D-Line?

rhead26

Hey just joined the board after reading for a long time....I was wondering how people think our D-Line is gonna look this year. After everything that we have done in the offseason, the D-line (more specifically the DE's) never get mentioned. Ive heard Jenkins has been great but how do Ellis (who i know has been hurt recently but just came back) and Coleman look so far?

Hey just joined the board after reading for a long time....I was wondering how people think our D-Line is gonna look this year. After everything that we have done in the offseason, the D-line (more specifically the DE's) never get mentioned. Ive heard Jenkins has been great but how do Ellis (who i know has been hurt recently but just came back) and Coleman look so far?

coleman, kareem, and jenkins are having solid camps

yea i know the O-Line has looked real good so far but the D-Line makes me a little nervous...Hopefully Ellis and Coleman will play better than they did last year with Jenkins in the middle. With a solid D-Line, we could have a great defense.

there were a handful of games after the bye where we looked decent against the run (KC, Miami, Pit). Hopefully thats the line that will show up every game this year. Of course Jenkins should help but we still need the DE's to be at least okay-solid to allow our LB's to make plays and have a decent run defense. Does anybody feel comfortable with Ellis and Coleman as our DE's?

I think any pass rush will have to be from Pace, Thomas and Ghoulston. I can't see Ellis getting tremendous pressure, and Coleman does not strike me as a big time sack guy. Jenkins will collapse a couple of times on a Q/B, but that's not really his job. Just plug the middle. He does look a lot quicker than I thought he was. Seems quite "light" on his feet for a guy in the 360 pound area.

the pass rush will definitely come from mostly the LB's (pace, thomas, etc.) but what worries me a little is that the LB's for the most part can only generate as much pass rush as the D-Line allows them to. Again, Jenkins doesnt worry me too much but can ellis and coleman put enough pressure on the O-Line to free up some space for the LBs to rush. Overall though the run defense is what worries me the most in terms of the DE's.

the pass rush will definitely come from mostly the LB's (pace, thomas, etc.) but what worries me a little is that the LB's for the most part can only generate as much pass rush as the D-Line allows them to. Again, Jenkins doesnt worry me too much but can ellis and coleman put enough pressure on the O-Line to free up some space for the LBs to rush. Overall though the run defense is what worries me the most in terms of the DE's.

Ellis and Coleman are the two weak links in the front 7. Ellis especially.

Teams are still going to be able to run on us this year. That worries me.

Has Ellis played a snap yet with Jenkins next to him? He broke his hand several weeks ago & only just started to really practice again a couple of days ago. He was nothing special next to DRob (but no one was), but we have no idea what Jenkins' impact will have on Ellis' play yet. It's not as though he's untalented.

I'm still in wait & see with him to judge him on how he will play with the current personnel. And I haven't seen that yet so I have neither criticism nor praise yet.

Archived