LOL @ Tom Brady being a top 5 QB of all time

RSJ

I thought I read, or heard somewhere that Favre was teaching the offensive playbook to the new coaches he had that showed up during his time there. So Favre being a system quarterback may not actually be off.

The system is not what made him great.

Unlike Cindi.

It was a very simple game plan from the Patriots. Belichick & Co. will obviously do what they can to protect him for as long as they can. Today's gameplan didn't require him to go win the game. His job was to protect the football and manage the game.

It will be interesting to see how he responds when/if the Pats fall behind and he's asked to do more. Of course, it would be nice if our defense and the rest of the guys can keep that from ever happening.

);p

It was a very simple game plan from the Patriots. Belichick & Co. will obviously do what they can to protect him for as long as they can. Today's gameplan didn't require him to go win the game. His job was to protect the football and manage the game.

It will be interesting to see how he responds when/if the Pats fall behind and he's asked to do more. Of course, it would be nice if our defense and the rest of the guys can keep that from ever happening.

);p

Although I give some of this Jets loss to the meshing of all of these new guys they brought in and bad playcalling. I will say that the Pats will not lose anything with Cassell. He has a stronger arm than Brady, imo and he has the talent around him to take the pressure off of him.

Although I give some of this Jets loss to the meshing of all of these new guys they brought in and bad playcalling. I will say that the Pats will not lose anything with Cassell. He has a stronger arm than Brady, imo and he has the talent around him to take the pressure off of him.

While the kind thoughts are appreciated, I can see why people think Jets fans are horrible talent evaluators.

);p

You're right. Cassel didn't have to win the game. He just had to not lose it. Not that much different from what Brady to do in 2001.

The game plan the the Pats deployed today won't beat the Steelers. And is shaky against the Colts, Chargers or Bills. But it is probably enough to win the division.

Patriots are not going to have the season they had last season. But that doesn't mean they won't contend.

While the kind thoughts are appreciated, I can see why people think Jets fans are horrible talent evaluators.

As far as being a horrible evaluater of talent goes. I believe I was the only one on the board (Pats fans included) who said the PAts wouldn't lose much without Brady. So far I'm right since the Pats offense put up more points this year than they did last year against a much improved Jets defense.

As far as being a horrible evaluater of talent goes. I believe I was the only one on the board (Pats fans included) who said the PAts wouldn't lose much without Brady. So far I'm right since the Pats offense put up more points this year than they did last year against a much improved Jets defense.

They did? I was at the game in the meadowlands last year and um......'wanna refresh my memory again? LOL!

Matt Cassell 'aint no Tom Brady, but he did not need to be today. The defense of the Pats will carry this team as far as it goes - and who knows what that is. It's a long season.

They did? I was at the game in the meadowlands last year and um......'wanna refresh my memory again? LOL!

Matt Cassell 'aint no Tom Brady, but he did not need to be today. The defense of the Pats will carry this team as far as it goes - and who knows what that is. It's a long season.

I thought your season was "over"?

Maybe you forgot the last time we played was in foxboro or maybe you were getting your nails done that day.

Maybe you forgot the last time we played was in foxboro or maybe you were getting your nails done that day.

Yes, Tom did not play well that day. He was great the first one. So what is your point? Oh, yah, system......guess what, if Tom was in there today they would have scored a few more td's instead of settling for FG's. We will never know for sure, just my guess. Then again, I guessed the Pats were 'gnna lose by 14 today. My bad. :)

Yes, Tom did not play well that day. He was great the first one. So what is your point? Oh, yah, system......guess what, if Tom was in there today they would have scored a few more td's instead of settling for FG's. We will never know for sure, just my guess. Then again, I guessed the Pats were 'gnna lose by 14 today. My bad. :)

All we can go by is the last two games played and if we do that then Cassell outplayed Brady.

If you watched the game you'd realize the Pats started nearly every drive in Jets territory. Brady might have put up 50. This Brady bashing is ridiculous, wherever you rank him, he's one of the all time greats.

You know how the frauds won today? With lucky calls and doing just enough to let the refs give them the game. Thats how they won their superbowls + the cameras. Brady is a fraud.

Archived