This game could be a blessing in disguse

nico002

A nice slap in the face wake up call to the coaching staff and the players.

We could have EASILY won that game doing nothing differently. Leading to us playing similarly conservative ball the rest of the season and still making the playoffs with our easy schedule. Then, come playoff time, what happened yesterday happens. Season over.

Now, we are mad. We know that we have to be more aggresive. And that we must go out there and TAKE games. Hopefully this loss will inject some fire in the playing and play-calling.

Big-picture, this game really does not hurt us in terms of playoff possibilites.

We could have EASILY won that game doing nothing differently. Leading to us playing similarly conservative ball the rest of the season and still making the playoffs with our easy schedule. Then, come playoff time, what happened yesterday happens. Season over.

Now, we are mad. We know that we have to be more aggresive. And that we must go out there and TAKE games. Hopefully this loss will inject some fire in the playing and play-calling.

Big-picture, this game really does not hurt us in terms of playoff possibilites.

I agree with everything you said except this final line. Not true. This is the NFL and each game is huge because there are only 16 of them. This was not only a division game but a Conference game. A conference and or division loss hurts.

If last years 4-12 season didnt slap these same guys in the face...NOTHING WILL.

O yes it can hurt us....

I hope you are right. At some point I think Favre will take over as the leader on offense and it will add a certain swagger that was woefully missing yesterday. He made some incredible plays but its not yet his offense. Its only a matter of time.

ALthough the offense failed to score points I didn't feel like the favre swagger wasn't there.

He had a few huge plays that were vintage favre, including the 3-23 to stucky that unfortunatley were not represented on the scoreboard due to penalties/mistakes killing our drives shortly after.

The Pats still aren't going to have Brady when we play them next.

I agree too and think this game will be a wakeup call to us. I think we all know the potential we have on the field every sunday, and i think the coaches are going to be listening to the media and realize that calling it conservative each sunday is just not going to win for you in the nfl. Now with that, we have to execute 10 times better, and missing out on points, bad punts, and not scoring on the 1 yard line just cant happen from this point on. Im not worried, but this should be a good game for the coaches and players to evaluate themselves in all 3 phases of the game.

ALthough the offense failed to score points I didn't feel like the favre swagger wasn't there.

He had a few huge plays that were vintage favre, including the 3-23 to stucky that unfortunatley were not represented on the scoreboard due to penalties/mistakes killing our drives shortly after.

The Pats still aren't going to have Brady when we play them next.

No they wont have Brady.But they will have a more experienced Matt Cassel.

A more experienced cassell and a more tired and worn out defense that showed signs of wearing down last year. And this year, the Pats will depend on their D even more.

Also, our entire team will be more experienced.

Yup. I take my chances with a fully integrated Brett Favre (assuming full health).

I'm glad that most of us know that. Now someone just has to convince Mangini and Schottenheimer of that.

So we're mad. BFD. I didn't see anyone going crazy after the game yesterday. When I hear the players saying "same old same old", well, that doesn't sound like anyone being ticked off.

This team is a reflection of their coach. Emotionless, conservative and not aggressive. Not a good combination in the NFL.

I hope you are right. At some point I think Favre will take over as the leader on offense and it will add a certain swagger that was woefully missing yesterday. He made some incredible plays but its not yet his offense. Its only a matter of time.

I hope you are right. Favre said all of the right politically correct things in his interview after the game. I hope today he is in Mangini's office asking Mangini what is he doing here if Schotty is going to call the same game he called for Chad.

Archived