God Bless the Patriots and no one else! - Roger Goodell

Quick question, why was Eric Smith fined AND suspended? There are all sorts of crazy hits during the season. The punishment 99.999% of the time is just a fine. Why in this case is there a suspension? What about fat V. Wilfolk last year and his dirty play? He did not get suspended! What a joke! Goodell has clearly two sets of rules he uses. I guess for NE it sure pays to have your owner be best friends with the league comissioner! Total BS!

Quick question, why was Eric Smith fined AND suspended? There are all sorts of crazy hits during the season. The punishment 99.999% of the time is just a fine. Why in this case is there a suspension? What about fat V. Wilfolk last year and his dirty play? He did not get suspended! What a joke! Goodell has clearly two sets of rules he uses. I guess for NE it sure pays to have your owner be best friends with the league comissioner! Total BS!

It was a very dangerous hit and i have no problem with suspension.

He should appeal and make his case though.

It was a very dangerous hit and i have no problem with suspension.

He should appeal and make his case though.

what does Smith's hit have to do with the Patriots? And if you want to go down that road - if it were Harrison, he'd be fined 100K and suspended 2 games. Feel better?

Unbelieveable.

Thinking of starting this thread: "God Bless Lord Favre and nobody else." - at least that one would be true.

what does Smith's hit have to do with the Patriots? And if you want to go down that road - if it were Harrison, he'd be fined 100K and suspended 2 games. Feel better?

Unbelieveable.

Thinking of starting this thread: "God Bless Lord Favre and nobody else." - at least that one would be true.

you quoted the wrong person LMS!!!

i have no issue with suspension

Unbelieveable.

Yup, because Goodell told the Cards to let Favre throw 6 TD's.

Sure.

Serioulsy, can someone please do some research and list the last 3-4 infractions that a player got suspened by the league for a hit during a game? I would be very curious! I certainly know it wasn't V. Wilfat for his dirty play against the Giants last year! Plus, How about Rodney Harrison? How many games has he been suspended for late hits? Hmmmmmmm.

I think ES should appeal the Susp. the fine is legit,I think he got the 1gm. Susp. just based on the fact Goodell had just sent out the warning to all the players the previous week & he wanted to show he was serious & thats why ES got the 1 gm. Susp. and if in the long run it keeps other guys from having to be carted off on streachers then I am ok with sacraficing ES for 1 gm.

Should not been suspended.... he couldnt stop his motion... boldin was hit by another player so that threw him off... and as for who should be suspended... the arizona head coach should be for throwing the ball down by 2 touchdowns with 20 secs left...

Whats funny is my brother right before that play said... "yeah jackasses keep throwing the ball your gonan get someone hurt" then boom..

Yup, because Goodell told the Cards to let Favre throw 6 TD's.

Sure.

I bet that Goodell told Warner to turnover the ball several times giving the Jets a short field though ;)

That's not what I was referring to. What I am referring to is the NFL and media's consistent man-love towards the guy. It's actually kind of creepy. I'm pretty sure some of them would gladly actually have sex with Lord Favre if he let them. If I hear "he's really having fun out there" one more time, I'll puke. I'm pretty sure the NFL has mandated that everyone covering football MUST idolize Brett and service him upon request.

I bet that Goodell told Warner to turnover the ball several times giving the Jets a short field though ;)

That's not what I was referring to. What I am referring to is the NFL and media's consistent man-love towards the guy. It's actually kind of creepy. I'm pretty sure some of them would gladly actually have sex with Lord Favre if he let them. If I hear "he's really having fun out there" one more time, I'll puke. I'm pretty sure the NFL has mandated that everyone covering football MUST idolize Brett and service him upon request.

"'it's good to be the King"

where do i sign up?

Unlike the man love for Brady? And you call us homers

Never, ever, have I heard a talking head say "boy, Tom sure looks like he's having fun out there." The man-love for Lord Favre is so over-the-top.

Garby, I absolutely agree with you that the hero-worship is over the top for Favre, and he is a true network idol.

But please don't pretend that it is very different for Brady.

I swear, if Phil Simms could trade sons, Brady would be a member of the Simms family and Chris would be ball boy for UTexas.

Garby, I absolutely agree with you that the hero-worship is over the top for Favre, and he is a true network idol.

But please don't pretend that it is very different for Brady.

I swear, if Phil Simms could trade sons, Brady would be a member of the Simms family and Chris would be ball boy for UTexas.

Throw Boomer Easiason in there as well.....he'd have Brady's 2nd baby if he could.

That said, Favre-man-love is goes way beyond the man-love Brady gets. I'm not sure I understand it either - besides the fact that he's accesible to the media and is a good 'ole boy. It's one of life's mysteries.

Still, I get now how the Brady love must make you all puke. I bet the Favre love made a lot of you puke too - until be became a Jet ;)

Serioulsy, can someone please do some research and list the last 3-4 infractions that a player got suspened by the league for a hit during a game? I would be very curious! I certainly know it wasn't V. Wilfat for his dirty play against the Giants last year! Plus, How about Rodney Harrison? How many games has he been suspended for late hits? Hmmmmmmm.

Kenoy Kennedy was suspended a couple games for a vicious hit on Chris Chambers about 5 years ago. This is not unprecedented.

Archived