New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

I feel that the ROBOCOP suggestion was crap, but SMC also said a lot of ridiculous things the last game. So I wouldn't base a case against him on that alone, but something I mentioned before was that his attitude towards voting has been completely different. Last game, he was vocal to the point of hysteria and hopping from train to train like a madman, and this game he's been noticeably reserved.

I would like to hear more from him before casting a vote, though. As I'm also leaning towards Slats based on the creepster JVoR stuff.

I think that he probably was really anxious to get to night so he could make a kill last game and thats why he voted the way he did.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That might not be possible because I think there's a good chance that AVM is the vig/ serial killer.

The only way the SMC robocop comment could be suspicious in my eyes is if he's the SK/vig. Otherwise, what's he selling? So either he has that role, or he has an overactive imagination. I don't know how many games he's played, but this is only my second and the role he described seemed far-fetched to me right off the bat.

I'm getting tired of this. I'm starting to see why Vic reacted the way he did.

In the last game, this is how the godfather EY hoped to use viglante SMC. Lynch an innocent player during the day, have the vig take out another, plus have his own NK. This is really starting to read like the same script to me.

That's right. Those earlier in the train are guilty, the guy who dropped the hammer is innocent. You see it all the time. Don't for get EY's sarcastic TRUST ME post regarding JB. He didn't vote for her, but sure made his feelings clear.

He does have one line of thinking. Somehow we rushed on JB, today CTM's imploring us to vote, vote, vote! And it's clear who he wants us to vote for.

ha! your hackles are raised good..

As to the bold, and who would that be? Who am I trying to get people to vote for?

Considering I wouldn't implore people to vote for me, I'm narrowing it down on 4 people out of 12 eligible. So yeah, I'm focusing in on fully 1/3 of the field who I think are the most suspicious. I'm not sold on any of you, but I believe you to be the most suspicious and will be shocked if I'm 0-4..

I feel that the ROBOCOP suggestion was crap, but SMC also said a lot of ridiculous things the last game. So I wouldn't base a case against him on that alone, but something I mentioned before was that his attitude towards voting has been completely different. Last game, he was vocal to the point of hysteria and hopping from train to train like a madman, and this game he's been noticeably reserved.

I would like to hear more from him before casting a vote, though. As I'm also leaning towards Slats based on the creepster JVoR stuff.

Thanks, I guess.

The "Robocop" thing is EY's satirical invention. I was merely suggesting that there may be other roles beside vigilante which would fit into the scene that Bleedin described. Was that now supposed to be "flavor" as CTM said? Mind you, even the player names last game had meaning. It was merely a suggestion to look outside the box and not put blinders on as to by-the-book roles.

If that's a reason to vote for me, so be it.

As to the difference in playing the game, you have a short memory Dan. I had a specific role last game (vigilante) who I had explicitely mentioned was trigger happy (or so I thought). Hence, the bandwaggonning. Not to even come close to role revealing, but it's safe to say that I'm not a trigger happy vigilante in this game.

The only way the SMC robocop comment could be suspicious in my eyes is if he's the SK/vig. Otherwise, what's he selling? So either he has that role, or he has an overactive imagination. I don't know how many games he's played, but this is only my second and the role he described seemed far-fetched to me right off the bat.

FYI, in CTM's "Not All in the Family Game," there were roles and powers we had not seen before.

Thanks, I guess.

The "Robocop" thing is EY's satirical invention. I was merely suggesting that there may be other roles beside vigilante which would fit into the scene that Bleedin described. Was that now supposed to be "flavor" as CTM said? Mind you, even the player names last game had meaning. It was merely a suggestion to look outside the box and not put blinders on as to by-the-book roles.

If that's a reason to vote for me, so be it.

As to the difference in playing the game, you have a short memory Dan. I had a specific role last game (vigilante) who I had explicitely mentioned was trigger happy (or so I thought). Hence, the bandwaggonning. Not to even come close to role revealing, but it's safe to say that I'm not a trigger happy vigilante in this game.

You said you were willing to bet money it's a cop. (a ROBOCOP, perhaps?)

That's a bit more than a 'mere suggestion'.

Going to bed for real now.

Search and Destroy, ROBOCOP.

I'm innocent Dan. I get the feeling you are, too. We agreed on JB. Too bad she turned up innocent, too - but that's the vote that CTM's using to cast doubt on the two of us. I'm avoiding any fires he wants to start right now.

ha! your hackles are raised good..

As to the bold, and who would that be? Who am I trying to get people to vote for?

Considering I wouldn't implore people to vote for me, I'm narrowing it down on 4 people out of 12 eligible. So yeah, I'm focusing in on fully 1/3 of the field who I think are the most suspicious. I'm not sold on any of you, but I believe you to be the most suspicious and will be shocked if I'm 0-4..

Me, Dan, and AVM, are your favorite targets. You're open to SMC now.

You shouldn't want me to go first, I'll tell you that much. I'm gonna go down kicking and screaming that you're the one who's scum, and I'll turn up innocent as soon as I'm lynched. It will not look good for you. And I'm really thinking that it shouldn't, anyway.

I'm innocent Dan. I get the feeling you are, too. We agreed on JB. Too bad she turned up innocent, too - but that's the vote that CTM's using to cast doubt on the two of us. I'm avoiding any fires he wants to start right now.

You shouldn't want me to go first, I'll tell you that much. I'm gonna go down kicking and screaming that you're the one who's scum, and I'll turn up innocent as soon as I'm lynched. It will not look good for you. And I'm really thinking that it shouldn't, anyway.

Whats your read on me?

FYI, in CTM's "Not All in the Family Game," there were roles and powers we had not seen before.

They all had limitations, though. Those watcher/tracker roles were cool, but limited. The role you described would be extremely powerful, and seems incredibly unlikely. I didn't take anything from it other than your imagination. The fact that you're still defending the concept is making me take notice, however.

Whats your read on me?

Honestly? I have to go back and read. There's a lot of smoke being thrown around largely by CTM right now.

In the meantime - Woody, Dan... what makes you say AVM might be the SK/vig?

I'm gonna go back and look now, myself.

Dude check my first post of the day (game time). It was about SMC..

re: the rest, I don't care. If i think you are scum and I'm wrong, I'm not going to worry about how that makes me look.

And I'm not using JB to drive anything, I was suspicious of both of you two before she flipped innocent. Heck, part of the reason I thought she was innocent was because of the way you guys were prodding her case, I was right about that, so why should I back off now..

Whats your read on me?

I'm not seeing anything that makes me overly suspicious. The fact that Pac is looking to point a finger at you, and CTM is on board with you as the possible SK/vig would probably have me lean towards you being innocent, too. After CTM, Pac's the guy who I get the scummiest feeling about. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if their highly visible lover's quarrel to begin the game is by some sort of design.

Honestly? I have to go back and read. There's a lot of smoke being thrown around largely by CTM right now.

In the meantime - Woody, Dan... what makes you say AVM might be the SK/vig?

I'm gonna go back and look now, myself.

If AVM is the person, I'd say he's a serial killer, not a vigilante. My reasoning is that he has the liberty of not needing to read things carefully. Come on, voting for Crusher, along with totally missing what EY was saying in the ROBOCOP conversation? I think the only person who could be so cavalier about things like that would be someone who:

a) doesn't really care who's in the game or how people are playing (because he just needs to kill everyone)

and B) didn't need to understand the SMC/ROBOCOP discussion because he already knows what the role is and who has it (himself)

Not to mention, JVoR was the main person pushing AVM on Day 1.

And I'm not using JB to drive anything, I was suspicious of both of you two before she flipped innocent. Heck, part of the reason I thought she was innocent was because of the way you guys were prodding her case, I was right about that, so why should I back off now..

You thought she was innocent, but you voted her off. You're trying to use the vote on her to point to a group of players possibly being scum by falling into the 2-4 slots on that vote - but you're not trying to use that or anything.

You should back off because you've got nothing. Or not back off because you're scum. You were pretty laid back in the first day phase, but seem to be gangbusters for a vote this time around. I'm a little suspicious of SMC, too, but I don't see the case on Dan. Not much on AVM, either. I won't vote in either of those directions, but it'll sure be interesting to me to see how it'll turn out if you get a lynch you're looking for. I know how it'll turn out if you lynch me.

If AVM is the person, I'd say he's a serial killer, not a vigilante. My reasoning is that he has the liberty of not needing to read things carefully. Come on, voting for Crusher, along with totally missing what EY was saying in the ROBOCOP conversation? I think the only person who could be so cavalier about things like that would be someone who:

a) doesn't really care who's in the game or how people are playing (because he just needs to kill everyone)

and B) didn't need to understand the SMC/ROBOCOP discussion because he already knows what the role is and who has it (himself)

Thats basically what I'm basing my suspicion on. I could be wrong but its as good of a guess as any other at this point.

Okay. I have to admit, there's something compelling about that. Just when I got done saying I wouldn't vote AVM, too...

What say you, AVM?

For the reasons above, I've been feeling okay about asking for AVM to be killed during the night phase, since I expect he won't get benched.

My conflict with this plan is that if he's not a serial killer, and we don't have a vigilante, the actual serial killer could get someone else, and we'll end up lynching AVM the next day phase on our own.

Or, if AVM is actually a vigilante (in which case it's to his advantage to pay attention to what's being said), then he won't be able to kill himself, and we'll lynch the vigilante?

I'm not seeing anything that makes me overly suspicious. The fact that Pac is looking to point a finger at you, and CTM is on board with you as the possible SK/vig would probably have me lean towards you being innocent, too. After CTM, Pac's the guy who I get the scummiest feeling about. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if their highly visible lover's quarrel to begin the game is by some sort of design.

I doubt it. They pretty much hate each other.

Okay. I have to admit, there's something compelling about that. Just when I got done saying I wouldn't vote AVM, too...

What say you, AVM?

Like I said earlier, his past play says he does it as a distancing tactic, and I can't sit here and give you guys something to show you he's doing otherwise than to say just because he's done it before doesn't mean he'd do it this game. I understand that doesn't mean much, but it's all I've got

For the reasons above, I've been feeling okay about asking for AVM to be killed during the night phase, since I expect he won't get benched.

My conflict with this plan is that if he's not a serial killer, and we don't have a vigilante, the actual serial killer could get someone else, and we'll end up lynching AVM the next day phase on our own.

Or, if AVM is actually a vigilante (in which case it's to his advantage to pay attention to what's being said), then he won't be able to kill himself, and we'll lynch the vigilante?

If I'm a roleless townie, the options are thus:

1--You lynch me now, and a vigilante will look else where (probably one of you, slats, CTM, and Pac).

2--You lynch me now, no vigilante, but theres a serial killer. Has no impact if you lynch me now or not, you get no info.

3--You lynch someone else, theres a vigilante, he'll most likely kill me tonight.

4--You lynch someone else, theres a SK, he'll kill someone else and let you come after me, since I'd appear as the SK or vigilante, having killed most likely another innocent.

You thought she was innocent, but you voted her off. You're trying to use the vote on her to point to a group of players possibly being scum by falling into the 2-4 slots on that vote - but you're not trying to use that or anything.

So? I've played enough of these games to know I needn't worry about voting off roleless townies and at that point nobody was budging of Jets babe. The benefit for moving the game forward and vetting my concerns about you guys outweighed the loss of a roleless townie that would be easier fodder for scum later on.

My whole theory was based off anxious scum bum rushing the easy day 1 lynch and low and behold there was scum sitting in the sweet spot on the train..

(I've long espoused the theory that scum tend to vote around the 1/3 markers on an innocent train as those votes pack a punch in progressing the train)

You should back off because you've got nothing. Or not back off because you're scum. You were pretty laid back in the first day phase, but seem to be gangbusters for a vote this time around. I'm a little suspicious of SMC, too, but I don't see the case on Dan. Not much on AVM, either. I won't vote in either of those directions, but it'll sure be interesting to me to see how it'll turn out if you get a lynch you're looking for. I know how it'll turn out if you lynch me.

Will you stop with this crapola..

here's the deal, which I'm sure you know, even if I'm wrong about all 4 of you, it still doesn't make me scum. It's only day 2.

Like I said earlier, his past play says he does it as a distancing tactic, and I can't sit here and give you guys something to show you he's doing otherwise than to say just because he's done it before doesn't mean he'd do it this game. I understand that doesn't mean much, but it's all I've got

The accusation is that JVoR came after you, then you as the SK killed him overnight. It really doesn't matter what his motivation was. He's gone.

The other accusation is that you don't seem to need to pay attention to what's going on during the day bacause you just want to get to the night phase to kill again.

I also thought I agreed on JB ... and you ... with JVoR.

It's honestly pretty frustrating that CTM keeps linking me with you because it makes it really difficult for me to get a read on you. It would be easier if I thought CTM's rationale actually made sense, because then it would be obvious - if it's one of us, I know I'm innocent, so you must be scum. Unfortunately, I see the holes in his argument, so I can't tell if you're scum, deliberately trying to say similar things as me, or if you're innocent and having the same reaction as me because we're both in the same boat.

CTM is making it impossible for me to figure you out, so if you are scum, you should thank him. ;)

What say you, AVM?

As for not reading -- like I said, I'm more lax this game, I've played around and goofed off. I haven't helped myself out by being so aloof, so I see what you guys are saying. As for Crusher, I just looked at the post count, saw 5, and brought him up, forgetting that BG had posted he bowed out.

Concerning EY, I read one post in particular and went straight to reply. He was sarcastically referring to the whole robocop escapade, that he should reveal--and I took it as saying the real cop should. So I jumped in and said no, lol.

The accusation is that JVoR came after you, then you as the SK killed him overnight. It really doesn't matter what his motivation was. He's gone.

The other accusation is that you don't seem to need to pay attention to what's going on during the day bacause you just want to get to the night phase to kill again.

And if I was an SK, why would I kill someone who I seemingly convinced I was innocent, at least for the time being at that point? (He changed his vote and said something along the lines of enough to change my vote for now, or that's convincing enough right now)

So? I've played enough of these games to know I needn't worry about voting off roleless townies and at that point nobody was budging of Jets babe. The benefit for moving the game forward and vetting my concerns about you guys outweighed the loss of a roleless townie that would be easier fodder for scum later on.

Wow. So not only did you suspect she was innocent, but you knew she was a roleless townie? Interesting. Also interesting that you were just progressing the game with JB being no great loss, but that the people who voted for her earlier had some sort of scummy plot in mind.

No one was acting scummier than JB on day one. The fact that that's the way she always acts should not be a valid deflection. She acted that way in the last game and she was scum. Sucks that she was innocent this time around, but she was going to be a distraction for as long as she lasted.

My whole theory was based off anxious scum bum rushing the easy day 1 lynch and low and behold there was scum sitting in the sweet spot on the train..

(I've long espoused the theory that scum tend to vote around the 1/3 markers on an innocent train as those votes pack a punch in progressing the train)

Will you stop with this crapola..

here's the deal, which I'm sure you know, even if I'm wrong about all 4 of you, it still doesn't make me scum. It's only day 2.

That's an interesting theory, but I can't say it applies well to me here in my second game. I wasn't looking to move a train with my vote there. When I placed it, I specifically did so to get her to start contributing. Once she started contributing, her bahavior got scummier. So then I started to get more aggressive about it.

Being wrong about a townie on day one is incriminating on one hand, but on the other it's not incriminating to be wrong about one on day two? Little inconsistent, no?

Wow. So not only did you suspect she was innocent, but you knew she was a roleless townie? Interesting. Also interesting that you were just progressing the game with JB being no great loss, but that the people who voted for her earlier had some sort of scummy plot in mind.

No one was acting scummier than JB on day one. The fact that that's the way she always acts should not be a valid deflection. She acted that way in the last game and she was scum. Sucks that she was innocent this time around, but she was going to be a distraction for as long as she lasted.

That's an interesting theory, but I can't say it applies well to me here in my second game. I wasn't looking to move a train with my vote there. When I placed it, I specifically did so to get her to start contributing. Once she started contributing, her bahavior got scummier. So then I started to get more aggressive about it.

Being wrong about a townie on day one is incriminating on one hand, but on the other it's not incriminating to be wrong about one on day two? Little inconsistent, no?

Too add, if CTM's long exposed the theory that they vote at the 1/3rd mark wouldn't he then be more inclined to NOT vote anywhere in the middle, as he'd naturally feel like he'd draw attention to himself. As in he'd vote late (JB) and early (myself). Also deflecting by saying he wanted to move the game along with JB, and encouraging voting to get one of his "big 3" out quickly.

Archived