp report from posters who have attended. It just so happens that you're coming back in the time frame in which Favre will be traded anyday now, according to the agreement that he and Ted Thompson made. For the next few days its going to be all Favre, all the time, especially with no Practice today.

BTW, ecurb doesn't post here as much as he has a new job, Jetcane no longer posts here and DWC is banned (thankfully).

BTW, anyone can start the Gamethreads and yeah you might be attending Training Camp one day, but Lil Bit Special drives almost 5 hours each way for every single Home game, Preseason and Regular Season. Thats what he does to "help out". He "helps out" the stadium by being a true fan, traveling to games and making noise and loving his team. That is until the PSL's kick in and most of us are bumped out.

Oh yeah, Welcome Back. ;)

Alright dude, thats not fair. I just type out a whole paragraph response, and you add in another paragraph to you original post while Im doing that. Now you're making me respond twice... That just isnt right,lol.

As for LBS, let him talk for himself, he's a big boy. Oh, and just because you can afford to drive 5 hrs back and forth to go to every home game, doesn't make him any more of a 'true fan' then someone who doesn't have that kind of time and/or money.

Thanks, good to be back. :penguin:

People have been discussing Training Camp, in fact almost every day we've gotten a Training Camp report from posters who have attended. It just so happens that you're coming back in the time frame in which Favre will be traded anyday now, according to the agreement that he and Ted Thompson made. For the next few days its going to be all Favre, all the time, especially with no Practice today.

BTW, ecurb doesn't post here as much as he has a new job, Jetcane no longer posts here and DWC is banned (thankfully).

I know, I was gone for a month, not a year.

This is really a stupid argument to be having...Honestly, who gives a crap? Sorry if I offended any of you with my post, that wasnt my intention. I just think its time we should start focusing more on the upcoming season, and the players that we pretty much know are going to be here. Again, I know Brett Favre is going to be discussed, and Im not saying he shouldn't. But preseason is a week and a half away, there is more to talk about you know.

This is really a stupid argument to be having...Honestly, who gives a crap? Sorry if I offended any of you with my post, that wasnt my intention. I just think its time we should start focusing more on the upcoming season, and the players that we pretty much know are going to be here. Again, I know Brett Favre is going to be discussed, and Im not saying he shouldn't. But preseason is a week and a half away, there is more to talk about you know.

if we're not hitting on the topics you want to talk about, start threads about them.

Obviously the people here are discussing what they want. You have a different angle, have at it. I dont get the whining and bitching that takes place. You dont like it, do something about it, or check out JI or TGG.

if we're not hitting on the topics you want to talk about, start threads about them.

Obviously the people here are discussing what they want. You have a different angle, have at it. I dont get the whining and bitching that takes place. You dont like it, do something about it, or check out JI or TGG.

Fair enough.

Deal?

CHeck the front page -- PDM did that all offseason. :)

Dude some of your posts in this thread are really going to rub people the wrong way. There were 2,400 posts here two days ago. Certainly one or two of them had to be to your liking.

Really though I stick by my first analogy. Instead of standing up and telling us all to cheer how about cheering yourself. In this case just be positive and talk about (start threads) on the topics you want. Instead of giving people a hard time for talking about Favre which could happen.

Internet message boards are for speculating and that is what is happening here.

Now by this do you mean you agree and you're going to do something about it. Or does it mean you're going to check out JI and TGG?

I had already checked them out.. The reason I signed up here in the 1st place is because this place was by far the best.

There's not much I can do, as LBS pointed out, people are going to discuss what they want to discuss.

I had already checked them out.. The reason I signed up here in the 1st place is because this place was by far the best.

There's not much I can do, as LBS pointed out, people are going to discuss what they want to discuss.

I thought your post was over the line before. But now I have to call you out. By claiming this site was at some point in time the best, you have crossed the line.

:-P

Dude some of your posts in this thread are really going to rub people the wrong way. There were 2,400 posts here two days ago. Certainly one or two of them had to be to your liking.

Really though I stick by my first analogy. Instead of standing up and telling us all to cheer how about cheering yourself. In this case just be positive and talk about (start threads) on the topics you want. Instead of giving people a hard time for talking about Favre which could happen.

Internet message boards are for speculating and that is what is happening here.

Yeah, well I honestly didn't think people would take this thread so seriously. Sorry to anyone I 'rubbed the wrong way'. If you are one of these people, feel free to tell Max BTW, he'll be sure to show you the right way. :Nuts:

I thought your post was over the line before. But now I have to call you out. By claiming this site was at some point in time the best, you have crossed the line.

This site is the best Max. Heck those fags at TGG wont let me sign up because I have a 'free email address'. I mean WTF?!?

So lets see here, I was over the line before, but you have to call me out now because I have crossed back?

I hope your right but our D is not good as the Bears' D when they went to the SB.

Archived