New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Day two has begun.

With 10 players remaining, it takes 6 to cut.

Roster:

1. CTM

2. EY

3. Doggin94it

4. slats

5. Jets Babe (Thomas Jones) - Cut, Day One

6. Dan X (Nick Mangold) - Suspended, Night Two

7. Jets Voice of Reason (Jason Taylor) - Benched, Night One

8. WoodyPaige

9. SMC

10. JiF (Kris Jenkins) - Suspended, Night One

11. Vicious89x

12. Jets Things

13. Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

14. Sharrow (David Harris) - Benched, Night Two

15. AVM ("Hollywood" Kerry Rhodes) - Cut, Day Two

16. Pac2566

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, with 10 players left, if there are 3 scum and 1 SK, this is endgame -1. (seems clear there's a serial - Sharrow is not a player who would be targeted by the Vig)

BTW, Mr. Serial killer - if there are 3 scum, and we lynch an innocent today, we'll be sitting at 9 players: SK, M, M, M, I, I, I, I, I. If you and the mafia both take out innocents, tomorrow will be end game (if an innocent dies, then the mafia outnumbers the remaining players, and they win - and you lose). So for your own sake, don't kill anyone tonight if we lynch an innocent.

BTW, with 10 players left, if there are 3 scum and 1 SK, this is endgame -1. (seems clear there's a serial - Sharrow is not a player who would be targeted by the Vig)

BTW, Mr. Serial killer - if there are 3 scum, and we lynch an innocent today, we'll be sitting at 9 players: SK, M, M, M, I, I, I, I, I. If you and the mafia both take out innocents, tomorrow will be end game (if an innocent dies, then the mafia outnumbers the remaining players, and they win - and you lose). So for your own sake, don't kill anyone tonight if we lynch an innocent.

Agreed on both accounts..

Why wouldn't a serial killer go after Pac though? Clearly Pac's the biggest threat to him?

Only post of the day- unfortunately I did not hit mafia. I had to choose between various people but I still believe out of everyone still left in the game I honestly think either JT or Norway is scum. Take it for what it's worth. Please don't lynch until I get to make sure you aren't lynching a confirmed innocent.

For the record I'm about to hit the links and won't be back till this evening... Very interested to hear why people think Sharrow and Dan were targeted.

So did you find anything last night? A Roled or non Roled player?

Agreed on both accounts..

Why wouldn't a serial killer go after Pac though? Clearly Pac's the biggest threat to him?

and so it starts... :yawn:

don't pile on before I get a chance to defend myself and I don't have anything to report from last night.

I'm running late and have to leave like, now.

Only post of the day- unfortunately I did not hit mafia. I had to choose between various people but I still believe out of everyone still left in the game I honestly think either JT or Norway is scum. Take it for what it's worth. Please don't lynch until I get to make sure you aren't lynching a confirmed innocent.

I think you should release the name, to save us any debate. You clearly investigated someone suspicious and the mafia didn't target your other confirmed innocent..

For the record I'm about to hit the links and won't be back till this evening... Very interested to hear why people think Sharrow and Dan were targeted.

Because they were among the most innocent looking players - personally, I thought Sharrow might be the doc - and Dan in particular was being very helpful to the town.

Killing Sharrow will also have the subtle effect of throwing suspicion on me. (Watch, it'll come)

and so it starts... :yawn:

don't pile on before I get a chance to defend myself and I don't have anything to report from last night.

I'm running late and have to leave like, now.

WEll that and two guys you were sparing with died last night...

This almost reeks of WoodyPaige or EY trying to incite a Pac-Meltdown..

well that just sucks.

Hey, Chan - do you agree that there should be a counterclaim now (assuming Vic is scum and there's a townie out there to counterclaim) ? Seeing as how we're at endgame -1, and waiting any longer stands a good chance of leaving us in exactly the position I said would be the biggest problem: two cop claimants alive, at endgame, and lynching the wrong one loses the game for us.

I think you should release the name, to save us any debate. You clearly investigated someone suspicious and the mafia didn't target your other confirmed innocent..

Bump..

Thoughts?

I think there's a good chance that Vic investigated one of me, EY, SMC, or Doggin (he basically said he was going to), considering that 2 out of the 4 are posturing for battle, I think it'd be better if we didn't go down that route where the mindset becomes either/or , when it's quite possible both doggin and I are innocent..

Bump..

Thoughts?

I think there's a good chance that Vic investigated one of me, EY, SMC, or Doggin (he basically said he was going to), considering that 2 out of the 4 are posturing for battle, I think it'd be better if we didn't go down that route where the mindset becomes either/or , when it's quite possible both doggin and I are innocent..

Agreed. At this point, its important to know who vic has innocent results on.

While I think releasing the name WOULD save us debate, debating might bring us more information.

Hey, Chan - do you agree that there should be a counterclaim now (assuming Vic is scum and there's a townie out there to counterclaim) ? Seeing as how we're at endgame -1, and waiting any longer stands a good chance of leaving us in exactly the position I said would be the biggest problem: two cop claimants alive, at endgame, and lynching the wrong one loses the game for us.

Let me run the numbers for a bit, but yeah, my inclination is yes..

I was hoping it was a vig and not a SK, at this point it seems it's almost certainly a SK, so no hope of him holstering his gun..

Yeah, if there's a counter claimant they should come claim now.. Maybe they investigated Vic?

I hope Pac didn't fall asleep on the job and not put in a role search, or whatever he does now.

If Doggin is correct that this might be endgame (disagree for the reasons below), we need to know what he came up with since Vic came up blanks last night.

I don't think this is endgame because I believe there's a vigilante rather than a SK in this game.

Why? Sharrow was near the top in the vote list. The Vig tried to take out scum, but got an innocent (same as to what I did last game). I don't think the mafia would have taken out Sharrow (Mr. inactive), because he'd likely get cut or be threatened to be cut today by team vote.

I'm not strong in this disagreement, but I think the evidence points to a Vig rather than SK. That said, I think the team needs to try to take control of the Vigs actions and direct him on where to hit tonight.

Wait why?

Pac's still alive and the guys that died are all part of the slatsAvmDanXSharrow thing he's been stammering about. Seeing as how you and EY in particular have been giddy as girls for a Pac implosion, it seems possible, for entertainment value alone, that he be set up like that...

Just a thought..

I hope Pac didn't fall asleep on the job and not put in a role search, or whatever he does now.

If Doggin is correct that this might be endgame (disagree for the reasons below), we need to know what he came up with since Vic came up blanks last night.

I don't think this is endgame because I believe there's a vigilante rather than a SK in this game.

Why? Sharrow was near the top in the vote list. The Vig tried to take out scum, but got an innocent (same as to what I did last game). I don't think the mafia would have taken out Sharrow (Mr. inactive), because he'd likely get cut or be threatened to be cut today by team vote.

I'm not strong in this disagreement, but I think the evidence points to a Vig rather than SK. That said, I think the team needs to try to take control of the Vigs actions and direct him on where to hit tonight.

1) Whether there's a Vig or a SK, if we lynch an innocent and there are 2 kills tonight, we are at endgame tomorrow. Either way, it's 7 players, 3 mafia. Lynch an innocent (or even the SK), and the game is over. Whether it's a serial killer or a vig, they NEED to stop shooting.

2) Sharrow was blatantly innocent. He was posting helpful analysis. I noticed it, CTM noticed it, I think a few others mentioned he seemed innocent to them as well. More, you don't kill inactives if you're a townie, you pressure them. If a Vig killed Sharrow last night, then (no offense) it was an incredibly stupid play. I don't like to assume people are stupid, especially not the folks still in this game. We have a serial.

I don't like it because Doggin is pushing a cae that's not so strong. I need to reread it.

This stinks of a Doggin setup.

EY, everything I post stinks of a Doggin setup, merely because I'm posting it. The same way everything you or CTM post stinks of a setup. Reread it - the case on Norway is solid - at least as solid as any other player - plus his lynch (IMO) gives us the most info.

1) Whether there's a Vig or a SK, if we lynch an innocent and there are 2 kills tonight, we are at endgame tomorrow. Either way, it's 7 players, 3 mafia. Lynch an innocent (or even the SK), and the game is over. Whether it's a serial killer or a vig, they NEED to stop shooting.

BTW, to elaborate on this. Assuming we lynch an innocent, the day will end as follows:

3 Evil, 5 Innocent, 1 SK (or 6 I, if you persist in assuming a Vig).

If one innocent dies at night, that leaves:

3 Evil, 4 I, 1 SK (or 5I)

If we lynch an innocent, then we are at:

3 E, 3 I, 1SK (or 4I) heading to night.

At that point, the serial/vig gets to shoot again, because if only an innocent or the serial dies at night, the game is over (3E/3I, or 3E/2I/1SK means the mafia wins). If the serial misses and hits an innocent, no harm done - all it means is that the mafia wins (which would have happened anyway). But if the serial hits a mafia member, then we wake up the next day at:

2E, 2I, 1SK (or 2E/3I). Which means its still endgame, but we have a chance (if we take out a mafia member, we can still win).

So, to recap, under no circumstances should our extra NK kill again tonight. Certainly not if he's a Vig who wins with the town, and even if he's a SK, he cannot kill unless he wants to lose.

Vic indicated he had another innocent.. If we believe him and Pac who claims to have found the doctor, that gives us 5 innocents

Slats, Pac, Vic, Vic investigation last night, doctor

Which means, we likely have 3 scum left out of the remaining 5 players. I think Vic should come clean on innocents, and the doctor should only speak up if at L-2. If we lynch from these remaining 5, we have a 60% chance of lynching scum today, assuming what we think we know is true..

BUT

If Pac is a rolefinder for the scum, or Slats is godfather (or even worse, Both), or Vic is insane, following the above advice would have us at a 20% chance of lynching scum today..

----

I think the first order of business should be finding out what Vic has, seeing if there's a counter claimant and then figuring out what to do with Pac..

Day two has begun.

With 10 players remaining, it takes 6 to cut.

Roster:

1. CTM

2. EY

3. Doggin94it

4. slats

5. Jets Babe (Thomas Jones) - Cut, Day One

6. Dan X (Nick Mangold) - Suspended, Night Two

7. Jets Voice of Reason (Jason Taylor) - Benched, Night One

8. WoodyPaige

9. SMC

10. JiF (Kris Jenkins) - Suspended, Night One

11. Vicious89x

12. Jets Things

13. Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

14. Sharrow (David Harris) - Benched, Night Two

15. AVM ("Hollywood" Kerry Rhodes) - Cut, Day Two

16. Pac2566

1. CTM - I believe strongly that he is innocent.

2. EY - why analyze myself?

3. Doggin94it - Decent probability of Scum. Decent Probability of SK.

4. slats - I believe in Vic, so I believe slats is innocent. GFather is possibility, but unlikely.

8. WoodyPaige - High probability of SK. Low probability of scum.

9. SMC - Doubt he is scum. Possible SK, believing it less and less. I think he'd have targetted the Axis.

11. Vicious89x - Believe he is the cop.

12. Jets Things - Possible Scum. Unlikely SK.

13. Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof - Possible Scum. Unlikely SK.

16. Pac2566 - Scout. Could this still be a scum term.

1. CTM - I believe strongly that he is innocent.

2. EY - why analyze myself?

3. Doggin94it - Decent probability of Scum. Decent Probability of SK.

4. slats - I believe in Vic, so I believe slats is innocent. GFather is possibility, but unlikely.

8. WoodyPaige - High probability of SK. Low probability of scum.

9. SMC - Doubt he is scum. Possible SK, believing it less and less. I think he'd have targetted the Axis.

11. Vicious89x - Believe he is the cop.

12. Jets Things - Possible Scum. Unlikely SK.

13. Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof - Possible Scum. Unlikely SK.

16. Pac2566 - Scout. Could this still be a scum term.

I'm colorblind (seriously) so I have to quote this to see what colors you assigned to players. Is this arbitrary or did you have something in mind?

Archived