Red Sawx Starting Pitching......Lets talk about it

JonEJet

Penny--Nothing less than a disaster

Lester--Mediocrity shining through

Beckett--Rough start, or is this an off year?

Wakfield--Are you waiting for the wheels to come off like I am.

Dice-K--The World Baseball Classic....Nuff said

Smoltz--Never thought you'd be waiting for this guy, did you?

Masterson--Nice pitcher, better suited for relief.

Bucholz--Umm....Crossing the fingers and toes

Granted they had a nice start to the season....but should they be worried?

Why?

An eighth of the way through the season, they are 14-7. The top three guys you listed need to be more consistent. They have been either real good or real bad.

If this inconsistency continues then I would be worried.

Not sure if Lester is a top 3 guy yet

He had a nice year last year, but he has nover done it for a period of time

Beckett.....you have to be as worried about him as Yankee fans are about Wang

Dice-K.....You really are not sure if he ruined his arm for his nation

How did I know you'd try and spin what looks like a real problem going forward for the Sawx

How did I know you'd try and spin what looks like a real problem going forward for the Sawx

I am not spinning.

Beckett has been rocked in his last two starts. If he continues, I would be concerned, but I am not going to panic now.

I agree with Lester. I forgot his IPs went way up. I think he is going to be that way the rest of the year. He will mix good and bad and not be consistent.

I doubt Dice-K ruined his arm, but will probably be like Lester.

Nice deflecting JonE. Ignore the Yankees issues and pick apart one month of Sox pitching? It's a long season.

The only one I agree with you on is Penny. He's just holding down the fort though and has had a couple of decent outings. You'll be wrong on the rest though.

Nice deflecting JonE. Ignore the Yankees issues and pick apart one month of Sox pitching? It's a long season.

The only one I agree with you on is Penny. He's just holding down the fort though and has had a couple of decent outings. You'll be wrong on the rest though.

nobodies denying the Yankees have issues

Even you can't really mean that.

BTW, Yanks 2nd worst team ERA in Baseball.

are you gonna tell me replacing the SS position with HANLEY doesn't make up for a guy who plays every 5 games?

hanley would've lead Boston to a buncha rings

who's your team, Tigers?

Have you seen the rest of the forum?

Hanley is not going 4-0 with a one something ERA in the 2007 playoffs.

Hanley is talented. He is a Nomar clone with so-so defense and can steal bases.

The Sox did the hitting thing for 8 decades and won bupkiss.

HANLEY CRAPS ALL OVER NOSE-MAR

Sounds like you Yankee fans are a bit worried. Just relax the Sox will be on top come October. :P

This is a discussion about The red Sawx pitching woes

Lets remain on topic please

Sabathia's early struggles have been troubling, yet they hardly address the whole, shocking picture. It is one of the more astounding stats in recent years, and a terrible embarrassment for Brian Cashman: The Yankees' pitching staff, worth more than $71million this season, including Sabathia's money, now has the highest ERA in all of baseball at 5.93.

The starters are struggling. The middle relief is a mess, embodied Saturday by the failings of Jose Veras and David Robertson.

You don't give up six runs per game and win a banner of any sort. If that doesn't

change in a hurry, the arrow points down again for this franchise - as it has for the past seven seasons.

Against the plucky Angels, Sabathia gave up eight hits and five runs, four of them earned, in 6-2/3 innings, which is of course not what the Yankees are spending $161million over seven years for. That can turn into a lot of alimony, as Cashman must know all too well from the club's previous contracts and divorces.

The one thing going for Sabathia right now is that he was far worse for Cleveland at the start of 2008, when he was 1-5 with a 7.51ERA after yet another defeat on May3. Last April, he had virtually no control of his fastball or slider. By comparison, with his current 4.85 ERA, he is en route to a Cy Young trophy.

Sorry wrong thread.:)

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2009/05/02/2009-05-02_for_money_pitcher_cc_sabathia_no_bailouts.html#ixzz0ERSk3cV8&B

Archived