New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Vote Count:

SMC (4) - EY, Vicious89x, slats, Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

AVM (3) - Pac2566, CTM, WoodyPaige

Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof (2) - Doggin94it, Sharrow

Pac2566 (1) - AVM

CTM (1) - SMC

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to cut.

not voting: Dan X, Jets Things, slats.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course, the fact that Pac and I were suspicious of you yesterday and are voting you today wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with that, right?

Of course, the fact that I posted about my suspicion of Pac BEFORE he spoke out against me today (since supposedly the first day was just because the name AVM annoyed him right?).

That and your little lovers quarrel, added onto the case Dan was building earlier in the day against you? Yeah...I mean it's JUST because you two are voting for me. I guess I should start being suspicious of Woody too right, since I just vote in spite? No, no--you're right, that'd be too obvious I'm scum, right?

So my suspicion of the two of you has a 0% chance of being true, yet you're 100% right about JvoR? Ok buddy ;)

No..

I've already said that maybe your 40%..

In terms of you being 100% wrong about me and pac being scum buddies, I can say that unequivocally because a) I know my alignment, and B) I don't think I've ever seen 2 scum camp out one 1 player like this at the start of the game.

You may very well be right about pac however. I don't know, but I'm not going there yet..

And also, this isn't personal, it's only a game, so I hope you don't take offense at my rattling your cage a bit :D

Of course, the fact that I posted about my suspicion of Pac BEFORE he spoke out against me today (since supposedly the first day was just because the name AVM annoyed him right?).

That and your little lovers quarrel, added onto the case Dan was building earlier in the day against you? Yeah...I mean it's JUST because you two are voting for me. I guess I should start being suspicious of Woody too right, since I just vote in spite? No, no--you're right, that'd be too obvious I'm scum, right?

What can I offer you as barter for shutting up?

We get it already.

No..

I've already said that maybe your 40%..

In terms of you being 100% wrong about me and pac being scum buddies, I can say that unequivocally because a) I know my alignment, and B) I don't think I've ever seen 2 scum camp out one 1 player like this at the start of the game.

You may very well be right about pac however. I don't know, but I'm not going there yet..

And also, this isn't personal, it's only a game, so I hope you don't take offense at my rattling your cage a bit :D

Heh, I know it's just a game man, no worries. I just think we're on the opposite side of the fence, and like you said--I know my alignment :)

I actually like you though, so no worries (....no homo)

If SMC is lynched, the mafia can assume vic is investigating one of the 3 of us and NK us with a 33percent chance of NKing vic's investigation target (and thereby rendering his result useless).

Okay, gotcha.

There's a logic to that. And if one or more of that three is scum, it increases their odds of Vic completely wasting his investigation on an innocent player, anyway.

And why not slats?

Lol! I'm sure I'll be part of the conversation. Maybe you could discuss the possibility of me being a godfather a little more. That might help to keep me alive an extra night. ;)

Heh, I know it's just a game man, no worries. I just think we're on the opposite side of the fence, and like you said--I know my alignment :)

I actually like you though, so no worries (....no homo)

This game can get heated sometimes, SMC is still mad at me about something that happened over a year ago and we were buds back then :D

And concerning Slats...does the fact he's a confirmed innocent really make him more likely to be killed? The mafia already knows who's innocent and not, so if they don't buy him as a power role he'd most likely be passed over for someone else

Lol! I'm sure I'll be part of the conversation. Maybe you could discuss the possibility of me being a godfather a little more. That might help to keep me alive an extra night. ;)

Look at it this way, if you are innocent and survive the night there's a good chance it's because of me still being suspicious of you.

In a way, I'm like your guardian angel :D

Or maybe newb scum takes a shot at Vic like in TV Land, assuming the doctor does the right thing, that would be nice ..

Read it again, my vote's in on SMC.

Which means regardless, someones going to have to change their vote for one person or another

This game can get heated sometimes, SMC is still mad at me about something that happened over a year ago and we were buds back then :D

Lol, I won't get angry about the internet real easily. This game is pure fun for me, especially when it gets heated like this.

Look at it this way, if you are innocent and survive the night there's a good chance it's because of me still being suspicious of you.

In a way, I'm like your guardian angel :D

Or maybe newb scum takes a shot at Vic like in TV Land, assuming the doctor does the right thing, that would be nice ..

Is that a role reveal?

And concerning Slats...does the fact he's a confirmed innocent really make him more likely to be killed? The mafia already knows who's innocent and not, so if they don't buy him as a power role he'd most likely be passed over for someone else

Actually confirmed innocents become power roles in and of themselves as they start to accumulate. If we get 2 non scum kills and 1 confirmed innocent a night for the next two nights, we'll be looking at 6 townies and 3scum. With 3 confirmed innocents however, the town has a 50/50 shot at lynchign scum if it just throws a dart at the dartboard..

Actually confirmed innocents become power roles in and of themselves as they start to accumulate. If we get 2 non scum kills and 1 confirmed innocent a night for the next two nights, we'll be looking at 6 townies and 3scum. With 3 confirmed innocents however, the town has a 50/50 shot at lynchign scum if it just throws a dart at the dartboard..

Ok I see that point, keep it from piling up

What specifically do you need me to comment on Dan?

Haha, anything would be nice. :P In seriousness, you returned from a long absence with 3 sentences and a vote. Do you have thoughts on anyone other than SMC? What about me/AVM/Slats, or CTM/EY/Doggin, or Pac? I think what you said about SMC makes sense, I'd just like you to contribute more. :D

Like I've said before, call me an idiot all you want. My interweb ego can take it.

Quite frankly I don't care whether you live or die, it's entertaining to me

Entertaining, perhaps, but there's 2 things I won't do:

1) Bitch and whine about having heat on me, and

2) Vote for myself

Haha, anything would be nice. :P In seriousness, you returned from a long absence with 3 sentences and a vote. Do you have thoughts on anyone other than SMC? What about me/AVM/Slats, or CTM/EY/Doggin, or Pac? I think what you said about SMC makes sense, I'd just like you to contribute more. :D

Odds are probably one from each of those groups of 3 is scum. Thats just odds though, which on a person to person basis mean nothing

I'm leaving for the night, so before I go, I'm voting: Pac because I think there's something to Doggin's idea about leaving SMC be for the night, and also hope in the future Vicious won't make lists of his top suspects like that.

Furthermore, Pac was the other player Vicious has been questioning throughout the game, so I think lynching Pac also helps narrow down the field of suspects for Vicious.

Whats our unofficial tally right now?

I really don't buy him being scum--I'm completely sold on Pac, with the constant agreeing that such and such is a strong case against players A,B, and C, yet he doesn't change his vote from me, who he says is just among the muddled middle that he can't find much suspicion in? Just doesn't make sense.

How many times now has Pac posted something along the lines of "this makes a ton of sense, but I see nothing to change me from voting AVM," DESPITE saying he finds no one particularly scummy other than Vic?

Honestly seems like an attempt at distancing if I turn up good. Pac needs to go, IMO. If he doesn't die via lynch, he should be at the very least investigated tonight if not taken out by the Vig.

I only have 1 vote. Yes there are others I find suspicious (including Doggin and Vic) but I'm not prepared to vote for a potential cop and the guilty vibe I get from Doggin isn't as strong as the one I'm getting from you. It's not that complicated. If and when the time comes that my vote is needed drop the hammer I'll consider changing it.

Incidentally I find it comical that you're chastising me for focusing on you when your attack on me "started your day" and has continued throughout.

I'm leaving for the night, so before I go, I'm voting: Pac because I think there's something to Doggin's idea about leaving SMC be for the night, and also hope in the future Vicious won't make lists of his top suspects like that.

Furthermore, Pac was the other player Vicious has been questioning throughout the game, so I think lynching Pac also helps narrow down the field of suspects for Vicious.

To add, now that Pac has caught my attention, his constant back-and-forth between "I have to be suspicious of everyone" and "no one has done anything suspicious" is standing out to me as scummy. Seems like he's trying to talk, to give the appearance of contributing, while staying removed from any real discussion.

Have a good night, everyone. :D

I'm starting to see an actual case against Pac, too. At least I'd like him to explain himself better ...

Here's the first time he says he's suspicious of Doggin and SMC, a quick mention which is fine for the first time, I suppose.

Pac says this to Sharrow after simply "+1"-ing two of Sharrow's posts the night before. Weird.

Here he again says he's suspicious of Vicious, Doggin, and SMC, but doesn't offer anything new from the last time he brought it up, aside from saying he doesn't get the ROBOCOP argument.

This is the one time Pac seems to outright believe Vicious. He doesn't touch upon this argument again.

Now it's a vague feeling, while sarcastically referring to Vicious as a hero (as if no one else had been questioning him).

Yet somehow Doggin and SMC were so troublesome to Pac, it stopped him from voting for Vicious. Does he see something scummy there? Maybe? We really don't know because he never elaborates.

And again blatantly exaggerates everyone's reactions towards Vicious. Also questions EY for the second time (first time was a much earlier post when EY voted for Pac), yet none of these people are suspicious to him.

Really, it seems to me that all Pac has been adding is repeatedly announcing that he sees nothing scummy going on except with the same two people. Despite pages of discussion on more people than that, including people who Pac himself has brought up multiple times. And I don't like that he keeps misrepresenting people's attitudes towards Vicious.

At this point, I think I'm deciding between Pac and SMC. Norway still needs to say more, too.

Is there a question here?

To add, now that Pac has caught my attention, his constant back-and-forth between "I have to be suspicious of everyone" and "no one has done anything suspicious" is standing out to me as scummy. Seems like he's trying to talk, to give the appearance of contributing, while staying removed from any real discussion.

Have a good night, everyone. :D

sigh... one guy telling me I'm suspicious because I'm focusing on him too much and another saying something is peculiar because there's too much back and forth with me. Which one is it?

I never said no one has done anything suspicious. I said no one has done anything overtly scummy as far as I can tell. There is a difference.

I don't know how many times I have to say it but right now the strongest vibe I have is on AVM. Could I be wrong? of course. I don't see how or why keeping my vote on my #1 suspect is so strange.

Vote Count:

SMC (4) - EY, Vicious89x, slats, Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

AVM (3) - Pac2566, CTM, WoodyPaige

Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof (2) - Doggin94it, Sharrow

Pac2566 (2) - AVM, Dan X

CTM (1) - SMC

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to cut.

I'm far from married to my vote, but sitting on the biggest vote getter so far, I'm willing to stay seated a little while longer. Plus, I'm probably in the discussion for a NK, so I have no problem with the day lasting a while. ;)

Out of everyone else on this list, I'm probably interested in them in reverse order. If I were to change my vote, I'd be the most comfortable changing it to CTM or Pac. Norway's of interest largely because of his general inactivity. I don't get the same vibe on AVM that others are discussing, and CTM and Pac sitting there aren't encouraging me to move in that direction at all.

Archived