Scouts Buzz: Why Dolphins offense will succeed

crashingjet

Not sure who said we had great QB'S (plural) to take over. A lot of people were sold on Beck, I had my suspicions because of the weak conference he played in at BYU.

Henne was drafted as part of the new regime and will take over for Chad when he's ready, which could be as soon as this season. Pennington was brought in for his veteran leadership, not to make the playoffs which will be a couple years away. (Not too mention hes a Parcells guy)

As for the term"Flippers", the mongoloids over at Billszone come up with better smack names. Frankly Im not impressed.

Well you seem way more practical and reasonable, a rare trait for a fin fan, I commend you for that.

As for the Flippers, I'm sure I could come up with allot better, but frankly they are not worth more thought, time or effort, and FLIPPER fits just fine. :D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you seem way more practical and reasonable, a rare trait for a fin fan, I comend you for that.

As for the Flippers, I'm sure I could come up with allot better, but frankly they are not worth more thought, time or effort, and FLIPPER fits just fine. :D

Meh, its not that rare of a trait. Just the ones you encounter probably care more about smack than debate. Which is fun as hell dont get me wrong, I just prefer to do it in person ;)

Gotcha. An easy mistake to have made. I thought Beck would be improved, but didnt forsee this regime tugging on his reins and stunting his growth. No franchise's fans wouldnt have been excited had they been in our situation.

You know how much **** I heard about Kellen Clemens last year? Good God...[/quote]

I know right. You should have seen this place before Favre showed up and there was a QB battle. Everybody wanted Clemons to QB, but he was getting beat out by Chad. Now there are threads saying he should be cut... Wait, it's the same thing with Beck over at the Phins, Damn ;)

Well you seem way more practical and reasonable, a rare trait for a fin fan, I commend you for that.

Huh, and you are neither practical or reasonable.

Meh, its not that rare of a trait. Just the ones you encounter probably care more about smack than debate. Which is fun as hell dont get me wrong, I just prefer to do it in person ;)
Me too, but I never seem to meet any fin fans that want to talk smack to my face, they only get brave on their mommy's computer. :P

Huh, and you are neither practical or reasonable.
Right, so where are all the posts I made about how Favre sucked and now he's great, or how Clemens was great and now he sucks?

Where are have I quoted PRE-SEASON STATS, and made we're great claims?

You know why you can't find them, because they don't exist, I can fill a whole server up with your FLIPS, and unreasonable posts, and this whole place knows that.

Why are you so worried about me? because you feel burnt?

I was talking to Hard Kore XXX, mind your own business, try and come up with a good one for how you were wrong about Chad, FLIPPER!!!

I like the power running game Miami is attempting to establish. Long and Smiley should make for a great left-side tandem when it comes to the running game, and hell, I even have Ricky on my FF. My question is about the Fin recievers. Ginn Jr. has speed, does he have hands? How is WR2 going to shake out? Who is your TE again?

Chad sucks, we wanted pretty much anyone over him. You will learn that soon enough when he starts laying goose eggs against good defenses. Hell, he might start doing that in week 1 against us. We do have a pretty darned good secondary you know. Revis really doesn't allow any separation, so Chad won't even try it there. And Lowery is actually pretty good too. And then Rhodes will pick off any ducks that he does try if those two screw up somehow.

So you'll basically just see dumpoffs and short passes down the middle. So everyone will just ignore the sidelines, except when he tries an out, which will just be pick 6ed. Dude this guy is terrible and you know it. I can't believe you've somehow managed to delude yourself into thinking Chad Pennington is a good idea.

I just love the dildonis's that look at chadwicks "career completion %" and deem him holy because of it. The reality is - he got to complete a lot of those passes because opposing defense's saw them as the potentially harmless blips they were. The record books clearly show he did a piss poor job of using that killer completion % to move the chains and a much poorer job of putting points on the board. If you're wanting good numbers that dont relate to points - chaddy's your boy. Points still win football games. Everytime.

I like the power running game Miami is attempting to establish. Long and Smiley should make for a great left-side tandem when it comes to the running game, and hell, I even have Ricky on my FF. My question is about the Fin recievers. Ginn Jr. has speed, does he have hands? How is WR2 going to shake out? Who is your TE again?

I dont think Ive seen Ginn drop a pass since he's been drafted, no joke. Now getting him the ball is a different story. Hes come along way with his route running, but still has room to improve.

Our #2 WR as of now is Derek Hagan. I'll be the first to admit I dogged the HELL out of this guy because he couldn't catch an STD in Amsterdam. He seems to have come a ways, be hes the default #2 because Wilford hadn't done anything to speak of until last night when he hauled in a couple nice grabs.

Our starting TE would appear to Fasano whom we aquired from Dallas in the offseason. He catches the ball ok, and blocks adequately which please the coaching staff. Justin Peele is at his heels and is a bit more of a receiving threat, but is from the previous regime so Im not holding out hope he'll even be on the 53 (although Id assume he will be simply for depth) Sean Ryan caught a nice TD pass last night BTW/

You nailed our power running game, ParLand is banking on a healthy Ricky/Ronnie to carry the load this year. A repeat of the latter part of '05 would be a wet dream come true to Phins fans.

I just love the dildonis's that look at chadwicks "career completion %" and deem him holy because of it. The reality is - he got to complete a lot of those passes because opposing defense's saw them as the potentially harmless blips they were. The record books clearly show he did a piss poor job of using that killer completion % to move the chains and a much poorer job of putting points on the board. If you're wanting good numbers that dont relate to points - chaddy's your boy. Points still win football games. Everytime.

Defense wins championships. And when the QB is playing like Chad does, he's doing the defense's job for them. Most defenses try to force a QB to throw what Chad throws on purpose and is praised for. You'll take a QB dinking and dunking all day.

I dont think Ive seen Ginn drop a pass since he's been drafted, no joke. Now getting him the ball is a different story. Hes come along way with his route running, but still has room to improve.

Our #2 WR as of now is Derek Hagan. I'll be the first to admit I dogged the HELL out of this guy because he couldn't catch an STD in Amsterdam. He seems to have come a ways, be hes the default #2 because Wilford hadn't done anything to speak of until last night when he hauled in a couple nice grabs.

Our starting TE would appear to Fasano whom we aquired from Dallas in the offseason. He catches the ball ok, and blocks adequately which please the coaching staff. Justin Peele is at his heels and is a bit more of a receiving threat, but is from the previous regime so Im not holding out hope he'll even be on the 53 (although Id assume he will be simply for depth) Sean Ryan caught a nice TD pass last night BTW/

You nailed our power running game, ParLand is banking on a healthy Ricky/Ronnie to carry the load this year. A repeat of the latter part of '05 would be a wet dream come true to Phins fans.

Unfortunately, without a stellar defense... something you guys will not have... you need a balanced offensive attack in today's NFL to be successfull.

Dildonis's... not bad.

There was another guy the Dolphins had who did basically the same thing, his name was Bob Griese. What made Griese so great was his teams rushing attack and the fact he could sell playaction very well.

Now, Im not by any means comparing Brown/Williams to Csonka/Kiick or Csonka/Morris, nor do I believe Chad is anything more than a stop-gap at the position, but you have to like the direction and identity thats being established by the Aqua and Orango do you not?

Unfortunately, without a stellar defense... something you guys will not have... you need a balanced offensive attack in today's NFL to be successfull.

Agreed 100%. No one is saying "This is the Year!" in Miami. They're seriously misguided if they are. But our defense will be A LOT better than last years, trust me. Our depth is a serious issue, but our starters look pretty damn solid. Jason Ferguson has been stellar as have Philip Merling and Kendall Langford our two D-Line draft picks.

It appears that since the arrival of Pennington, Ginn can't drop a ball. He has become quite surehanded and a much better route runner, plus he's still a monster on returns, he took a punt back for a TD against KC. Our #2 wide reciever will probably be Derrick Hagan (our 3rd rounder from 2005) and 3,4 and 5 are up in the air. We're pretty weak at WR to be honest

Our TE's are Fasano, a draft pick of Parcells in Dallas, Peele and David Matin (hopefully gets cut).

I forgot about Fasano... Notre Dame, right? I think he'll be your best long term option at TE. As for the WRs, it sounds like Ginn Jr. is your only real threat, and he hasn't been scary in a regular season game yet...

just saying.

When an elite CB covers your one reciever threat, your passing game is wiped out. I don't understand why your FO has gotten rid of some good talent in the last couple years; Chambers, Welker.... (I know Chambers became Henne, but still)

Your team would be in much much better offensive position right now if your recieving options were better planned out.

It appears that since the arrival of Pennington, Ginn can't drop a ball. He has become quite surehanded and a much better route runner, plus he's still a monster on returns, he took a punt back for a TD against KC. Our #2 wide reciever will probably be Derrick Hagan (our 3rd rounder from 2005) and 3,4 and 5 are up in the air. We're pretty weak at WR to be honest

Our TE's are Fasano, a draft pick of Parcells in Dallas, Peele and David Matin (hopefully gets cut).

HA. I didnt even mention David Martin. Wouldnt bother me at all to see him go.

Speaking of CBs and WRs, didn't you guys just trade away a decent CB to Cleveland? Are you guys stacked with defensive backs, or what?

I just don't see it on paper.

Langford should be a beast, next year probably more so than this year, and Merling is probably two years out from any real production...

and I think your LB (starting four, anyway) has the possibility of being 'good' I just don't see them being better than 'good'.

Point is, without a 'very good' defense, your team will be trailing more often than not and need to lean on the passing game. This is where Chad screwed us. He once was able to march down fields when trailing and get the come-from-behind (pillow biter talk ;) ) win.... Last year he was a different QB.

I forgot about Fasano... Notre Dame, right? I think he'll be your best long term option at TE. As for the WRs, it sounds like Ginn Jr. is your only real threat, and he hasn't been scary in a regular season game yet...

just saying.

When an elite CB covers your one reciever threat, your passing game is wiped out. I don't understand why your FO has gotten rid of some good talent in the last couple years; Chambers, Welker.... (I know Chambers became Henne, but still)

Your team would be in much much better offensive position right now if your recieving options were better planned out.

Pretty simple really, Welker = Samson Satele our starting center and hopefully a franchise one for quite some time, and Chambers became Henne as you mentioned. Plus the Pats were going to put the poison pill in Wes' contract.

And dont forget one thing. We ARE rebuilding. Chambers and Welker aren't going to help us much right now anyway. Might was well accumulate picks and develop future talent.

Speaking of CBs and WRs, didn't you guys just trade away a decent CB to Cleveland? Are you guys stacked with defensive backs, or what?

I just don't see it on paper.

Langford should be a beast, next year probably more so than this year, and Merling is probably two years out from any real production...

and I think your LB (starting four, anyway) has the possibility of being 'good' I just don't see them being better than 'good'.

Point is, without a 'very good' defense, your team will be trailing more often than not and need to lean on the passing game. This is where Chad screwed us. He once was able to march down fields when trailing and get the come-from-behind (pillow biter talk ;) ) win.... Last year he was a different QB.

You're speaking of Travis Daniels. He was a 4th round pick from the Saban era who rarely played due to injury and problems grasping the playbook. I would hardly call him "very good". He was the odd man out, a casualty of a failed regime(s).

You're average Dolphins fan doesn't care about wins this year. We want improvement and to know our team is headed in the right direction.

You're speaking of Travis Daniels. He was a 4th round pick from the Saban era who rarely played due to injury and problems grasping the playbook. I would hardly call him "very good". He was the odd man out, a casualty of a failed regime(s).

You're average Dolphins fan doesn't care about wins this year. We want improvement and to know our team is headed in the right direction.

7 years with no playoffs will do that to ya. :P

What is this a 10 year rebuild plan? :Typotux:

Archived