Red Sox Near Deals with Penny, Bard

CrazyCarl40

Whose Boston's starting catcher? Will it be that guy they had last year with the .220 batting average?

Could be. If he's willing to sign a one or two (a stretch) year deal for a much reduced rate. His game prep and handling of the young pitching staff is more important than his batting average last season and would continue to be that way. That being said, it wouldn't hurt if he hit over .250.

It would be fiscally irresponsible of Boston to sign these guys , considering how the economy in this country is right now. It's a shame that teams like the Royals can't compete with Boston in these signings.

I know you're being sarcastic buyt both of these deals are fairly low in terms of salary and anyone could have signed them. Especially since the Royals probably just got some free cash in the form of the Yankees Luxury Tax.

I know you're being sarcastic buyt both of these deals are fairly low in terms of salary and anyone could have signed them. Especially since the Royals probably just got some free cash in the form of the Yankees Luxury Tax.

Yeah, but the Royals like some of these teams that get a luxury tax check spend it on things that has nothing to do with baseball.

Yeah, but the Royals like some of these teams that get a luxury tax check spend it on things that has nothing to do with baseball.

WTF are they going to do with 10 million dollars? Nothing.

Dumb post NS.

Whose Boston's starting catcher? Will it be that guy they had last year with the .220 batting average?

Who knows? They traded for Bard three years ago and then traded him to San Diego for Mirabelli because no one could catch Wake.

WTF are they going to do with 10 million dollars? Nothing.

Dumb post NS.

Who knows? They traded for Bard three years ago and then traded him to San Diego for Mirabelli because no one could catch Wake.

Give it back then if it's that dumb...I see you're still upset about the Yanks signing the big three. Poor sux....:bwahaharoll:

Give it back then if it's that dumb...I see you're still upset about the Yanks signing the big three. Poor sux....:bwahaharoll:

No. It will give Yank fan one less thing to bitch...err justify their spending even though the argument is ridiculous.

No. It will give Yank fan one less thing to bitch...err justify their spending even though the argument is ridiculous.

I don't believe a team has to take the money. You're just a little biatch today probably because the Jets didn't let your Patsie team back into the playoffs...;)

Cheer up, baseball season is right around the corner.

I don't believe a team has to take the money. You're just a little biatch today probably because the Jets didn't let your Patsie team back into the playoffs...;)

Cheer up, baseball season is right around the corner.

No. Yankees fans like to throw the other teams under the bus when they do not spend the pittance they get. You do not hear me complaining when the Sox pay luxury tax. I am thankful my team can spend and I know how lucky I am.

Penny on the cheap is a great move by Boston. Low risk - high reward.

Yup. It will keep Masterson in the bullpen as well. Granted, he had gas can tendencies at time,. but as the season went along, he seemed to grow into the role.

Archived