How about Ratliff!!!

villain_the_foe

Depends on what your definition of "extended," is. Also depends on what they plan to do with Ainge in the preseason. I'd expect to see a lot Ratliff next week. Maybe the entire second half. Mop-up duty against the jints, then the majority of the Philly game.

He performed so well, that'll it's important to see more of him.

I was very disappointed in Clemens. I was hoping that with the Favre deal done, the pressure would be off of him, and he'd finally come out and play loose - and better.

Now, it's Ratliff who's putting pressure on Clemens. Had the trade for Favre not gone down, you'd have to think that that performance would've promoted Ratliff into the starting QB lottery. If Clemens continues to play poorly, it's not out of the realm of possibity that he becomes the next QB to get cut.

also too though slats Ratliff was given some deep routes TO throw-Clemens was playing Chad-ball...I put that on Schotty

If Clemens continues to play poorly, it's not out of the realm of possibity that he becomes the next QB to get cut.

I was thinking the same thing. Clemens could be on the chopping block if he doesn't get it together quickly.

I was thinking the same thing. Clemens could be on the chopping block if he doesn't get it together quickly.

yea I think the days of "well we'll hang onto him because we wasted a high pick on him" are over in Jetsland...New England dropped every kid they drafted in '07 EXCEPT Merriweather, their 1st rounder-of course we promptly picked up a few of those guys

Depends on what your definition of "extended," is. Also depends on what they plan to do with Ainge in the preseason. I'd expect to see a lot Ratliff next week. Maybe the entire second half. Mop-up duty against the jints, then the majority of the Philly game.

He performed so well, that'll it's important to see more of him.

I was very disappointed in Clemens. I was hoping that with the Favre deal done, the pressure would be off of him, and he'd finally come out and play loose - and better.

Now, it's Ratliff who's putting pressure on Clemens. Had the trade for Favre not gone down, you'd have to think that that performance would've promoted Ratliff into the starting QB lottery. If Clemens continues to play poorly, it's not out of the realm of possibity that he becomes the next QB to get cut.

I didn't have the nuts to come right out and say that, because I know it will kick off a firestorm with the Clemens people, who I consider myself one of, but Clemens better start playing MUCH better. If Ratliff continues to out play him by this kind of margin. Not going to go well for Clemens

also too though slats Ratliff was given some deep routes TO throw-Clemens was playing Chad-ball...I put that on Schotty

Clemens tried to get the ball downfield to Keller on one play I recall. Don't know where that one rollout play was really designed to go - where Kellen ultimately held onto the ball too long before throwing the inc. Could be the coach or the player. Really, they both should've opened up a little bit.

I'm afraid that Clemens' confidence is shot. If that's the case, he's toast as an NFL QB.

Thanks for providing some great discussion. :rolleyes:

That's great if you knew about him last year. Just don't get all up on his dick after the only good thing he's done in his professional career is do well against 4th stringers in a preseason game.

He came in on the third possesion. The Browns 1st and better 2nd teams were still in. He scored 10 points in his first 2 drives against good players, not 4th stringers

The TC reports have been full of how well he is playing.

Mangini gave him the whole game. He didn't do that because he likes his smile. He likes what he is seeing from Ratliff in TC, and was rewarded.

Judging by how the CS used him last night it seems apparent they are giving him a chance to challenge for the # 2 spot.

After last night I really don't know what Mangini's depth chart would look like, but Clemens was hesitant, and overly tentative. Ratliff looked like an NFL QB.. It's certainly not over yet, but right now Ratliff is pressuring Clemens big time

Judging by how the CS used him last night it seems apparent they are giving him a chance to challenge for the # 2 spot.

Or maybe they know they have to choose between Ratliff and Ainge. It's not uncommon for a guy who's spot on the team is unsure to get a lot of reps so that he can be fully evaluated.

Archived