"Best Bets of the week"

Kerry Rhodes

Ill be looking to revise these picks sooner rather then later, but for this week here's my straight RLM plays(4-2 so far)

Marshall +8

Nebraska -1

Cincinnati U +7

Louisiana Tech +7

Anyone else have ways of ranking the college football teams running games in any type of DVOA type manner? Yisman your link was good, but I would love to find somthing alittle more specific

Marshall--Winner

Nebraska--Winner

Cincinnati--Winner

Louisiana Tech--Winner.

RLM with threshold of 1 point now 8-2 since weve been follwing it here in college.

Nice Pic's SlowMO--keep them coming

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my brains beaten in..

Bad luck this week on top of it..

I had gotten killed in the 1 o'clock games and decided to put a parlay up on the late games, I liked Indy and the over, but my wife was supposed to be coming home early and I wanted it settled before then so I took it at the half.. Net result? The halftime bet loses, the end game bet would've won and she came home later anyway. Then, I decided I was going to put any money I won at 4'oclock on the Giants/Over Sunday night. I had Oakland +10 and it looked solid until a late 55 yard punt return by Carolina into FG territory, they kick a late FG, Oakland misses theirs, I lose that game and the Giants/Over comes in on top of it. Had either of these two situations played out a little differently, I'd have covered all my losses for the day

:blowup:

I was 2-2 on the day but still ended up money (3-2 if you count the parlay). I took and lost the under in the Jets game as they almost went over by themselves in the 1st half, and I lost my favorite bet of the day (Houston pick em at home vs. the Ravens). I rebounded well in the afternoon/evening winning a parlay on the Colts and the over as well as the over on the Giants/Eagles game.

Doubt I'm touching tonights game.

Teased the Jets and the over so I got them at +9 and over 34, then I put a second hundred on the normal over (40).

Made last night's victory that much sweeter. :Nuts:

I took the Jets +140 on the coin flip.. ALmost took the Pats in the second half,would've won both bets..

I took the Jets +140 on the coin flip.. ALmost took the Pats in the second half,would've won both bets..

All you took before kickoff was the coin flip? Amazing will power.

And as for taking our opponents for the 2nd half, I will now do that every time we build a lead since we all know what Mangini will do once he gets it. :bag:

heh, I don't think that's what he meant. He took ML +140 because it was a coin flip game.

Last night was great for me. NHL, College, NFL. Hit everything but the over/under in the Jets game.

I was out all last night and watched the game on tape until 3:20 AM. Epic.

And as for taking our opponents for the 2nd half, I will now do that every time we build a lead since we all know what Mangini will do once he gets it. :bag:

Nah, like Yisman said I took the Jets on the ML cause I believed the game was a coin flip...

And yes, I made some nice money off of Mangini's second half foibles.. I like to bet against the Jets at the half and bet for them in the first half. :)

Real Smart guys(Yis, and CTM). If we have to live with Mangini and his horrible second half adjustments/defensive calls might as well make money off it.

I have to choose between Miami and Phili in KOH tommorow...Get any bad feelings about either team for tomm? Thanks for the help last week CTM...I ended up going with the cardinals based on DVOA although Jax, and Miami were fine too.

Any Bets anyone?

Ill have mine in later tonight when I get home. The Jet game last week messed up my timing.

Right now Im leaning on SF, Pittsburgh, Houston, Atlanta, and possibly Kansas City if it gets anywhere near 7.

Real Smart guys(Yis, and CTM). If we have to live with Mangini and his horrible second half adjustments/defensive calls might as well make money off it.

I have to choose between Miami and Phili in KOH tommorow...Get any bad feelings about either team for tomm? Thanks for the help last week CTM...I ended up going with the cardinals based on DVOA although Jax, and Miami were fine too.

Ohh man, did you watch the game? You must have been nervous as hell, I know I was, I had Miami and Arizona both teased down as a Wong teaser (did you ever read that post I wrote on it?)

Anyway, that pm exchange actually occurred to me that night. I realized that the two games DVOA liked best we're the nail biters and the one DVOA didn't like as much was the blow out, I was glad it came in...

I think Oakland gets back Dmac this week, but again they are a west coast team coming east. Haven't run the numbers on either yet..

Any Bets anyone?

Ill have mine in later tonight when I get home. The Jet game last week messed up my timing.

Right now Im leaning on SF, Pittsburgh, Houston, Atlanta, and possibly Kansas City if it gets anywhere near 7.

I already had the Jets ML +140 on Thursday. To me that was great value as I said, the game was a coin flip with odds anyway you sliced it. I'm eyeballing a few games but haven't done my homework yet.. Getting a bit lazy ;)

Any Bets anyone?

I like Carolina this week even with the huge line. Lions are back to garbage and Carolina is a deadly team at home. It makes for a big blowout. Bears getting points in Green Bay seems like a steal. Their defense plays fantastic away from home. I think that line has moved from -5.5 to something like -4 now. I also kind of like Oakland tomorrow as well. Same reason I liked Seattle at Miami last week. Its just too many points for Miami to cover in their stadium. Never happens for them. They wont lose, but 10 points just seems like alot. Thats another game where the line is probably down 1 or 2 off its open.

Houston and Troy were RLM games.

wow, they totally slipped my mind.

Here's the ones from this week just to have in the thread (Threshold 1)

The plays, and result

-Syracuse--------LOST

-Vanderbilt-------WON (was only 60 percent tho)

-Houston---------WON

-Boston College---WON

-Troy-------------WON

Damn, this has done pretty well since we have followed it. I think its pretty close to time to start using it to some extent.

Well Kerry you have 2 of my 3 best bets -- last week 3-0

lock

Atlanta -6 Denver d is bad and they usually suck in domes

Honarable Mention

San FRan -6.5 its the Rams and still no S. Jackson

parlay play

Dallas -1.5 Romo plays and Portis iffy at best spellss doom for Washington

good luck to all

Well Kerry you have 2 of my 3 best bets -- last week 3-0

lock

Atlanta -6 Denver d is bad and they usually suck in domes

Honarable Mention

San FRan -6.5 its the Rams and still no S. Jackson

parlay play

Dallas -1.5 Romo plays and Portis iffy at best spellss doom for Washington

good luck to all

i like atl

i would stay away from SF and Dal game

RLM play??

Reverse Line Movement.

When the public is betting one way and the lines moves in a direction to encourage more bets in that direction. Occurs when big money or books are betting the other side. So follow the money!

Archived