Ryan-check. now we need pettine.

Jetkid94

I'm pretty sure he can just quit if he wants to, there may be a no compete clause in there like he can't quit and go work for the steelers or something, but I'm sure most teams if a coach came to them and said I want to quit are not going to force him to stay against his will. Also Mangini was able to poach the Pats staff a little when he came here so why not.

I'm pretty sure he can just quit if he wants to, there may be a no compete clause in there like he can't quit and go work for the steelers or something, but I'm sure most teams if a coach came to them and said I want to quit are not going to force him to stay against his will.

He could quit, but then he'd be out of a paycheck and unable to work for any other NFL team for the remaining length of his contract. Doesn't help him or the Jets.

I think a reasonable employer would let a coach who really wanted to leave go, or at least say, "don't let the door hit you on the ass... " But there's always the Al Davis type who says no, you're under contract and you're not going anywhere.

We'll see how this plays out.

He can come (if Baltimore grants him permission to talk to other teams about a promotion). If Ryan makes him DC, that would be a promotion from his current position.

Sometimes teams block others from interviewing their coaches, even if it's a promotion. But usually they allow it because it could give a coordinator or an assistant a reason to not go to that team in the first place. "They'll hire me as an assistant but won't let me interview for a coordinator job when I'm in demand."

Archived