Scouts Buzz: Why Dolphins offense will succeed

crashingjet

Discuss...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/bucky_brooks/08/28/buzz/index.html

Pennington, the NFL's career leader in completion percentage (65.6) for quarterbacks with more than 1,500 attempts, has completed 16-of-21 attempts for 149 yards with one touchdown in two starts with the Dolphins and led the team to four scores in seven drives under his guidance.

"I've been impressed with how sharp he has looked in his first two starts," said an AFC scout. "He is getting the ball out on time, and even looks likes he has more zip on his passes."

the Dolphins are assembling an offense that has the potential to put points on the board. Led by the re-emergence of Ricky Williams and the return of a healthy Ronnie Brown, the Dolphins' rushing attack could finish amongst the league's top five. And the steady pounding between the tackles will allow Pennington to take deep shots to Ted Ginn Jr. down the field

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
................ allow Pennington to take deep shots to Ted Ginn Jr. down the field

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...........oh wait hang on......Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............ok now, seriously.......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rl::rl::rl::rl::rl::rl::rl::rl::rl::rl:

Discuss...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/bucky_brooks/08/28/buzz/index.html

Pennington, the NFL's career leader in completion percentage (65.6) for quarterbacks with more than 1,500 attempts, has completed 16-of-21 attempts for 149 yards with one touchdown in two starts with the Dolphins and led the team to four scores in seven drives under his guidance.

"I've been impressed with how sharp he has looked in his first two starts," said an AFC scout. "He is getting the ball out on time, and even looks likes he has more zip on his passes."

the Dolphins are assembling an offense that has the potential to put points on the board. Led by the re-emergence of Ricky Williams and the return of a healthy Ronnie Brown, the Dolphins' rushing attack could finish amongst the league's top five. And the steady pounding between the tackles will allow Pennington to take deep shots to Ted Ginn Jr. down the field

The only thing to discuss is how quick in the first half of the 1st gme will it take our defense to play meet at the QB & leave Chad Pennington for 1/2 Dead as they cart him off the field,

The only thing to discuss is how quick in the first half of the 1st gme will it take our defense to play meet at the QB & leave Chad Pennington for 1/2 Dead as they cart him off the field,

And you're basing this on what? The fact Chad hasn't been sacked in the entire preseason or the fact your D-Line is just that good?

Ummm, have you SEEN our defense?

Listen dude, ask anyone here, I wa one of Penningtons biggest supporters, but get serious...ZIP on the ball?...Deep to Ginn Jr?..

you better hope your O-Line is VASTLY improved from last year or Chad HENNE will be playing by week #6

Nothing has changed.

The problem is that no Dolphins opponent will need safeties.

Cover Williams' run with Safety blitzes, and let your corners handle the 15yd passes.

I wouldn't go that far, but keying in on Ronnie/Ricky will def be high priority for Dolphins opponents. Say what you want about Penny's arm, Ted Ginn stretches the field.

Its obviously going to be a dink and dunk/power running offense, but Chad can expolit that type of D you described. He did it for you guys for 8 years.

Another thing that type of offense does it allows us to shorten the game and run clock. Which will be good considering our lack of depth/inexperience on D.

PRE_SEASON is the magic word...Ive seen teams go 4=0 in the pre-season and not win 4 more the rest of the way.

I think you are just trying to convince yourself that they will be better...sorry buddy, the Dolphins are still a bottom 3 team this year

I'll still be here, we were 1-15 last year. It cant get any worse. I expect us to lose week 1 anyhow so...
Sounds like you are getting use to it. ;)

They should be a little better this year, but just cause we always beat you with Chad does not mean he's going to have any success being on the other side.

What's funny is how the same dolfag clowns who bashed Chad for the 8 years we had, now start threads about him and how good he's doing.

What a joke, non stop laughs, keep it up FLIPPER!!!

OH WOW, so where do they hang the banner for that?

You want to know where?

NO WHERE!!!

That's where, and that's where you are going.

NO WHERE!!!

:rl:

Sounds like you are getting use to it. ;)

They should be a little better this year, but just cause we always beat you with Chad does not mean he's going to have any success being on the other side.

What's funny is how the same dolfag clowns who bashed Chad for the 8 years we had, now start threads about him and how good he's doing.

What a joke, non stop laughs, keep it up FLIPPER!!!

I always bashed him because he was a Jest, but always had respect for him because he killed us. I feel the same way about Brady, and felt the same about Jim Kelly... and Browning Nagle ;)

I always bashed him because he was a Jest, but always had respect for him because he killed us. I feel the same way about Brady, and felt the same about Jim Kelly... and Browning Nagle ;)
Look you would be crazy to say Brady or Kelly sucked, maybe you could get away with calling Brady a cheater ;), but he does not suck.

Chad went from a garbage noodle arm flunkie to "The most accurate, Zip, blah blah blah" in a matter of seconds, that's hilarious.

Also what happened to all the great QB's you guys had lined up to take over, that we use to hear about, Chad came in and got the nod rigtht away.

So if he sucked as bad as dolfags use to claim, then I guess you guys are really hurting at the QB position.

Don't worry I have a feeling the FLIPPERS are going to be FLIPPING again, a few games into the season. :P

Look you would be crazy to say Brady or Kelly sucked, maybe you could get away with calling Brady a cheater ;), but he does not suck.

Chad went from a garbage noodle arm flunkie to "The most accurate, Zip, blah blah blah" in a matter of seconds, that's hilarious.

Also what happened to all the great QB's you guys had lined up to take over, that we use to hear about, Chad came in and got the nod rigtht away.

So if he sucked as bad as dolfags use to claim, then I guess you guys are really hurting at the QB position.

Don't worry I have a feeling the FLIPPERS are going to be FLIPPING again, a few games into the season. :P

Not sure who said we had great QB'S (plural) to take over. A lot of people were sold on Beck, I had my suspicions because of the weak conference he played in at BYU.

Henne was drafted as part of the new regime and will take over for Chad when he's ready, which could be as soon as this season. Pennington was brought in for his veteran leadership, not to make the playoffs which will be a couple years away. (Not too mention hes a Parcells guy)

As for the term"Flippers", the mongoloids over at Billszone come up with better smack names. Frankly Im not impressed.

Not sure who said we had great QB'S (plural) to take over. A lot of people were sold on Beck, I had my suspicions because of the weak conference he played in at BYU.

Henne was drafted as part of the new regime and will take over for Chad when he's ready, which could be as soon as this season. Pennington was brought in for his veteran leadership, not to make the playoffs which will be a couple years away. (Not too mention hes a Parcells guy)

As for the term"Flippers", the mongoloids over at Billszone come up with better smack names. Frankly Im not impressed.

I'll take the credit for that, it was a heated exchange before I could have even imagined Penny would be a Dolphin. There was alot of excitement for Beck going into camp, unfortunatley he couldn't perform.

Peep the sig homo...
It makes no sense retard, you convienantly left out that I wanted Favre here all along, and was pissed when it looked like he would not come.

The next line in that quote says IF he did not want nothing to do with us, but he's here obviously he did want something to do with us.

So I was wrong, but I never flopped, I still stand by everything I said there at the time he was being a bitch, but guess what douche bag, he's here now.

You got our trash, and went from bashing Chad in your avatar, to posting how great the is, you are the ultimate FLIPPER!!!

The whole board knows it, and that fact that you have my quote in you sig, just shows what a desperate reach you are making.

You are a sad, sad boy.

I'll take the credit for that, it was a heated exchange before I could have even imagined Penny would be a Dolphin. There was alot of excitement for Beck going into camp, unfortunatley he couldn't perform.

Gotcha. An easy mistake to have made. I thought Beck would be improved, but didnt forsee this regime tugging on his reins and stunting his growth. No franchise's fans wouldnt have been excited had they been in our situation.

You know how much **** I heard about Kellen Clemens last year? Good God...

Archived