How about Ratliff!!!

villain_the_foe

250Yds 2TD's 0INTs

Honorable Mentions: Clowny 163 YDS 2 Tds, Stuckey showed great hands.

And of course...my adopted rookie this year Dwight Lowery

1INT, 63YD Punt return , 1 TD, 1 Pass Deflect, 1 Penalty.

Better change your Sig. :biggrin:

He was tonite. Wish I could have seen the game. Damn !

I think that Ratliff could be our Tony Romo. He has pocket awareness and a great arm. I really like him a lot. I think NFL Network is re airing the game saturday at 10 AM.

I think that Ratliff could be our Tony Romo. He has pocket awareness and a great arm. I really like him a lot. I think NFL Network is re airing the game saturday at 10 AM.

He didn't look scared, I'll grant him that... I can't say the same for Clemens. Clemens also looks LATE on throws.

No Ainge? I was excited when we took him in the draft. But, really excited about Ratliff. I hope he's our Tony Romo. I'm jacked that Favre is here, but we all know it's only going to be for a few years. So, eventually we need a new QB and now that Favre is here, I'm tired of not having a QB that scares other teams.

This Ratliff development is very interesting. I really anticipated seeing Clemens for over a half tonight. So the Jets CS could see what he looked like under fire. His routine will change starting Saturday, and Favre will be getting all the snaps with the #1's and some of the # 2's.

Somebody on the Jets CS wanted to see more what Ratliff could do under fire. Kid has had an excellent camp. He got his chance and took full advantage of it. In what probably will be his last extended live game audition for a full year, It couldn't have gone any better if his Mom had scripted it,

Nothing wrong with what Clemens had done, but Ratliff looked like he knew how to play the game. Both of those long passes hit Clowney right in the hands in full stride, The second one was 40+ yards.

Favre had to love what he saw in Clowney.

Agreed. In a game that after the Favre deal, I thought would be completely irrelevant, the Jets showed a lot of depth. With Clemens looking so bad, nice to see a bright light -- namely Ratliff -- on the roster. Favre can only help us at best for the next 2-3 years, so great to see some future potential. And yes, Clowney looked awesome, as did Lowery. Would love to see what Lowery does to Campbell next week ...

This Ratliff development is very interesting. I really anticipated seeing Clemens for over a half tonight. So the Jets CS could see what he looked like under fire. His routine will change starting Saturday, and Favre will be getting all the snaps with the #1's and some of the # 2's.

Somebody on the Jets CS wanted to see more what Ratliff could do under fire. Kid has had an excellent camp. He got his chance and took full advantage of it. In what probably will be his last extended live game audition for a full year, It couldn't have gone any better if his Mom had scripted it,

Nothing wrong with what Clemens had done, but Ratliff looked like he knew how to play the game. Both of those long passes hit Clowney right in the hands in full stride, The second one was 40+ yards.

Favre had to love what he saw in Clowney.

250Yds 2TD's 0INTs

Honorable Mentions: Clowny 163 YDS 2 Tds, Stuckey showed great hands.

And of course...my adopted rookie this year Dwight Lowery

1INT, 63YD Punt return , 1 TD, 1 Pass Deflect, 1 Penalty.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa VTF...now wait one dern minute thar...here at JetNation we do NOT do that queer "Adopt a Jet" crap-you like a player you start a fan club, have meetings, swear allegiance and serve refreshments and Entemann's Crumb Cake but under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you allowed to adopt a player and put his name and picture in your sig as an adoptee-we draw the line there

No Ainge? I was excited when we took him in the draft. But, really excited about Ratliff. I hope he's our Tony Romo. I'm jacked that Favre is here, but we all know it's only going to be for a few years. So, eventually we need a new QB and now that Favre is here, I'm tired of not having a QB that scares other teams.

Deach Coach,

Please fix your avatar.

Signed,

SoFla's Chiropractor

Before watching last nights highlights all I knew about Ratliff was that we signed him back in January

Needless to say I was impressed (granted it was only a 1:30 clip)

What’s more impressive are his numbers at Utah

His career rating is 137.8!

Some of you guys are unbelievable. "The next Brett" will come out of this training camp no more than a 3rd string quarterback. "Our Tony Romo" has had one game like this in his professional career, not to mention it was the preseason and against 3rd and 4th stringers while Clemens played against the 1st team. I know many of your Kool-Aids are very strong right now, but think a little bit before you call him Brett Favre or Tony Romo.

Should have been more detailed

To a reserves/futures contract

He spend 2007 on the practice squad right?

Yes, which was kind of odd.

Jetcane mentioned him in a TC report last year, that he looked pretty good, with a strong arm in practice. I watched for him in games last year, and he never got a touch.

I figured he was just TC fodder and would be cut. Then he made the PS. That is a strong sign the CS liked him, and wanted to hide him so he would not get claimed.

Several scribes have mentioned in their TC reports this year "and the winner of the QB competition today is.....Bret Ratliff"

Then last night

Don't really know much about the kid, but he looks like an NFL QB so far.

Some of you guys are unbelievable. "The next Brett" will come out of this training camp no more than a 3rd string quarterback. "Our Tony Romo" has had one game like this in his professional career, not to mention it was the preseason and against 3rd and 4th stringers while Clemens played against the 1st team. I know many of your Kool-Aids are very strong right now, but think a little bit before you call him Brett Favre or Tony Romo.

I don't recall anyone calling him the next Brett Favre and I think by comparing him to Tony Romo all we are saying is that he will be a udfa type that can be a good starter in the league. No one claims he will be dating Jessica Simpson.

I don't recall anyone calling him the next Brett Favre and I think by comparing him to Tony Romo all we are saying is that he will be a udfa type that can be a good starter in the league. No one claims he will be dating Jessica Simpson.

"The next Brett." It might just be playing with his name but still. You all act like he is the second coming of Favre for sure.

hater....and FlGreen is right-a lot of us HAVE been interested in him ever since Jetcane's reports from last year

"The next Brett." It might just be playing with his name but still. You all act like he is the second coming of Favre for sure.

If anyone said that it would be rediculous. I didn't personally take what anyone as him being the next Brett. All I'm saying is that he is better than Clemens right now and that I do believe. Clemens is absolute garbage.

In what probably will be his last extended live game audition for a full year, It couldn't have gone any better if his Mom had scripted it

Depends on what your definition of "extended," is. Also depends on what they plan to do with Ainge in the preseason. I'd expect to see a lot Ratliff next week. Maybe the entire second half. Mop-up duty against the jints, then the majority of the Philly game.

He performed so well, that'll it's important to see more of him.

In a game that after the Favre deal, I thought would be completely irrelevant, the Jets showed a lot of depth. With Clemens looking so bad, nice to see a bright light -- namely Ratliff -- on the roster.

I was very disappointed in Clemens. I was hoping that with the Favre deal done, the pressure would be off of him, and he'd finally come out and play loose - and better.

Now, it's Ratliff who's putting pressure on Clemens. Had the trade for Favre not gone down, you'd have to think that that performance would've promoted Ratliff into the starting QB lottery. If Clemens continues to play poorly, it's not out of the realm of possibity that he becomes the next QB to get cut.

Archived