New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

I don't know why you'd think that.

I was voting slats day 1 and AVM today, neither train has picked up any momentum. Doggin's been absent most of the game and EY was voting Pac and Dan, also no momentum. The Jets babe train was basically lead/pushed by you, slats, dan x and JVOR..

I'm not calling you out brother.

We're looking a lot into day 1 lynch. There is too little information extracted from this and while perhaps one of your name 4 I can tell that I know that I am not scum and am quite sure the slats is not scum either.

Doggin's rationale is reasonable yet horridly flawed. At this point most people feel that I'm going to be NK'd regardless and I feel that due to that it'd be most prudent for me to just put it out there what I am and we can move on from here.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're looking a lot into day 1 lynch. There is too little information extracted from this and while perhaps one of your name 4 I can tell that I know that I am not scum and am quite sure the slats is not scum either.

Doggin's rationale is reasonable yet horridly flawed. At this point most people feel that I'm going to be NK'd regardless and I feel that due to that it'd be most prudent for me to just put it out there what I am and we can move on from here.

well i've put most of this together for myself, but I'm having a hard time believing it is all..

Damn I hate that smiley..

WHy don't you go trip over something ;)

btw.. hope all is well..

Thanks for your well wishes. I think. :bp1:

I don't see the point in role revealing unless you're on the brink of being lynched. Almost as pointless as voting for yourself.

Thanks for your well wishes. I think. :bp1:

I don't see the point in role revealing unless you're on the brink of being lynched. Almost as pointless as voting for yourself.

Right, but at the same time we could work the lynch all the way up to to one last vote, I make my last post and then a scum rushes in and seals it. Loss for the town.

At the same time I see a benefit in doing this because whoever pushes this train the hardest can be looked back at and if votes are removed quickly enough we can hopefully capture scum that way.

Gahhh, really don't want to be tricked into unvoting Slats. I will wait for Doggin and others to weigh in ...

Gahhh, really don't want to be tricked into unvoting Slats. I will wait for Doggin and others to weigh in ...

Even if vic is telling the truth, we have to remember that slats was interested earlier in using the potential vig/sk as a rational as to why there'd be no godfather in this game. My point is that, slats, if guilty, was very likely a god father based on the below post:

What do we think about the game set-up? Was this extra NK a townie/vigilante, or a serial killer? How would that impact the way the scum team was set up? Would such a role make it less likely that there's a godfather in this game? I'd think it would, right? An extra player with NK capabilities would be a big advantage for the scum (townie or not) without the luxury of a godfather. The addition of a godfather would really tilt the scales towards them.

The reason I bring it up is because I welcome an investigation, if it hasn't happened already. I'm thinking our cop can trust his results. If there are any trackers in this game, they know I didn't go anywhere last night.

Dunno... JVOR was a textbook player and easier to read. Slats for me it's neutral, his posture was threatening which is suspicious, but if he's innocent, the logic he used to get there is tried and true..

I'm very tired of playing defense.

You and JiF were interested in me early, because I wasn't trying "to figure things out," or examining the game structure. Not sure what I was supposed to be figuring out that early.

Once we got a little info, three dead - no power roles, I started doing exactly that, and then I'm pushing the other way because I suggested that I don't think there's a godfather in this game based on the extra killer and lack of power roles showing so far.

Seems like you want it both ways on me. You got it in your craw, and you'll apply any new info to make it fit - even if it's contradictory.

My awareness of you is heightened because I'm on your list, but I'm suspicious of any strong/experienced player who seems to be trying to lead the charge. Yours is a multi-pronged one, and you want to be clear on the fact that you could be wrong on all of them, and still not be scum - but when I was saying similar things about JB (I'm not 100% sure she's scum, but she's definitely acting the scummiest) that's somehow used as evidence against me. I really don't like that inconsistency.

Even if vic is telling the truth, we have to remember that slats was interested earlier in using the potential vig/sk as a rational as to why there'd be no godfather in this game. My point is that, slats, if guilty, was very likely a god father based on the below post:

Right, godfathers flip innocent. That makes sense...

I may be new, but I'm not stupid. I'm not making a post like that if I am the godfather.

I was trying to get everyone's ideas on what roles we might have in this game, and -yeah- definitely trying to clear myself at the same time. I still think it's unlikely that there's a godfather in this game with the revelation of another NK'er. Whether it's me who's not the gf, or somebody else... :rolleyes:

I'm very tired of playing defense.

You and JiF were interested in me early, because I wasn't trying "to figure things out," or examining the game structure. Not sure what I was supposed to be figuring out that early.

Once we got a little info, three dead - no power roles, I started doing exactly that, and then I'm pushing the other way because I suggested that I don't think there's a godfather in this game based on the extra killer and lack of power roles showing so far.

Seems like you want it both ways on me. You got it in your craw, and you'll apply any new info to make it fit - even if it's contradictory.

My awareness of you is heightened because I'm on your list, but I'm suspicious of any strong/experienced player who seems to be trying to lead the charge. Yours is a multi-pronged one, and you want to be clear on the fact that you could be wrong on all of them, and still not be scum - but when I was saying similar things about JB (I'm not 100% sure she's scum, but she's definitely acting the scummiest) that's somehow used as evidence against me. I really don't like that inconsistency.

re:the bolded. I'm just stating the facts, if I'm guessing wrong, I doesn't inherently mean I'm guilty...

And again, we now know Jets babe was innocent, we also know that JVOR (confirmed scum) was taking the same approach to moving her vote along as you. What I'm doing in no way compares at this point.

Further, I'm also not pushing for 1 person and 1 person only. In my mind, if you are pushing a single person, you should feel pretty good about their prospects for flipping guilty, so why come all the mealy-mouthed talk?

I may be new, but I'm not stupid. I'm not making a post like that if I am the godfather.

I was trying to get everyone's ideas on what roles we might have in this game, and -yeah- definitely trying to clear myself at the same time. I still think it's unlikely that there's a godfather in this game with the revelation of another NK'er. Whether it's me who's not the gf, or somebody else... :rolleyes:

Which was my exact reaction it, correct?

to build on the above, my take now is that if you are scum, you are the godfather, based on that post. If you were scum who wasn't godfather, it makes no sense to make that post. If you are innocent, the post is probbing setup and also ok.

Which was my exact reaction it, correct?

Huh?

You seem to be using it now to suggest that I might have a godfather role, aren't you?

I'm not sure how I'd play this game as a godfather, but you can be pretty certain that if I was given such a role I wouldn't be mentioning it at all. And if I was such a foolish newbie as to want to, I'd guess that my more clever scum teammates would shout me down. It's just to stupid.

to build on the above, my take now is that if you are scum, you are the godfather, based on that post. If you were scum who wasn't godfather, it makes no sense to make that post. If you are innocent, the post is probbing setup and also ok.

Is it possible he could be saying something like that to protect someone else (the actual godfather)? Everyone on the scum team knows if one of them is the godfather, correct?

Is it possible he could be saying something like that to protect someone else (the actual godfather)? Everyone on the scum team knows if one of them is the godfather, correct?

No. I wouldn't invite the investigation myself because I would turn up scum! Once that occured, everyone would be alerted to the fact that there probably was a godfather. The only way it makes sense is if I'm an idiot godfather - or I'm inocent. Those are your choices.

Huh?

You seem to be using it now to suggest that I might have a godfather role, aren't you?

I'm not sure how I'd play this game as a godfather, but you can be pretty certain that if I was given such a role I wouldn't be mentioning it at all. And if I was such a foolish newbie as to want to, I'd guess that my more clever scum teammates would shout me down. It's just to stupid.

the first reaction I had to that post is that you are too smart to do something so obvious.. Check the thread..

Now we are in a WIFOM ...

No. I wouldn't invite the investigation myself because I would turn up scum! Once that occured, everyone would be alerted to the fact that there probably was a godfather. The only way it makes sense is if I'm an idiot godfather - or I'm inocent. Those are your choices.

Godfathers flip innocent.

the first reaction I had to that post is that you are too smart to do something so obvious.. Check the thread..

Now we are in a WIFOM ...

I'll take your word for it.

It's looking right now like we can assume I've been investigated, and that I've come up innocent. Draw your conclusions from there.

Godfathers flip innocent.

Vic, I know what happens with godfathers, that's why I posted earlier about the role and my feeling that there probably wasn't one in this game.

Again, I wouldn't mention the godfather role if I had the godfather role. If you guys think I'm that dumb, lynch me now. I'm no use to you anyway. At least you'll learn that you can probably trust your next investigation.

why should have to protect me? Just let me die and the game can move forward as I know the next day phase people will continue to try and push for my lynch.

I think you should get protection, too. I also think looking into CTM might be a good idea. You may as well come completely out of the closet and give us your results everyday. You'll have protection as long long as the doc lives/isn't revealed himself.

I think you should get protection, too. I also think looking into CTM might be a good idea. You may as well come completely out of the closet and give us your results everyday. You'll have protection as long long as the doc lives/isn't revealed himself.

Eh, what makes you think I'm the finder of anything.

Why do you think he'd most likely target you tonight?

The fact that I'm at the top of the not-lynch-now list for a LOT of players. It makes me at the very top of the SK/Vig list and the cop investigator list. I think I've counted 3 that have said quote "I have no problem begging the Vig to kill AVM at night." He may go along with more experieced players (I know I did that a lot last game).

I don't know why you'd think that.

I was voting slats day 1 and AVM today, neither train has picked up any momentum. Doggin's been absent most of the game and EY was voting Pac and Dan, also no momentum. The Jets babe train was basically lead/pushed by you, slats, dan x and JVOR..

This is a very good point, and worth bringing back up. Trains of 1 and 2 (from what I've seen) usually decipate after a while. The fact that no one has jumped on board, and that you haven't changed to someone else really sticks out, IMO.

This is assuming he's going to claim as finder? If we don't push him into claiming a role, and he's the doctor, he can protect himself tonight. If he does claim as doctor, what happens?

If he claims as doctor, we back off of him, the finder investigates him, and the "real doctor" shuts up.

Basically, if he's lying, then unless he's the godfather he's toast, and if he is the godfather, he's toast as soon as the real doc gets killed.

Obviously, if he's telling the truth, there's no "real doctor" to counterclaim.

In fact, if anyone counterclaims a doctor claimant, you should invariably lynch the second claimant (since an innocent doc needs to shut up under those circumstances)

The reason I don't recommend it is because VIc already did the whole self vote/I hope the town loses routine, which makes any claim he makes less believable.. In fact if I was the doc, if he claimed and wasn't countered, I still wouldn't protect him

That's crazy - unless, of course, someone is saying "real finder, don't counterclaim". Which is why you always should demand a counterclaim on a finder (or analogous power role), since if the initial claimant is telling the truth, the doctor needs to protect him. If there's no counterclaim, the doc can rely on that in protecting the claimant. Leaving a potential finder in the wind is a horrible play. And with a counterclaim, even if the finder dies, he takes another mafia member with him (the counterclaimant). Without a counterclaim, if the claimant dies because the doc didn't protect him, the town gets nothing.

That suggestion is so scummy it reeks of scumness even through my computer screen.

And btw...this whole Vic thing seems a bit fishy. I've never been keen on voting him all game, but this is bothersome. I can MAYBE see the logic in the meltdown on the first day, if he's cop, because that could draw attention away from him as far as the mafia is concerned. They'd not look into him because he'd be an easy one to get lynched mid-game.

However...continuing to push the button now, I don't know. I know Vic claimed last game to be bad at mafia, but I'm not so sure I agree. He could be cop, but it just doesn't make sense (as CTM was essentially getting to) to do it this way, at this time...without a ton of pressure on him yet

That's crazy - unless, of course, someone is saying "real finder, don't counterclaim". Which is why you always should demand a counterclaim on a finder (or analogous power role), since if the initial claimant is telling the truth, the doctor needs to protect him. If there's no counterclaim, the doc can rely on that in protecting the claimant. Leaving a potential finder in the wind is a horrible play. And with a counterclaim, even if the finder dies, he takes another mafia member with him (the counterclaimant). Without a counterclaim, if the claimant dies because the doc didn't protect him, the town gets nothing.

That suggestion is so scummy it reeks of scumness even through my computer screen.

says the guy who smoked him out ...

I have a hard time believing you didn't pick up the obvious tells yet you insisted on poking him until he cracked..

And btw...this whole Vic thing seems a bit fishy. I've never been keen on voting him all game, but this is bothersome. I can MAYBE see the logic in the meltdown on the first day, if he's cop, because that could draw attention away from him as far as the mafia is concerned. They'd not look into him because he'd be an easy one to get lynched mid-game.

However...continuing to push the button now, I don't know. I know Vic claimed last game to be bad at mafia, but I'm not so sure I agree. He could be cop, but it just doesn't make sense (as CTM was essentially getting to) to do it this way, at this time...without a ton of pressure on him yet

It doesn't make sense and there's a lot of questions around it, which is why i my gut is telling me there shouldn't be a counterclaim. Let the doctor protect him and we'll see what happens. If Vic is lieing scum, he'll be caught eventually, there's no reason to sacrifice our cop in the process...

Vic, you need to tell us, right now, whether you have a role and, if so, what that role is.

The point of delaying a role claim is to avoid giving the mafia a prioritized kill list. If you're roled, you've put yourself on it already. Now, staying vague only helps you if you're scum (b/c no possibility of a counterclaim), and cripples the town unless you are the doc or roleless (because given your actions to this point, there's a chance the doc won't protect you despite the vague role claiming - and I'd say that without details, the doc should not, in fact, protect you).

Archived