Jets Announce Date They are moving To Florham Park

jetsrule128

I think they are rushing it to fast. Being in the construcion business and just knowing that sometimes it could take up to a month to get things working right, kinks out and learn new systems in technology. Why add the distraction?

it is risky moving them so close to the season

It is much better than changing the player's routine mid-season.

If things aren't working there will still be footballs, football equipment and football fields. Mangini will be fine, that is all he needs.

If things aren't working there will still be footballs, football equipment and football fields. Mangini will be fine, that is all he needs.

If they were excited about moving just to be in a new house then yes, there's footballs, football equipment and fields. but they are speeding up construction (overtime galore!) for the new technology! could cost us a game ot 2 until they get situated.

and as for better then mid season, it might as well be! 4 days before?

Don't teams practice on the road during some road trips? Like if you have 3 games on the road in a row during the season, you don't fly home after every game, do you?
I think they do, unless you are playing on a Monday night and then a Thursday game, and I'm not sure that ever happens.

Only reason I brought it up was to say that at worst the new practice facility would be like practicing on the road for a game, before everyone settles in and gets used to it. I would think by the second week it would be pretty routine.

Only reason I brought it up was to say that at worst the new practice facility would be like practicing on the road for a game, before everyone settles in and gets used to it. I would think by the second week it would be pretty routine.

that goes back to the footbals and fields thing. but wih new toys, everyone wants to use them!

Of course it is.

It is still very stupid. They are going to be throwing the team off their routine, big time, 5 days before a very critical season opener. The next two games are very tough games. The Dolphins game is a MUST win, on the road, after being shifted to a new home. They will have very little practice against what is going to be a much weaker team, but a team that will be well disciplined. Very hungry to turn their recent destiny around.

Why not make this move next off season? The Rent?

Don't like this move, at that time.

If they were excited about moving just to be in a new house then yes, there's footballs, football equipment and fields. but they are speeding up construction (overtime galore!) for the new technology! could cost us a game ot 2 until they get situated.

and as for better then mid season, it might as well be! 4 days before?

There won't be any issues that impact the Jets on the field or on the field preparations. The glitches? All the other employees that have to move. The month end accounting move may not go as smoothly as normal. But rest assured Mangini and Co won't have much to worry about.

Of course it is.

It is still very stupid. They are going to be throwing the team off their routine, big time, 5 days before a very critical season opener. The next two games are very tough games. The Dolphins game is a MUST win, on the road, after being shifted to a new home. They will have very little practice against what is going to be a much weaker team, but a team that will be well disciplined. Very hungry to turn their recent destiny around.

Guys, if it's a move 3 days prior to the Miami game, that means the team will be there a week prior - the organization has a tentative 'EVICTION" date of September 3, 2008. That's when the rest of the materials at Weeb Eubanks hall must be out of the building & in the new facility.

It's all just math...

Guys, if it's a move 3 days prior to the Miami game, that means the team will be there a week prior - the organization has a tentative 'EVICTION" date of September 3, 2008. That's when the rest of the materials at Weeb Eubanks hall must be out of the building & in the new facility.

It's all just math...

how do you know the eviction date?

Of course it is.

The Giants practice in Albany right? They break camp from Albany and then practice in NJ the week before the season starts. They go to the normal facility after camp is over and start the normal season routine.

The Jets are doing the exact same thing here. The only thing that is different is that in previous years the Jets players had to practice all year in a different state. Now they have camp in Hofstra and will practice in NJ.

No more commuting on game days. That is why all the players are moving to NJ. At worst this has no impact. At best they gain an advantage. IMO of course.

What I don't understand is why the move can't happen before a Preseason Game or why it can't happen on Friday through Monday while the players are in and getting back from Miami. People hired by the organization can move everything that needs to be moved.

Needless to say, I'm sure if we lose to Miami there will be people here blaming the loss on a freakin' moving day where all the players have to do is put on pads on a different field and put things in their new lockers. Such hard work.

Archived