Yanks and Angels back in Teixeira hunt

NIGHT STALKER

The more I think about it I could see that Yankees are in on this, that they have made an offer, despite what Cashman is saying. I guess it's hard to believe that knowing that the team has the money, and the needs of a big bat teamed with A-Rod, that the Yankees aren't interested with Tex in the slightest.

If they really weren't interested, they'd go public with "leaks" in order to to just to drive up what the Red Sox bid. But instead, they are being very quiet about it and taking the opposite approach while throwing hints about Manny out there for the piranha media to seize.

The Yankees may be letting other teams determine the market for Tex, tell Boras to stand by, and then come in at the last minute and top it. You never know, stranger things have happen before.

You're probably right...Yanks have money to burn though. Another 33 mil comes off the books next year.

Not sure it means they have money to burn simply because contracts have expired. More of a reflection of how out of wack their payroll was coming into this offseason.

Also while the Yanks may be quiet about any Tex talks , Boras would surely ensure any such talks leaked to drive up the price.

Not sure it means they have money to burn simply because contracts have expired. More of a reflection of how out of wack their payroll was coming into this offseason.

Also while the Yanks may be quiet about any Tex talks , Boras would surely ensure any such talks leaked to drive up the price.

Well, that's what the media (and the Yanks) have put out there. Just about every article mentions that the Yanks have X amount of dollars coming off the books and will be a big spender in FA. Yanks will double revenue this coming year with the new stadium.

What should they do with their money? Pocket it like some owners do and put a bad quality product on the field? Seems the only fans that complain about the Yankees spending money are fans from other teams.

Well, that's what the media (and the Yanks) have put out there. Just about every article mentions that the Yanks have X amount of dollars coming off the books and will be a big spender in FA. Yanks will double revenue this coming year with the new stadium.

What should they do with their money? Pocket it like some owners do and put a bad quality product on the field? Seems the only fans that complain about the Yankees spending money are fans from other teams.

I wouldn't mind if the Yankees pocketed some of that money. If they did they could charge normal prices for their seats and I could take all my kids to a game or two. :)

Come on, break down. A game or two won't break your bank will it?:):):):):)

I paid for two games last year. If I brought all 3 kids it would break the bank -- but wait -- the bank is already broken.

Did get free seats at the end of the year, $250 face value each. 4 seats, $1,000 before you paid a toll or parked. WOW.

I wouldn't mind if the Yankees pocketed some of that money. If they did they could charge normal prices for their seats and I could take all my kids to a game or two. :)

Roundtrip airfare to/from KC and tickets will probably be cheaper.

I paid for two games last year. If I brought all 3 kids it would break the bank -- but wait -- the bank is already broken.

Did get free seats at the end of the year, $250 face value each. 4 seats, $1,000 before you paid a toll or parked. WOW.

janks do not accept Vcash????

I am all for the spending. It makes the hotstove league interesting.

However, implying lowering a already crazy payroll to what will still be far and away the highest in MLB should not be made out to be some big accomplishment.

Remember last years mantra that was endlessly shoved down everyone's throat was that the Yanks were finally returning to building through the farm, adding good clubhouse type roll players , not chasing the top FA's or signing pitchers to long term contracts. You know, the whole late 90's thing.

Remember that song and dance last year around this time?

I love the off season when players move around. The Yankees make it very exciting.

I just get a kick out of how some change their views on Yankee direction and spending depending on what the "latest" plan is.

I am all for the spending. It makes the hotstove league interesting.

However, implying lowering a already crazy payroll to what will still be far and away the highest in MLB should not be made out to be some big accomplishment.

Remember last years mantra that was endlessly shoved down everyone's throat was that the Yanks were finally returning to building through the farm, adding good clubhouse type roll players , not chasing the top FA's or signing pitchers to long term contracts. You know, the whole late 90's thing.

Remember that song and dance last year around this time?

I love the off season when players move around. The Yankees make it very exciting.

I just get a kick out of how some change their views on Yankee direction and spending depending on what the "latest" plan is.

The "latest plan" seems to circle around this writer Heyman from SI. I think he injects more of what he thinks is happening rather than what is actually happening. If you notice, he changes his thought process every few hours.

The "latest plan" seems to circle around this writer Heyman from SI. I think he injects more of what he thinks is happening rather than what is actually happening. If you notice, he changes his thought process every few hours.

I think everything Heyman has said about the Teixeira process has been wrong. He always seems to change his stance a few hours later...

Stop complaining and come sit with all the peasants in the bleachers. $48 for 4 seats. WOW.

Archived