3 Penalties in a row!

ECURB

Leave Chad out of it...

Or...

Leave him in it...

Why the **** did Tangini keep turning to a weak armed piece of **** QB?

They didn't you schmuck, they benched a healthy Pennington for Clemens. Then they unceremoniously released your butt buddy when they signed Favre. In fact, they didn't even take care to try and keep him out of the division. That's how lowly Tangini felt about Chad. They were begging for Clemens to be mediocre so they could finally bench Chad for good, but when that didn't happen they took matters in their own hands to get rid of him.

Again, for the new people here who may not have been around back then, please realize that Ecrub felt Tannenbaum and Mangini were the greatest thing since sliced bread until theday Chad was benched. Once Chad was benched Ecrub blasted Mangini and tannenbaum and then went into hiding for a while until Clemens finally crapped the bed he came back with more tirades about Mangini since Chad still wasn't playing. He's a douchebag.

They didn't you schmuck, they benched a healthy Pennington for Clemens. Then they unceremoniously released your butt buddy when they signed Favre. In fact, they didn't even take care to try and keep him out of the division. That's how lowly Tangini felt about Chad. They were begging for Clemens to be mediocre so they could finally bench Chad for good, but when that didn't happen they took matters in their own hands to get rid of him.

Again, for the new people here who may not have been around back then, please realize that Ecrub felt Tannenbaum and Mangini were the greatest thing since sliced bread until theday Chad was benched. Once Chad was benched Ecrub blasted Mangini and tannenbaum and then went into hiding for a while until Clemens finally crapped the bed he came back with more tirades about Mangini since Chad still wasn't playing. He's a douchebag.

Ok wait....

Rewind

Your saying that better coaching would not have prevented the illegal formations?

Its the only thing Herm did right... he had a passion that the players took to heart and played 120% at all times...

Mangini lacks that passion and you can tell players are more scared of him than anything...

Players at least knew that Herm would back them up... I dont think Herm was a good coach but Mangini needs to let his players know and feel that he is behind them... nbot just look pissed off 24/7.

Yeah, cause Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Mike Holmgren, are all just warm, fuzzy, smiling, happy people on the sidelines right?

We were a farking embarrassment last season, and our players still came to play every week. The locker rm remained pretty much under control, and none of the players ever threw in the towel and stopped playing.

True, players need to know that their coach is behind them, but they also need to understand that bad play will be punished, regardless of experience, pay, draft status, etc. etc. I don't see what makes you feel like players are scared of Mangini. I see a team that, regardless of record, comes to each game ready to play. That, to me, is a sign of a good coach.

Ok wait....

Rewind

Your saying that better coaching would not have prevented the illegal formations?

Or, as you mentioned in a previous thread, its preseason, and our starting QB, you know, the guy in charge of calling out the audibles and changing formations, has been on the team a whole of 2 weeks. As Mangini said before the Redskins game, "there's definitely a learning curve and I fully expect there to be some bumps in the road..."

The fact is under Mangini we have ranked bottom 5 in penalties committed both seasons as well. Its preseason for a reason, there are going to be some mistakes and relapses.

Yeah, cause Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Mike Holmgren, are all just warm, fuzzy, smiling, happy people on the sidelines right?

We were a farking embarrassment last season, and our players still came to play every week. The locker rm remained pretty much under control, and none of the players ever threw in the towel and stopped playing.

True, players need to know that their coach is behind them, but they also need to understand that bad play will be punished, regardless of experience, pay, draft status, etc. etc. I don't see what makes you feel like players are scared of Mangini. I see a team that, regardless of record, comes to each game ready to play. That, to me, is a sign of a good coach.

I didnt say I want him to be a cheerleader... but the guy has the same expression when they score a TD as he does when they give one up...

Parcells BB and others congratulate the players after good plays, and help them figure out how to fix the bad ones... Mangini stands there with his arms crossed frowning...

Yelling is great the next day, laps, blah blah blah.... but in the heat of the moment you need to re-assure your guy your behind him and make sure they know what the mistake was and how to fix it... Otherwise it will get in their head and they will play like **** all day.

I didnt say I want him to be a cheerleader... but the guy has the same expression when they score a TD as he does when they give one up...

Parcells BB and others congratulate the players after good plays, and help them figure out how to fix the bad ones... Mangini stands there with his arms crossed frowning...

Yelling is great the next day, laps, blah blah blah.... but in the heat of the moment you need to re-assure your guy your behind him and make sure they know what the mistake was and how to fix it... Otherwise it will get in their head and they will play like **** all day.

LOL Ecurb. I have never seen either BB or BP (the coach) congratulate anyone on the sidelines, ever, during a game. I see Mangini talking a bunch on the sideline, just because they dont always show it on TV, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. As Mangini always says: "Its a 5 second rule--you have that much time to celebrate a good play or mope or shake your head about a bad play. After that, its on to the next down."

You also have to remember these guys are proffesional athletes, they've all made their fair share of mistakes and they've all found ways to move on. Its not like these are a bunch of elementary schoolers that are going to quit just because of one mistake.

Ok wait....

Rewind

Considering that many of them were Favre's fault, simply because he called for the snap prior to allowing the motion man to get set, I don't think coaching could really help that. Also, considering the offensive style and playcalling has changed dramatically to accomodate an NFL caliber QB, something we haven't had in 6 years now, I would expect a few mistakes. Basically put, we are changing the playcalling and pre snap style of the offense dramatically on the fly now that we have a real QB. I would expect some mistakes. Just as I would expect you to make stupid and unintelligent posts.

Archived