JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

As much as he is bothering me, thats a damn good point.

Don't get me wrong, it's okay with me if Henry bothers you. The man's gotten highly charged up without having any real pressure on him. I just don't see a logical tie-in with the scum taking out Nicky. You've got a four person scum team, this isn't going to be the first game for all of them.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't get me wrong, it's okay with me if Henry bothers you. The man's gotten highly charged up without having any real pressure on him. I just don't see a logical tie-in with the scum taking out Nicky. You've got a four person scum team, this isn't going to be the first game for all of them.

I agree with this Don- although I have brought up the possibility of n00b scum, it's less likely in my opinion for that to be the smart play for us.

Right now I believe its' best we dont' "out think" ourselves. Let's look for some clues, and if it makes sense go from there. I am guilty already of thinking a bit too deeply into this matter, the "what if's" arent' going to do us any good right now in the sense of the SK, n00b scum, etc.

Ouch. This sucks.

It has been mentioned, but I dont think we need to focus on hypotheticals...that could lead us down a bad path and the next lynch is extremely important which kinda sucks this early in the game.

I really really really dont like Henry Hill. The cat just bothers me. His attitude sucks. He didnt contribute **** and then the second someone starts to question his motives and interactions with Nicky he flips out and gets super defensive.

Whats the deal Henry? You've acted like a prick all game and you should have known that with Nicky's death you would become a target because or you interaction.

1) Blow me.

2) As to my lack of contributions, 99% of this thread is posturing about complete BS. I chose not to be a part of it because I didn't agree with it. I gave a brief synopsis of my thoughts, followed by a lengthier discussion of my suspicions of Santoro.

3) I have no problem with someone 'questioning my motives', what I do not like is 4 questions on one page before I've had the chance to chime in. It reeks of a setup. As I said, had it been one post, I wouldn't have paid it any attention, but it was 4. 4 posts on the same with only around 20 posts since the death scene.

1) Blow me.

2) As to my lack of contributions, 99% of this thread is posturing about complete BS. I chose not to be a part of it because I didn't agree with it. I gave a brief synopsis of my thoughts, followed by a lengthier discussion of my suspicions of Santoro.

3) I have no problem with someone 'questioning my motives', what I do not like is 4 questions on one page before I've had the chance to chime in. It reeks of a setup. As I said, had it been one post, I wouldn't have paid it any attention, but it was 4. 4 posts on the same with only around 20 posts since the death scene.

Fair enough but it was one person and you blew your lid....but I guess its par for the course. You're just a prick.

Fair enough but it was one person and you blew your lid....but I guess its par for the course. You're just a prick.

The fact that it WAS one person is exactly what's troubling. If I'm right, one scum member was tasked with proposing the idea. That member got a bit trigger happy, mentioned it a ton, and that's where we are now.

The same way I doubt that you'd NK Nicky as part of a scum team, I doubt a scum team would try to set you up by killing Nicky. Something else is up with that. Maybe someone had a day role and found something out? Maybe they were just after confusion and are laughing their asses off right now. I don't know.

As I started going back into the thread to see if I could find anything I couldn't help but notice that Sonny has been gone for about 40 hours now. Granted we were in what seemed to have been night phase lockdown for part of that, but here are all of Sonny's posts since I last brought up the content of his posts:

If he has done a 180, that means that in at least one direction he was scum.

My vote stands.

This was in response to Jimmy talking about Lefty cooling down after the Joe/Lefty bout.

Fair enough. There's just absolutely nothing to go on at this point, and pretty much everyone is suspicious. There is no information to be gleaned during the first day, we all know this.

That said, we have to vote for someone who seems the most suspicious just to give us a chance to start the game off right.

A response to my vote/call for action.

I think it's entirely too early to fixate on voting patterns. On the first day, someones says something hinky, and 5-6 people vote for him. He defends himself and the crowd goes another way. I had no problems with either Marcellus or Carlito. Life gets in the way of alot of things.

It comes down to whether or not we want to vote for a lynch or wait for a random lynch. I always like to vote for it, at least we have a little to go on. The percentages are just so against us otherwise. We won't always get lucky like the first JN game.

These first days are always a crap shoot.

A response again to me asking for Sonny's opinion on some players other than the guy he was voting for

I personally don't think so. She's always been much more confrontational than cerebral.

Carlito 2.0 arrives and Nicky guesses new Carlito is JB.

My original vote for Sonny was to get more analysis and less one liners that several times didn't have anything to do with the game. Instead of getting some thoughts and insight Sonny seems to have dropped off the radar completely. I don't think I'll vote just yet but I must again ask Sonny for some thoughts on the game and its players as the reason he initially seemed hesitant to give us anything was because day 1 was a crapshoot and there wasn't any info. Well day 1 is over so what's on your mind Sonny?

The fact that it WAS one person is exactly what's troubling. If I'm right, one scum member was tasked with proposing the idea. That member got a bit trigger happy, mentioned it a ton, and that's where we are now.

I honestly don't believe your scum. Just remind of an overly-emotional player. And if I'm right about you not being scum then this is a waste of energy because at this point it'll probably cost us both of our lives because we dont' have an investigator to investigate the player that lives and exonerate them with the town.

Right now the town needs to:

-As Tommy mentioned, look at the day 1 voting timeline

-Look at interactions between Nicky and others

-Look at interactions between Michael and others

As of right now that's really the only plays we have.

As I started going back into the thread to see if I could find anything I couldn't help but notice that Sonny has been gone for about 40 hours now. Granted we were in what seemed to have been night phase lockdown for part of that, but here are all of Sonny's posts since I last brought up the content of his posts:

This was in response to Jimmy talking about Lefty cooling down after the Joe/Lefty bout.

A response to my vote/call for action.

A response again to me asking for Sonny's opinion on some players other than the guy he was voting for

Carlito 2.0 arrives and Nicky guesses new Carlito is JB.

My original vote for Sonny was to get more analysis and less one liners that several times didn't have anything to do with the game. Instead of getting some thoughts and insight Sonny seems to have dropped off the radar completely. I don't think I'll vote just yet but I must again ask Sonny for some thoughts on the game and its players as the reason he initially seemed hesitant to give us anything was because day 1 was a crapshoot and there wasn't any info. Well day 1 is over so what's on your mind Sonny?

Excellent post Ace- these are the types of things we should be looking into, emotional verbal spats are going to get us nowhere at this point in time.

Let's see what Sonny has to say in reply.

Right.

Good point. You might be spot on. I dont know. Your tone has be aggressive since the moment this game started, so I probably shouldnt be surprised by your reaction, but that theory is as good as the opposite.

I really like what Ace and Tony had to say. Sonny's play is suspicious and I agree that we need to look into the areas that Tony bulleted.

The same way I doubt that you'd NK Nicky as part of a scum team, I doubt a scum team would try to set you up by killing Nicky. Something else is up with that. Maybe someone had a day role and found something out? Maybe they were just after confusion and are laughing their asses off right now. I don't know.

I don't agree. Here's the deal, scum can kill anyone they want during the day and be successful, as long as they're not tagged. They're not going to 'move all in' on me, but certainly put out the idea and see if it takes. Which is exactly why Montana is backtracking now.

I don't agree. Here's the deal, scum can kill anyone they want during the day and be successful, as long as they're not tagged. They're not going to 'move all in' on me, but certainly put out the idea and see if it takes. Which is exactly why Montana is backtracking now.

What am I backtracking on compadre? My points still have remained the same. You implicated yourself in on this because you're being defensive. Again my points are:

- Look into interactions people had with Nicky

- Look into interactions people had with Mikey

- Look into voting patterns on day 1

That's all we have to work with. Ace made a good case on Sonny so I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say in response.

Again, most of your motives seemed to be in the best idea of self preservation. I appreciate your vigor but think its' best applied elsewhere because this is a dead end street for the town.

I actually was only saying it for arguments sake and was hoping Doggin would respond and clear this thing up for us. I doubt the Cult has the NK ability and certainly not an ability to both recruit and NK at the same time, so if it was one or other other, as you said (which I even still doubt).

My point was the chances of their being a SK in this game in addition to a mafia, a cult and a vig seems highly unlikely. So if we could confirm that the cult couldn't NK then it would tell us for pretty much certain that it was indeed Nicky that killed Michael and scum that killed Nicky. Not that it matters all that much, but I figured an answer on that from Doggin would put this thing to bed.

Agreed 100%. As of right now, I don't read much into the short Tony vs. Henry spout, btw.

If we don't get a "voting record" by later tonight, I'll try and put one together myself, btw. I won't have time until much, much later though.

Warning: This is a very long post that only lists all the vote counts that Doggin posted during Day 1. For further comments, please read my post to come after this one.

Vote Count:

John Rooney (3) - Frank Costello, Fredo Corleone, Tony Soprano

John Rooney (3) - Frank Costello, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Sonny LoSpecchio (1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (3) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro

Marcellus Wallace (1) - John Rooney

John Rooney (2) - Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Sonny LoSpecchio (1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (5) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Frank Costello, Sonny LoSpecchio

Jimmy Conway(1) - Fredo Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (5) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Frank Costello, Sonny LoSpecchio

Fredo Corleone (2) - Henry Hill, Vito Corleone

Marcellus Wallace (2) - John Rooney, Tony Montana

John Rooney (1) - Lefty Ruggerio

Lefty Ruggerio (7) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Frank Costello, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (4) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano

Lefty Ruggerio (6) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (5) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Lefty Ruggerio (6) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Marcellus Wallace (5) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Marcellus Wallace (4) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano, Lefty Ruggerio

Henry Hill (1) - Frank Costello

Lefty Ruggerio (5) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Fredo Corleone (1) - Henry Hill

Henry Hill (1) - Frank Costello

Joe Cabbot (1) - Nicky Santoro,

Lefty Ruggerio (5) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Carlito Brigante (1) - Frank Costello

Joe Cabbot (1) - Nicky Santoro

Lefty Ruggerio (4) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone

Carlito Brigante (2) - Frank Costello, Vito Corleone

Joe Cabbot (2) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo

Joe Cabbot (3) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo, Henry Hill

Marcellus Wallace (3) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano

Joe Cabbot (4) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo, Henry Hill, Lefty Ruggerio

Joe Cabbot (5) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo, Henry Hill, Lefty Ruggerio, Tommy DeVito

Joe Cabbot (5) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo, Henry Hill, Lefty Ruggerio, Tommy DeVito

John Rooney (1) - Michael Corleone

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Sonny LoSpecchio

Carlito Brigante (1) - Frank Costello

John Rooney (3) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway

Sonny LoSpecchio (2) - Joe Cabot, Ace Rothstein

John Rooney (4) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello

Sonny LoSpecchio (2) - Joe Cabot, Ace Rothstein

John Rooney (7) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein

Sonny LoSpecchio (1) - Joe Cabot

John Rooney (8) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano

Joe Cabbot (2) - , Virgil Sollozo, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (9) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro

Nicky Santoro (1) - Henry Hill

Joe Cabbot (2) - Virgil Sollozo, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (8) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro

John Rooney (9) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro, Carlito Brigante

John Rooney (8) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro

John Rooney (9) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro, Joe Cabot

Marcellus Wallace (1) - Tony Montana

John Rooney (9) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro, Joe Cabot

Nicky Santoro (2) - Henry Hill, John Rooney

Maybe. It's possible. I just don't see it as the smart play. If I were scum, I'd prefer to wait for someone else to bring it up. It had to come up eventually, you had a pretty obvious spat with the deceased.

But that's me, I'm not going to completely discount what you're saying.

Marcellus is vanished again. His last post was Wednesday evening. Puts pressure on Rooney and disappears.

Good point. He only got a little active when his self-interests were at stake, now he's gone again.

Ditto for Sonny.

Here's the votes that each of the dead players made:

Nicky: Lefty, Joe Cabbot (started this bandwagon), John Rooney

Michael: John Rooney (started the bandwagon, then unvoted)

Ok, so of these votes, the only one that really stands out is the Joe Cabbot vote. Nicky started that one, and then he died, its entirely possible that Cabbot got scared. Beyond that, there's very very little information to garner from this I think.

Regarding day 2:

WTF is with Henry? He got way too defensive way too fast, and is obviously in a crap mood. I don't think he's being targetted, I think he's just playing way too emotionally.

As for last nights kills: I agree, put away the conspiracy theories for now, we need to see the results from other nights first befor we can pull those out. One night just simply isn't enough info, especially since we did have a vig die.

Not much else to say, until I go through Nicky and Michael's posts.

Ok, so of these votes, the only one that really stands out is the Joe Cabbot vote. Nicky started that one, and then he died, its entirely possible that Cabbot got scared. Beyond that, there's very very little information to garner from this I think.

Regarding day 2:

WTF is with Henry? He got way too defensive way too fast, and is obviously in a crap mood. I don't think he's being targetted, I think he's just playing way too emotionally.

As for last nights kills: I agree, put away the conspiracy theories for now, we need to see the results from other nights first befor we can pull those out. One night just simply isn't enough info, especially since we did have a vig die.

I was reading through the votes too and really the only thing of note I saw was the same thing you did: that Nicky started the train on Joe. But much like Henry if they're scum do you think they'd NK someone who could so easily be traced back to them?

BTW still no word from Marcellus or Sonny...

Good morning, everyone. A quick look around the boards reveals a few missing faces.

image.php?u=4546&dateline=1241569516&type=thumb

DanX (Michael Corleone), the town Finder, is dead.

image.php?u=64&dateline=1240019136&type=profile

124 (Nicky Santoro) the town Vigilante, is dead

Day 2 has begun. With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

Wow. That's pretty bad..

I think for now we have to assume that the Vic shot the cop, which is about the worst aiming Vig I've ever seen. No surprise that little turd would screw up this bad though..

We should probably focus on Nicky's posts, being that he's the guy who was almost certainly taken out by the scum team. It would appear that Nicky thought Michael was a bad guy, but what else can we glean from them?

Regarding day 2:

Seeing as how I'd label both Lefty and Joe's play as being largely emotional, the liklihood of them taking someone out they were fighting with is increased imo..

Marcellus is vanished again. His last post was Wednesday evening. Puts pressure on Rooney and disappears.

I was reading through the votes too and really the only thing of note I saw was the same thing you did: that Nicky started the train on Joe. But much like Henry if they're scum do you think they'd NK someone who could so easily be traced back to them?

BTW still no word from Marcellus or Sonny...

I don't have a job where I'm by a computer all day like a lot of you guys do so some days I can't post as much as I would like to. I was able to post a lot more on Tuesday and Wednesday cause I was just studying for finals. Yesterday was night phase and I didn't really have anything to share. Today I was busy had a final on the morning, train ride in the afternoon all time with no internet.

BTW Ace Rothstein I wouldn't complain about my post count when you have the same amount as me.

I was re-reading Nicky's posts, and I think I'm gonna miss him - taking pot-shots at our cop aside...

He had the well documented spat with Henry, but in that one it seems to me like Nicky was more likely to shoot at Henry than the other way around. But before that, and before he moved his vote to Rooney, it was Joe Cabot that he was most interested in. The first post here is to Joe:

I appreciate the anger-filled gobbledygook but my point still remains. You know that there's virtually no info to be garnered on day 1 yet here you are again talking about peoples lack of substantive contributions.

Which one is it Joe? Are people expected to be able to provide keen insight on day 1 or is it a crap shoot. So far you've been saying it's both... over and over again.

Oh and I fully intend on making many more random bull**** comments thank you very much. Mafangula!!!

The next two are about him:

You know now that I'm thinking about it Joeys play has been rather odd. Comes in with guns blazing against lefty to create a case then disappears once people join the train.

Today he floats in to scold us for not playing right but still says nothing about anyone other than the 2 prime suspects. He adds a little throw away sentence about being "confused about who's saying what with all these alts"... hogwash Joe... all of us are doing a good enough job of knowing who said what-- all you have to do is go back and look. Why the faux confusion?

I was thinking the same thing Alfred... he comes in here rabble rousing Lefty than makes a dash for the exit. Where are you Joey Cabaret?

That's pretty much the sum of his interactions. The fight with Henry, the push on the late John Rooney, and the earlier push on Cabot. It took him a while to get off of Cabot and move to Rooney.

I really don't see anything else.

I don't have a job where I'm by a computer all day like a lot of you guys do so some days I can't post as much as I would like to. I was able to post a lot more on Tuesday and Wednesday cause I was just studying for finals. Yesterday was night phase and I didn't really have anything to share. Today I was busy had a final on the morning, train ride in the afternoon all time with no internet.

BTW Ace Rothstein I wouldn't complain about my post count when you have the same amount as me.

I didn't say anything about your post count. That's twice already in this game you've tried to misrepresent my suspicions of you.

Archived