Who would you rather have???

Zeebers

Now through the next 5 years?

Jeter/ARod or Reyes/Wright.

I think its fair to assume that all 4 players will still be around in the next 5 years.

It's not such a crazy question anymore. Jeter looks like he's past his prime and overall has not nearly played as well as Reyes has this year. Arod's a better player than Wright, but his lack of clutch hitting has to make you disgusted. I am disgusted reading all the threads on this board about how much the Yankees would be better off without Arod.

I think this is a no-brainer, you take the younger guys. Even though Jose Reyes is one of the most overrated players in MLB, he still does more for his team than Jeter as of right now (and would in the next 5 years).

A-Rod is still a much better hitter than Wright, but needs to escape NY badly to avoid the stress and pressure that city brings on him. Some people handle it well, others get crushed by it.

I think this is a no-brainer, you take the younger guys. Even though Jose Reyes is one of the most overrated players in MLB, he still does more for his team than Jeter as of right now (and would in the next 5 years).

A-Rod is still a much better hitter than Wright, but needs to escape NY badly to avoid the stress and pressure that city brings on him. Some people handle it well, others get crushed by it.

Reyes is so overrated, he wasn't even an all-star.

How about Jeter/Wright. The lazy ones are with each other, and the clutch ones are with each other.... lol

As much as you would like Reyes to be the Cano of the Mets, he is not. As SD mentioned, Reyes is hitting .320 with 2 outs w/RISP and about .290 for his career. After a bad start he is playing gold glove caliber shortstop and have not had any mental lapses since the departure of the great Willie Randolph. The Mets lead the majors in runs scored in the first inning and its not even close. Coincidence? I am guessing not. Wright on the other hand as much as good as he is, has a soft 103 RBIs.

And let me say this, ball clubs won't come knocking on your door, asking you to GM based on your preferences,

And let me say this, I don't care. It was a simple question who I would rather have, and I said no to A-Rod, and Reyes, because of their personality issues, and showings of lazyness at times.

Personality issues can cause teams to suck, if you didn't know that. Manny Ramirez was holding the Red Sox back, and look how they have performed since trading the guy.

And let me say this, I don't care. It was a simple question who I would rather have, and I said no to A-Rod, and Reyes, because of their personality issues, and showings of lazyness at times.

Personality issues can cause teams to suck, if you didn't know that. Manny Ramirez was holding the Red Sox back, and look how they have performed since trading the guy.

What personality issues does Reyes have? He is an energetic player and his teammates love him. Where do you get that Reyes is a bad guy? Yes, he took issues with Keith Hernandez. Was it overblown? Yes, but it has nothing to do with how he performs for his teammates. Keith, is an analyst who speaks his mind.

Manny Ramirez was dogging it and did not want to play for the Sox anymore. When have Reyes pulled himself out of the game. If anything he was pissed because Manuel pulled him out of a game to protect him. If you're going to compare him or bash him, please get your facts straight.

What personality issues does Reyes have? He is an energetic player and his teammates love him. Where do you get that Reyes is a bad guy? Yes, he took issues with Keith Hernandez. Was it overblown? Yes, but it has nothing to do with how he performs for his teammates. Keith, is an analyst who speaks his mind.

Manny Ramirez was dogging it and did not want to play for the Sox anymore. When have Reyes pulled himself out of the game. If anything he was pissed because Manuel pulled him out of a game to protect him. If you're going to compare him or bash him, please get your facts straight.

My facts are fine, and the facts are Reyes is a baby. Stop getting all offensive of your teams players.

I don't think Reyes is a bad guy, but he has shown that he's lazy, and there is no way you can disagree with that.

I rather have a player who is no good, and tries 100%, then someone like Reyes, whose an excellent ball player, and doesn't give his all.

The only reason why I would like the Yankees to sign Manny Ramirez is to get Alex Rodriguez out of the cleanup spot, and that's for clutch reasons.

My facts are fine, and the facts are Reyes is a baby. Stop getting all offensive of your teams players.

I don't think Reyes is a bad guy, but he has shown that he's lazy, and there is no way you can disagree with that.

I rather have a player who is no good, and tries 100%, then someone like Reyes, whose an excellent ball player, and doesn't give his all.

The only reason why I would like the Yankees to sign Manny Ramirez is to get Alex Rodriguez out of the cleanup spot, and that's for clutch reasons.

When have Reyes shown that he is 'lazy'. I've said in the past that he has bouts of immaturity. I watch every game, for my money, I think he gives it his all. Again, his teammates love him. What is wrong with that?

When have Reyes shown that he is 'lazy'. I've said in the past that he has bouts of immaturity. I watch every game, for my money, I think he gives it his all. Again, his teammates love him. What is wrong with that?

Why can't you just let me express my opinion then? I don't like Reyes. Not everyone is going to like the same things you like, you have to realize that in life.

You asked the question, which group I would rather have, and I gave something a little different. I gave the 2 out of 4 players that I liked the most on the list.

If you can't deal with an answer I am giving, then don't reply to it, hell, don't even ask the question, if the answer isn't what you wanted to hear.

Why can't you just let me express my opinion then? I don't like Reyes. Not everyone is going to like the same things you like, you have to realize that in life.

You asked the question, which group I would rather have, and I gave something a little different. I gave the 2 out of 4 players that I liked the most on the list.

If you can't deal with an answer I am giving, then don't reply to it, hell, don't even ask the question, if the answer isn't what you wanted to hear.

I have no issues with anyone not liking Reyes, but you get questioned because you bring up points from the land of make-believe and that's when you get yourself in trouble.

I know exactly who you remind me of from nyjetsfan.com... lol

I don't know who that is, but I'll take that as a complement. That doesn't excuse the fact your points come from the land of make-believe. Your first point was that Reyes was not clutch like A-rod, and SD prove you incorrect with factual statistics, and then your panties all ruffled.

I don't know who that is, but I'll take that as a complement. That doesn't excuse the fact your points come from the land of make-believe. Your first point was that Reyes was not clutch like A-rod, and SD prove you incorrect with factual statistics, and then your panties all ruffled.

Who'd you rather have in a big spot, Reyes or Wright? I'll take Wright in that situation.

Jeter/Wright, I'll take that.

Who'd you rather have in a big spot, Reyes or Wright? I'll take Wright in that situation.

Jeter/Wright, I'll take that.

Braves fan here, Reyes usually always kills us in big spots. D. Wright never seems to do anything.

From that small sample Id much rather face Wright in a crucial spot. Not only that, Jose is a swtich hitter. Bring in a hard throwing Righty with any sort of breaking ball and Wright is done.

Although I only watch those guys when they play us so I could be off.

See, I can't be off, if I am not the only one who took Jeter, and Wright.

First off, because Barton agreed with you doesn't make you correct, and it doesn't make you incorrect. What makes you incorrect was making a statement like Reyes in not clutch, and his numbers this season say otherwise, and for most of his career, his stats say otherwise. Wright is hitting about .240 w/RISP. That's a fact. I've seen your posts and comments, debating you on baseball is like talking to a wall, and if you disagree, just ask anyone else on this board. This will be my last post on this topic.

First off, because Barton agreed with you doesn't make you correct, and it doesn't make you incorrect. What makes you incorrect was making a statement like Reyes in not clutch, and his numbers this season say otherwise, and for most of his career, his stats say otherwise. Wright is hitting about .240 w/RISP. That's a fact. I've seen your posts and comments, debating you on baseball is like talking to a wall, and if you disagree, just ask anyone else on this board. This will be my last post on this topic.

I see your the king of putting words in other peoples mouths. I don't recall me saying that him agreeing with me makes me correct. All I said was I can't be that awfully wrong, if I am not the only one saying that.

Oh yeah, you're definitely like that person from nyjetsfan. Thinking your opinions are the only ones that matter.

This reminds me of the Cano is more valuable than Wright debate at the start of the season. That didn't turn out so well for the Cano backers.

So you saw into the future and knew Cano was going to have a terrible season in 2008?

Why even bring that up in this thread btw?? You cant help yourself, can you?

So you saw into the future and knew Cano was going to have a terrible season in 2008?

Ole Barton is funny when he said that "he liked the upside of Cano", and then rags on people about reading into the future.

Please people, refrain from pointing out when Barton was wrong. Right Barty?

Nope. Just looked at Wrights career vs Cano's. Different planets.

I bring it up here because that debate was as crazy as ARod-Jeter vs two 25 yr old MVP candidates over the next 5 years. I am not sure ARod and Jete will even remain at their current positions over the next 5 years.

Nope. Just looked at Wrights career vs Cano's. Different planets.

I bring it up here because that debate was as crazy as ARod-Jeter vs two 25 yr old MVP candidates over the next 5 years. I am not sure ARod and Jete will even remain at their current positions over the next 5 years.

You're from a different planet.

Cano was 3rd in OPS of all 2nd baseman in 2007. Wright was 4th of all 3rd baseman.

Wrights a better player, but taking position value into account (a concept you and scotty just cant wrap your minds around) Cano was just as valuable as Wright was up until this season. And if you're an OPS guy, Cano was even more valuable than Wright in 2007.

You're from a different planet.

Cano was 3rd in OPS of all 2nd baseman in 2007. Wright was 4th of all 3rd baseman.

Wrights a better player, but taking position value into account (a concept you and scotty just cant wrap your minds around) Cano was just as valuable as Wright was up until this season. And if you're an OPS guy, Cano was even more valuable than Wright in 2007.

very ture. its hard to find a guy that can play 2nd and hit like cano usually does.

Sorry I've got to totally disagree with you on Reyes. You've got the kid all wrong. His numbers speak for themselves.

Archived