Why is everyone saying we got him for a 4th rounder

lawngnome o-line

......when really got him for a conditional 1st round pick.

Brett Farve will take 80% of the snaps and lead this team to the Super Bowl. I'd gladly give up out 1st round pick...and my left nut at this point for a Lombardi trophy.

I too would trade my left testicle.....

I don't care so much about the Super Bowl, but I have three testicles.

At very best you guys lose your 2nd round pick and further delay the development of a young quarterback on your roster. I also want to see Brett pick up a playbook, system, new teamates, staff and city in 1 month.

and by further delay... you mean have our QB-of-the-future learn from a HOF'er, right?

Similar to what you guys are doing with McCown... and Beck and/or Henne. :confused:

What better QB to learn from than McCown, huh?

i actually hope we don't make the playoffs. it isn't just so we can keep our 1st and 2nd, but it's unrealistic to think favre's going to master the playbook and establish a solid chemistry with the entire team before the start of the season. he might even be hard pressed to do either, by game 6. i'm trying to envision him taking us to the SB, but i don't see it this season. i'm hoping he can learn the O this season enough to show sufficient promise to him and the team for an encouraging '09 season. that way it's not a one year fling, which is very possible. with the defense potentially primed to be something special by then, brett favre having a full year, MC, OTAs, and TC under the system and with the team, they could make a real run at a championship.

i actually hope we don't make the playoffs. it isn't just so we can keep our 1st and 2nd, but it's unrealistic to think favre's going to master the playbook and establish a solid chemistry with the entire team before the start of the season. he might even be hard pressed to do either, by game 6. i'm trying to envision him taking us to the SB, but i don't see it this season. i'm hoping he can learn the O this season enough to show sufficient promise to him and the team for an encouraging '09 season. that way it's not a one year fling, which is very possible. with the defense potentially primed to be something special by then, brett favre having a full year, MC, OTAs, and TC under the system and with the team, they could make a real run at a championship.

We just need to make the playoffs, and we can do that. From there it's a crap shoot. Before the Steelers of '06, no wild-card team had ever advanced and won the SB. That trend was repeated last year. It's a new game now. Just getting into the sweepstakes gets you a legit chance, and now with the wild-card playoff rule change, anything is possible... we just need to win games.

last year seven games lost by 7-pts or less. We are a much improved team with a much "easier" schedule.

I am very optimistic.

and by further delay... you mean have our QB-of-the-future learn from a HOF'er, right?

Similar to what you guys are doing with McCown... and Beck and/or Henne. :confused:

What better QB to learn from than McCown, huh?

Yes, yes, because sitting on the bench watching Favre do everything coaches tell young quarterbacks not to do will help Clemens IMMENSELY!

When was the last time sitting behind a great QB did anything? Steve Young? And again, Favre does everything opposite from the text book style.

And what do the Miami quarterbacks have to do with this? We're talking about Favre, not the Dolphins. Stay on topic.

Yes, yes, because sitting on the bench watching Favre do everything coaches tell young quarterbacks not to do will help Clemens IMMENSELY!

When was the last time sitting behind a great QB did anything? Steve Young? And again, Favre does everything opposite from the text book style.

And what do the Miami quarterbacks have to do with this? We're talking about Favre, not the Dolphins. Stay on topic.

Results... Positive results aid a learning curve. If Brett can provide a budding QB with postitve results, he will assist KC's learning curve. If not, his 16 years of strong-armed wisdom can still aid his learning. The fact that the two are gun-slingers means KC can finally learn under someone similar to himself.

Chad was never a strong armed QB. The fact that they are two different types of mentor means KC will get the best of both worlds.

Perhaps you should stray from this topic and follow your QB race a bit more closely ;) as it will need far more attention than our own.... Aqua, your posting here is appreciated, but lets not kid ourselves... Jets just upgraded their QB position. That is the topic at hand.

Results... Positive results aid a learning curve. If Brett can provide a budding QB with postitve results, he will assist KC's learning curve. If not, his 16 years of strong-armed wisdom can still aid his learning. The fact that the two are gun-slingers means KC can finally learn under someone similar to himself.

Chad was never a strong armed QB. The fact that they are two different types of mentor means KC will get the best of both worlds.

Perhaps you should stray from this topic and follow your QB race a bit more closely ;) as it will need far more attention than our own.... Aqua, your posting here is appreciated, but lets not kid ourselves... Jets just upgraded their QB position. That is the topic at hand.

I don't buy into that whole thing. Matt Roth was supposed to learn big time from Jason Taylor and that didn't happen. Those things are overblown.

My attention has noting to do with the productivity of the Dolphins.

Yeah, you have more talent, but you're kidding yoursef if you think he's going to be 2007 Brett Favre right away for the Jets.

I don't buy into that whole thing. Matt Roth was supposed to learn big time from Jason Taylor and that didn't happen. Those things are overblown.

My attention has noting to do with the productivity of the Dolphins.

Yeah, you have more talent, but you're kidding yoursef if you think he's going to be 2007 Brett Favre right away for the Jets.

Talk about staying on topic....

Favre is going to enable our power-running game first (and foremost). His arm will keep the 8th man out of the box. That's all I care about. Personally I see a lot more int's than I care too, coming our way... but the fact that 6-days out of 7, our young gun-slinger can pick the brain of a proven commodity (that has one of those ring-thingies) is a plus.

As a rival how do you defend us? eight men in the box? or let TJ and Richardson blow you a new one?

At very best you guys lose your 2nd round pick and further delay the development of a young quarterback on your roster. I also want to see Brett pick up a playbook, system, new teamates, staff and city in 1 month.

Say what you want. but honestly you've seen enough of the jets to know. did chad or kellen scare you? NO, Favre whether you love him or hate him or think he won't gel here is still better then what we had. at the very least he will open up our offense at the most we will be giving up a first rounder.

What it adds, that we would never have with Pennington, is unpredictability. Greenseed's got it right. Keeping that 8th man (sometimes 9th man) out of the box helps this as much as on-paper gaudy passing-yards numbers. Wasn't that much of a factor last year (or even the last 3 years really) because our OL was so sucky there was no need to stack the box. But with a solid OL (and FB), if I was an opposing DC, I'd stack that box & dare Pennington to beat me. He may do it once, but he wouldn't do it twice in the same game.

With Favre, a DC can't do that. For all of my (and everyone's) criticism about Favre, if you stack the box & he ends up dropping back to pass, he will - or at least can- pick a defense apart time after time. A QB who could throw 4, 5, or 6 TD's in a game if the opportunity is there.

To be sure, he will lose some games with his chuck-it-into-triple-coverage style, but at least there will be touchdown passes that come along with them.

That, to me, was what was so intolerable with Pennington (or Clemens). We'd still see the picks, but without 20-30 touchdowns to offset them.

If nothing else, it will be exciting to watch the Jets when the offense is on the field. And we haven't seen that for a long time.

What it adds, that we would never have with Pennington, is unpredictability. Greenseed's got it right. Keeping that 8th man (sometimes 9th man) out of the box helps this as much as on-paper gaudy passing-yards numbers. Wasn't that much of a factor last year (or even the last 3 years really) because our OL was so sucky there was no need to stack the box. But with a solid OL (and FB), if I was an opposing DC, I'd stack that box & dare Pennington to beat me. He may do it once, but he wouldn't do it twice in the same game.

With Favre, a DC can't do that. For all of my (and everyone's) criticism about Favre, if you stack the box & he ends up dropping back to pass, he will - or at least can- pick a defense apart time after time. A QB who could throw 4, 5, or 6 TD's in a game if the opportunity is there.

To be sure, he will lose some games with his chuck-it-into-triple-coverage style, but at least there will be touchdown passes that come along with them.

That, to me, was what was so intolerable with Pennington (or Clemens). We'd still see the picks, but without 20-30 touchdowns to offset them.

If nothing else, it will be exciting to watch the Jets when the offense is on the field. And we haven't seen that for a long time.

Yeah, I agree with everything here. We should be a fun team to watch next season. I don't think we'll win the SB but I'm still excited to see how he'll do.

......when really got him for a conditional 1st round pick.

Brett Farve will take 80% of the snaps and lead this team to the Super Bowl. I'd gladly give up out 1st round pick...and my left nut at this point for a Lombardi trophy.

Yeah, first the Celtics did it, now the Jets will do it! Jets: '09 Champs!

Archived