So.....Who Is Our QB in 2009?

The Gun Of Bavaria

I'd like to see us come away with a WR, DE, NT, ILB, CB from the next draft.

Mt. Cody, Tyson Jackson, Rey Malauga, Vontae Davis???

I don't see us having any shot at Crabtree without giving up the farm, so WR probably has to wait till round 2 or later as there are no other 1st round prospects for my taste. If Heyward-Bey is there in the 2nd sure, otherwise there is not much to be had this year imo.

Well we will need to get a RB too as Thomas Jones is getting a little old and expensive. We need Sperm to give us a cap breakdown. All in all I agree on all of those positions though.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well I guess well find out in TC. I would definitely like to see Ratliff work with the first team offense. I think our biggest priority has to be dline above WR. We had no pass rush today, we need to address that fast. then WR is a close second.

We had no pass rush because we rushed 3 all game long. I'd like to see us utilize our pass rushing LBs more. I agree we could stand to upgrade Ellis, and if we could get Tyson Jackson I'll be thrilled, but part of the problem there is the usage and design of the defense.

We had no pass rush because we rushed 3 all game long. I'd like to see us utilize our pass rushing LBs more. I agree we could stand to upgrade Ellis, and if we could get Tyson Jackson I'll be thrilled, but part of the problem there is the usage and design of the defense.

agreed on the rushing 3. the designs are just horrible. but then when we have the few moments where we blitz 6 or 7, we still execute it to crap. i probably dont know football as well as some guys on here but I would imagine a good amount of the blame has to be the players, and part to scheme.

and not only ellis, but coleman too, he was pretty much invisible all season except for this sunday. bryan thomas is still a bust and always will be. we need to steal the Steelers LB coach, because they have some of the best LBs in football right now. maybe he can fix our whole LB group.

i was also trying to find what schools run strictly a 3-4 d but couldn't find out. do you know?

agreed on the rushing 3. the designs are just horrible. but then when we have the few moments where we blitz 6 or 7, we still execute it to crap. i probably dont know football as well as some guys on here but I would imagine a good amount of the blame has to be the players, and part to scheme.

and not only ellis, but coleman too, he was pretty much invisible all season except for this sunday. bryan thomas is still a bust and always will be. we need to steal the Steelers LB coach, because they have some of the best LBs in football right now. maybe he can fix our whole LB group.

i was also trying to find what schools run strictly a 3-4 d but couldn't find out. do you know?

Best true 3-4 Program is probably UVA - good ole Al Groh.

Everyone else runs more 3-3-5 or some variable style defenses.

I only know of Virginia and Ohio State runs a system that is close to the 3-4 - but not quite a 3-4.

Well we will need to get a RB too as Thomas Jones is getting a little old and expensive. We need Sperm to give us a cap breakdown. All in all I agree on all of those positions though.

I was thinking RB a few weeks ago but not anymore. I'd give Jones another season, especially with the line blocking the way they are. Worst comes to worst, give Leon the job because I'm still convinced he could handle being a starter.

Drafting WR's in the 1st is always very risky business. They normally take a while to develop and often don't develop at all. I really wanted us to take a shot on DeSean Jackson in the last draft but we got Keller instead. Not a bad pick by any means (At least nothing to say that yet) but I think Jackson had more upside.

Right now IMO QB is the priority and we need to someone to build around becuase I'm 100% convinced Favre will bail and to be honest I hope he does too. If we go with someone on the roster (Clemens, Ainge, Ratliff), although I'm not sold on them, I'd be willing to see what they could do. Right now though I'm still hoping we bring someone in via the draft and by someone I simply do mean Bradford, who may not even declare.

Not a fan of any of the QB's who may be available. McNabb who some have mentioned is not an elite QB anymore and to be honest I'm sick of retreads. I want someone we can build around as our franchise player and frankly I don't see many available.

The defensive options are much better IMO in both draft and free agency. Guys like Haynesworth and Asomougha are hitting the market this year (Albert cannot be franchised). I doubt we'll be aggressive in that area though after last season.

The draft offers some guys I like defensively including Maualuga, Jackson, Jenkins etc. All guys who would upgrade our team. All will likely be off the board though becuase we're looking at a low pick.

Overall I'm just not happy about where we're at entering the off-season. This was a team built to win now and I'm just confused as to where we should go from here.

Yeah and RB, we can wait on that. Some good RBs to be had in this draft later. Clemson kids, kid from Iowa probably will all be available in the 4th or 5th.

NT, if we cn somehow get Mt. Cody we would be set with a crazy NT rotation and keep both monsters fresh with a great rotation. If not there are a few good ones later as well. BJ Raji, Ron Brace, Antonio Dixon, Kid Taylor from Michigan should all be available later, well maybe not BJ..he could go early.

has anyone noticed everytime you see favre on the sidelines, 90% of the time Ratliff is right next to him talking. I swear I see Ratliff around him more than Clemens. I bet Ratliff is trying to soak up as much knowledge from Favre as he can.

I think Ratliff deserves just as much a shot as Clemens.

And whoever was making fun of Ratliff and what college he came out of, what about Tony Romo or Kurt Warner, or Jake Delhomme. I dont remember seeing any other quality qb's come out of Easter Illinois, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Northern Iowa.

Yeah hes asking him how he got into the halloffame by making terrible decisions and throwing into double coverage.Lets hope he doesnt soak up much from Favre.

Yeah I remember reading that too on Clemens scouting reports. Again I never realized how bad our WR's sucked until this season.

Our Wr's were fine when Coles was still viable. He broke down last season and it weakened the whole unit..

I was thinking RB a few weeks ago but not anymore. I'd give Jones another season, especially with the line blocking the way they are. Worst comes to worst, give Leon the job because I'm still convinced he could handle being a starter.

Drafting WR's in the 1st is always very risky business. They normally take a while to develop and often don't develop at all. I really wanted us to take a shot on DeSean Jackson in the last draft but we got Keller instead. Not a bad pick by any means (At least nothing to say that yet) but I think Jackson had more upside.

Right now IMO QB is the priority and we need to someone to build around becuase I'm 100% convinced Favre will bail and to be honest I hope he does too. If we go with someone on the roster (Clemens, Ainge, Ratliff), although I'm not sold on them, I'd be willing to see what they could do. Right now though I'm still hoping we bring someone in via the draft and by someone I simply do mean Bradford, who may not even declare.

Not a fan of any of the QB's who may be available. McNabb who some have mentioned is not an elite QB anymore and to be honest I'm sick of retreads. I want someone we can build around as our franchise player and frankly I don't see many available.

The defensive options are much better IMO in both draft and free agency. Guys like Haynesworth and Asomougha are hitting the market this year (Albert cannot be franchised). I doubt we'll be aggressive in that area though after last season.

The draft offers some guys I like defensively including Maualuga, Jackson, Jenkins etc. All guys who would upgrade our team. All will likely be off the board though becuase we're looking at a low pick.

Overall I'm just not happy about where we're at entering the off-season. This was a team built to win now and I'm just confused as to where we should go from here.

Great post. I've heard the Jets are going to have some cap problems this offseason even if Favre does retire. So to plan an offseason would be hard without knowing where we stand. Still though I can't see us having much $$ after What we spent last offseason unless we let go of or restructure guys like Thomas Jones, Bryan Thomas and Coles. Coles I know is guarenteed - but perhaps a trade to Miami or an extension could change his mind. Obbiously I would rather see him traded. Still though if I could have one free agent it would be Asomougha.

Great post. I've heard the Jets are going to have some cap problems this offseason even if Favre does retire. So to plan an offseason would be hard without knowing where we stand. Still though I can't see us having much $$ after What we spent last offseason unless we let go of or restructure guys like Thomas Jones, Bryan Thomas and Coles. Coles I know is guarenteed - but perhaps a trade to Miami or an extension could change his mind. Obbiously I would rather see him traded. Still though if I could have one free agent it would be Asomougha.

LOL at the thought of having Nnamdi and Revis. Operation Lockdown would be fun to watch.

Mangini! Thats right! Fire his sorry ass, then sign him as the qb so he can take the beating he deserves! 4 and 4 on your own 20 with 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning, gimmie a break. Maybe if you kicked the FG you damn fool and were only down 4. 4 and 2 on the goaline, NO! 4 and 4 on your own 20, Yes! Damn fool, hell I'll be happy to let him qb the final game, all it will take is one hit on that fat SOB and Woody won't have to fire him! 34 years as a JET fan, and this is the absolute worst. Sure there have been worse situations, but this wasn't due to the football Gods, this was due to total stupidity of the coaching staff. He has the nuts to say he kicked the field goal on the opening drive because he thought the game would come down to a field goal!!!!!! Sure you do moron, because thats how your offensive game plan is structured! Get a lead, play conservative. Get a 2 score lead, play clock and prevent. I said it last year and I'll say it again, Chad wasn't the problem! Only Mangini could turn Farve into a dink and dunk passer. Feely should have knocked his teeth in, I would feel better about the loss!:confused::box:

Archived