The good, the bad, and the ugly

LionelRichie

the good:

getting the 'W'

favre, cotchery, run defense, revis/lowery, pass rush (pace/thomas), thomas jones

the bad:

letting the dolphins hand around - good teams put away weaker opponents

offensive penalties were disasterous

red zone offense - same problems as last year

rhodes/smith/barton playing pass defense in the middle of the field.

gholston - did he even play?

the ugly:

special teams - nugent, blocked punt, kickoffs

franks trying to catch the ball

all in all a good day. any win is a good win, especially for this cursed franchise and the jets showed they were clearly the better team today.

i think this defense has a chance to be very special - this is the best they have looked this early in the season in the last decade.

big game next week, i think the jets have a great shot with or without brady.

Rhodes looked pretty good to me. Didn't really notice Smith but the few times I did, he seemed to be getting beat. I'd say the linebackers deserve most of the blame for some of the coverage problems. Seemed like the RBs were killing us in the passing game and Chad even missed a few.

As for Gholston, he wasn't in all that much but when he was he looked alright but nothing spectacular. His power is obvious and there were a few times where he pushed the lineman right into the pocket, but he continues to only rely solely on the bull rush when pass rushing. Barely even noticed him in coverage and can only remember seeing him in that situation once. I'd say it was a nondescript performance. He didn't do enough or get enough chances to consider it a good or bad day IMO.

the good:

getting the 'W'

favre, cotchery, run defense, revis/lowery, pass rush (pace/thomas), thomas jones

the bad:

letting the dolphins hand around - good teams put away weaker opponents

offensive penalties were disasterous

red zone offense - same problems as last year

rhodes/smith/barton playing pass defense in the middle of the field.

gholston - did he even play?

the ugly:

special teams - nugent, blocked punt, kickoffs

franks trying to catch the ball

all in all a good day. any win is a good win, especially for this cursed franchise and the jets showed they were clearly the better team today.

i think this defense has a chance to be very special - this is the best they have looked this early in the season in the last decade.

big game next week, i think the jets have a great shot with or without brady.

Rhodes played well. Smith and Barton were terrible in pass coverage. Gholston only played a few plays but was OK. On that Ellis sack, he would have had the sack if Ellis didn't get there first.

Archived