Packer fans

DMaynard

Here is a prediction:

If the Jets start out well this year, and the Packers are playing mediocre (around .500 or worse), many Packer fans will become Jet fans. I am not talking casual "hope Brett is doing well because he is in the other conference fans", but actual "I gotta sign up for something to get Jet games on TV and let's take a vacation to New Jersey" hard core fans. I know it sounds strange, Lombardi would roll over in his grave, but hey, ever hear of Jews for Jesus? ;) Explain that one to me.

Mark my words.

Here is a prediction:

If the Jets start out well this year, and the Packers are playing mediocre (around .500 or worse), many Packer fans will become Jet fans. I am not talking casual "hope Brett is doing well because he is in the other conference fans", but actual "I gotta sign up for something to get Jet games on TV and let's take a vacation to New Jersey" hard core fans. I know it sounds strange, Lombardi would roll over in his grave, but hey, ever hear of Jews for Jesus? ;) Explain that one to me.

Mark my words.

Why would Lombardi roll over in his grave? He's from Jersey!:thumbup:

Why would Lombardi roll over in his grave? He's from Jersey!:thumbup:

I think it was all part of Lombardi's master plan. He is mad at the Giants for not making him head coach, so he put this plan in motion 40 years ago to make the Jets the one true super power.

Look for a lot of "sweep right" action this year.

Guess again, we've been at this too long. Come to Lambeau some fall Sunday.

Maybe the are just targeting the Brett Favre fan. They live everywhere. Hell if the Jets just reclaim the Packers fans that live in NY\NJ they will be pretty happy.

Any Packers fan that wants to read up on the Jets should check out the Wiki.

the first NFL game I ever saw was a cold New Years Eve day in Jersey with my dad-it was in 1967 and the NFL Championship game Green Bay vs Dallas AKA The Ice Bowl. What a game to sell an 12 year old kid on the game of football with...I'll never forget that game, it made me a Packers fan right off...Two years later I became a Jets fan during the 68 season-because of Joe Namath and Maynard and Sauer, Boozer and Snell

I think it was all part of Lombardi's master plan. He is mad at the Giants for not making him head coach, so he put this plan in motion 40 years ago to make the Jets the one true super power.

Look for a lot of "sweep right" action this year.

Makes sense to me. :cheers:

the first NFL game I ever saw was a cold New Years Eve day in Jersey with my dad-it was in 1967 and the NFL Championship game Green Bay vs Dallas AKA The Ice Bowl. What a game to sell an 12 year old kid on the game of football with...I'll never forget that game, it made me a Packers fan right off...Two years later I became a Jets fan during the 68 season-because of Joe Namath and Maynard and Sauer, Boozer and Snell

so why did you stop being a bandwagoner and settle down with us.... should have jumped right off the jets bandwagon.

so why did you stop being a bandwagoner and settle down with us.... should have jumped right off the jets bandwago.

I started out as a football fan-the Jets weren't even on TV back then in the mid 60's LBS-oh yea and forgive me-I was in the 6th grade....12 yrs old dude

I started out as a football fan-the Jets weren't even on TV back then in the mid 60's LBS-oh yea and forgive me-I was in the 6th grade....12 yrs old dude

:) We are about the same age, SFJ, and I became a Jets fan because I saw Don Maynard in a Mennan deodrant commercial. Not a lot of strategy involved. They were very simple times. ;)

:) We are about the same age, SFJ, and I became a Jets fan because I saw Don Maynard in a Mennan deodrant commercial. Not a lot of strategy involved. They were very simple times. ;)

I was thinking about that a few minutes ago too DM. How these kids today have no idea of how dedicated you had to be to follow your teams back then-it was The Daily News, The Star Ledger and a lot of time with a radio planted on the side of your head.

Nowadays all you have to do is click the mouse...

I'm busting your chops....

I'm an old schooler LBS....my blood is green, my skin Yankee pinstriped and I still carry the scars of Knickerbocker's orange and blue on my heart to this day.

A LOT of guys who moved down here when I did in the mid to late 80's actually switched teams from the Jets TO the Dolphins, when they had Marino and The Marks Brothers....I never understood that, and could NEVER do that

Packer fans are one of the most loyal in the NFL. I do not see them rooting for the Jets- favre yes.

it's NEVER about the player it's always about the team and the jerseys and the colors for us true fans-as you well know faba-I would never expect any true Packers fan to become a Jets fan...I know I didn't switch over to a Rams fan when Joe Willie was traded and he was my friggin idol-not one second

I'm an old schooler LBS....my blood is green, my skin Yankee pinstriped and I still carry the scars of Knickerbocker's orange and blue on my heart to this day.

A LOT of guys who moved down here when I did in the mid to late 80's actually switched teams from the Jets TO the Dolphins, when they had Marino and The Marks Brothers....I never understood that, and could NEVER do that

I cant understand people switching allegiances either to a hated rival. Yes I live outside of Boston now, and I still love my Isles, Mets, and Jets but I root for the Bruins, Red Sox but never will I root for the Pats. Bruins and Sawx arent my rival so it doesnt matter. But the Pats... ugh. never.

You still should have jumped off the bandwagon in the 70's while you were young.

This whole GB fans turning to Jets fans is pissing me off. The only hat i wear are one of my two jets hats. i wear them while bike riding, grociery shopping and playing socce. Now i can't go two feet without people saying something to the effect of "did you get the fave jersey to go with that?"

anger.

This whole GB fans turning to Jets fans is pissing me off. The only hat i wear are one of my two jets hats. i wear them while bike riding, grociery shopping and playing socce. Now i can't go two feet without people saying something to the effect of "did you get the fave jersey to go with that?"

anger.

poor drago. now being lumped in as a bandwagon fan.

Where's tictac when you need her.

poor drago. now being lumped in as a bandwagon fan.

Where's tictac when you need her.

it was impossible to find jets gear out here up until 2 days ago. I'd honestly be lucky to see anything Jets in a football store. At least now it will be easier to find a Coles jersey or something.

Oh wait, wisconsin won't know who coles is, they'll just call him donald driver. Stupid wisconsin.

it was impossible to find jets gear out here up until 2 days ago. I'd honestly be lucky to see anything Jets in a football store. At least now it will be easier to find a Coles jersey or something.

Oh wait, wisconsin won't know who coles is, they'll just call him donald driver. Stupid wisconsin.

:)

Archived