Marlins New Ballpark Renderings

Morrissey

Domes are crap to begin with.

Domes done right are fine. Seattle, Houston are examples of roofs done right. Arizona... not so much. Metrodome sucks. Never been to Toronto. And didnt see a game in Milwaukee with the roof closed, but with the way that stadium was designed, I dont see any problems with it.

Its better to play covered baseball than get rained out.

Done deal, park approved.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-marlins-ballpark-vote-032309,0,4819812.story

Marllins stadium approved

By Sarah Talalay | South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Florida Marlins won the political equivalent of Game 7 Monday and should be able to begin construction of a new ballpark this summer.

Miami-Dade County commissioners voted 9-4 to finance a $515 million ballpark and $94 million in parking lots at the former site of the Orange Bowl in Little Havana.

Approval was just about assured when Commission Chairman Dennis Moss, a stadium supporter, told his colleagues only "friendly" changes that didn't substantially alter the deal would be accepted and commissioners voted 9-4 to go along with Moss' requirement. Commissioner Bruno Barreiro, who pushed for the ballpark deal, rejected several proposed changes.

Voting no on the stadium plan were Commissioners Carlos Gimenez, Katy Sorenson, Sally Heyman and Joe Martinez.

Awesome, don't give a damn for their design (Too bland with all the white), but it'll be nice not playing in that dump they call home anymore.

It's just a generic rendering, I'm sure it will have more details. I like the fact they didn't go with the overly used brick and exposed steel designs. Ever since Camden Yards was build, it's been the same thing over and over.

Domes done right are fine. Seattle, Houston are examples of roofs done right. Arizona... not so much. Metrodome sucks. Never been to Toronto. And didnt see a game in Milwaukee with the roof closed, but with the way that stadium was designed, I dont see any problems with it.

Its better to play covered baseball than get rained out.

Man, I understand WHY domes exist, it just isn't right to be watching baseball indoors. Baseball is out outside sport. Sunshine and fresh air and such. In most places that "need" a dome, they need it because it's unbearable to watch sports outside in the summer (Arizona). Rainouts aren't an issue for the D-Backs, heatstroke is.

Archived