Anyone hear what that obnoxious, arrogant prick Schilling said yesterday?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And when he gets in and if we're still on this board. I'm sure you'll man up and take your medicine. :)

No, it will mean that the writers got it wrong in Klecko's eyes. Most people argued with me when I tried to justify jim Rice getting into the HOF...

Well I disagree..

but when it comes to Mazeroski, he's isn't in the Hall of Fame because he's a complier, look at his numbers, they are not great, they aren't even good. He's in a Hall of Fame because he hit a game winning home run in the World Series vs. the Yankees.

Not just a game winning home run, a WS Series winning home run. Plus he was arguably the best defensive 2B of all time.

This thread is pretty funny too.

Klecko-"Oh it's all about wins, all about wins and Schilling doesn't have enough."

Hector-"Schilling has a better winning percentage though"

Klecko-*Ignores the argument* "Not enough wins, blah blah blah."

Hector-"What about Pedro?"

Klecko-"Pedro has a better winning percentage so he gets in."

lol

Not just a game winning home run, a WS Series winning home run. Plus he was arguably the best defensive 2B of all time.

Last time I checked Joe Carter or Bobby Thomason aren't in the HOF.

Maz's career OBP is .299!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy isn't much better than Rey Ordonez.

Last time I checked Joe Carter or Bobby Thomason aren't in the HOF.

Maz's career OBP is .299!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy isn't much better than Rey Ordonez.

Yeah, he isn't in for his hitting numbers, I think that's been established.

Yeah, he isn't in for his hitting numbers, I think that's been established.

You should at least be a decent hitter to get in the hall of fame, that's my opinion. If we go by defense only, then Jose Molina is on the fast track to the Hall of Fame, and Rey Ordonez is a shoe in.

By the way, I'm not saying this only because I'm a Yankee fan, I don't think Phil Rizzuto should be in the HOF, but even he's head and shoulders better than Bill Mazeroski.

(Though the Scooter probably got in for his playing days and his work in the booth)

You should at least be a decent hitter to get in the hall of fame, that's my opinion. If we go by defense only, then Jose Molina is on the fast track to the Hall of Fame, and Rey Ordonez is a shoe in.

Those two don't compare defensively and neither have hit a game 7 walk off home run in the world series.

This thread is pretty funny too.

Klecko-"Oh it's all about wins, all about wins and Schilling doesn't have enough."

Hector-"Schilling has a better winning percentage though"

Klecko-*Ignores the argument* "Not enough wins, blah blah blah."

Hector-"What about Pedro?"

Klecko-"Pedro has a better winning percentage so he gets in."

lol

Pedro also has three Cy Youngs, a lower ERA, more All-Star appearances.

BTW, Pedro's win percentage is the third highest in the history of baseball, Schilling's isn't even top 100.

Pedro belongs in the Hall of Fame. Putting Schilling in would be an insult to Pedro.

Putting Schilling in would be an insult to Pedro.

Huh? Schilling was the #1 starter in the 2004 playoffs and cemented Pedro as a World Series winner after Pedro choked in 2003.

You are losing this debate badly. Your hatred for Schilling is beyond ridiculous.

Huh? Schilling was the #1 starter in the 2004 playoffs and cemented Pedro as a World Series winner after Pedro choked in 2003.

You are losing this debate badly. Your hatred for Schilling is beyond ridiculous.

Great comeback.

216 wins. Not Hall of Fame worthy.

Josh Beckett was the Sox #1 pitcher in the 2007 WS, if his career ended tomorrow, would he be a Hall of Famer?

Lots of guys led their teams to one championship who do not belong in the Hall of Fame.

You have lost the argument.

Great comeback.

216 wins. Not Hall of Fame worthy.

Josh Beckett was the Sox #1 pitcher in the 2007 WS, if his career ended tomorrow, would he be a Hall of Famer?

Lots of guys led their teams to one championship who do not belong in the Hall of Fame.

You have lost the argument.

I guess reading comprehension isn't a strength of yours. I talked about the 2004 World Series when you brought up Pedro.

Way to change the subject talking about 2007. :rolleyes:

As much as Tyler Durden is a Yankee homer his posts about Red Sox players are made in jest and he gives credit when it is deserved. You? Not so much.

I guess reading comprehension isn't a strength of yours. I talked about the 2004 World Series when you brought up Pedro.

As much as Tyler Durden is a Yankee homer his posts about Red Sox players are made in jest and he gives credit when it is deserved. You? Not so much.

What are you talking about? I put Pedro Martinez in the Hall of Fame. Jim Rice is one of my favorite players of all time.

As far as reading comprehension is concerned, I'd suggest you go back and read the whole thread. One good postseason doesn't make anyone a Hall of Famer.

Schilling just doesn't have the numbers. Not only that, the writers hate the sanctimonius prick. They are never going to vote him in.

Oh, and I hate the Braves too, but John Smoltz is a lock for the Hall of Fame. Just as many wins as Schilling PLUS 150+ saves.

In fairness to Kleck, he's saying that leading a team through one World Series doesn't warrant HOF status, as seen by his example of Beckett. I think that's a rather on-topic example for the point he is trying to make.

Also, if much of this arguing is over who is better between Pedro and Schilling, either way Kleck turns he's still going to be giving someone credit. This doesn't seem to have much to do with it being Red Sox players, but rather which Red Sox player is better.

For clarity's sake, I haven't read the thread so I can't hold a definitive stance right here. So you can now resume the arguing.

In fairness to Kleck, he's saying that leading a team through one World Series doesn't warrant HOF status, as seen by his example of Beckett. I think that's a rather on-topic example for the point he is trying to make.

Also, if much of this arguing is over who is better between Pedro and Schilling, either way Kleck turns he's still going to be giving someone credit. This doesn't seem to have much to do with it being Red Sox players, but rather which Red Sox player is better.

For clarity's sake, I haven't read the thread so I can't hold a definitive stance right here. So you can now resume the arguing.

You're dead on.

I suggest you read the entire thread. Klecko's hatred for Schilling is beyond ridiculous as he changes the subject when faced with facts. Johny Hector destroyed him in this thread.

I suggest you read the entire thread. Klecko's hatred for Schilling is beyond ridiculous as he changes the subject when faced with facts. Johny Hector destroyed him in this thread.

Wow, a Red Sox homer thinks I lost an argument over whether Schilling belongs in the Hall of Fame. :rolleyes:

How am I going to sleep tonight?

Wow, a Red Sox homer thinks I lost an argument over whether Schilling belongs in the Hall of Fame. :rolleyes:

How am I going to sleep tonight?

I don't give a flying F how you sleep tonight.

This thread wasn't about the HOF, it was about you hating on Schilling.

I don't give a flying F how you sleep tonight.

This thread wasn't about the HOF, it was about you hating on Schilling.

I have never denied I hate Curt Schilling.

There are plenty of players I hate that are in the Hall of Fame and are more than worthy of inclusion, Johnny Bench comes to mind.

Oh and I have a personal beef with Bench, he was rude to me personally. But that doesn't mean I don't think he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Johnny Hector brought up our argument about Schilling's Hall of Fame worthiness on another message board and it was reborn from there.

So, when it comes to reading comprehension, maybe you need to look in the mirror before you hurl unprovoked personal attacks at people.

I have never denied I hate Curt Schilling.

There are plenty of players I hate that are in the Hall of Fame and are more than worthy of inclusion, Johnny Bench comes to mind.

Oh and I have a personal beef with Bench, he was rude to me personally. But that doesn't mean I don't think he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Johnny Hector brought up our argument about Schilling's Hall of Fame worthiness on another message board and it was reborn from there.

So, when it comes to reading comprehension, maybe you need to look in the mirror before you hurl unprovoked personal attacks at people.

Personal attacks? What are you going on about? Why don't you go back to JI, cause thats where you came from right? You act like you own this place.

Personal attacks? What are you going on about? Why don't you go back to JI, cause thats where you came from right? You act like you own this place.

Is this your admission that reading comprehension is not your strong suit?

Because this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Is this your big finish? Your way to get in the last word?

If so, you failed miserably.

I don't act like I own this place but I clearly own you.

Is this your admission that reading comprehension is not your strong suit?

Because this has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Is this your big finish? Your way to get in the last word?

If so, you failed miserably.

I don't act like I own this place but I clearly own you.

Changing the subject again I see. You obviously have a very high opinion of yourself.

You own me? That is laughable on so many levels.

Changing the subject again I see. You obviously have a very high opinion of yourself.

You own me? That is laughable on so many levels.

How am I the one changing the subject?

You're joking, right?

You haven't responded directly to one of my posts in this thread. You keep missing the point and making tangential responses.

I have directly addressed everything you've said, despite the fact that you keep getting sidetracked.

I'm guessing you failed debate class.

How am I the one changing the subject?

You're joking, right?

You haven't responded directly to one of my posts in this thread. You keep missing the point and making tangential responses.

I have directly addressed everything you've said, despite the fact that you keep getting sidetracked.

I'm guessing you failed debate class.

If you look back at the entire thread you will see that nobody agrees with you.

Keep living in your "I'm right everyone else is wrong" world. You are the new madmike. Congrats.

If you look back at the entire thread you will see that nobody agrees with you.

Keep living in your "I'm right everyone else is wrong" world. You are the new madmike. Congrats.

So I'm supposed to feel bad because people disagree with me?

Again, you failed to address the topic at hand, but hey, go nuts and attack me yet again when you have no legitimate response to directly rebut my point. But allow me to address yet another tangential point you've made to distract from the fact that you can't win the argument.

I got news for you, I don't feel one bit bad about the few people who've posted in this thread disagreeing with me. I don't need their validation. All the people I've actually talked to today while this debate has been going on, including a 63-year-old, diehard Red Sox fan, agree with me that Schilling is NOT a Hall of Famer.

So I'm supposed to feel bad because people disagree with me?

Again, you failed to address the topic at hand, but hey, go nuts and attack me yet again when you have no legitimate response to directly rebut my point. But allow me to address yet another tangential point you've made to distract from the fact that you can't win the argument.

I got news for you, I don't feel one bit bad about the few people who've posted in this thread disagreeing with me. I don't need their validation. All the people I've actually talked to today while this debate has been going on, including a 63-year-old, diehard Red Sox fan, agree with me that Schilling is NOT a Hall of Famer.

You talked to a 63 year old Red Sox fan? You are beyond awesome!

The only people who agree with you don't post on this board. That's kind of convenient :rolleyes:

Where did I say you should feel bad? All I said was that no one in this thread agrees with you.

The only people who agree with you don't post on this board. That's kind of convenient :rolleyes:

Where did I say you should feel bad? All I said was that no one in this thread agrees with you.

You said I was the new Madmike. Sorry if I confused that comparison with a suggestion that I should somehow be ashamed of myself. ;)

Oh and the 63-year-old Red Sox fan is a great guy, aside from his horrific taste in sports teams. Although that is somewhat forgivable as he is originally from Springfield, Mass.

Oh and the 63-year-old Red Sox fan is a great guy, aside from his horrific taste in sports teams. Although that is somewhat forgivable as he is originally from Springfield, Mass.

Springfield? That part of the state is practically in Connecticut/New York and is the crime capital of Massachusetts.

He is 63 years old, what it that bad 100 years ago?

Springfield is home to the Basketball Hall of Fame so it has that going for it.

Truce? I'm not in the mood to argue anymore about Schilling and your hatred for him :P

Archived