JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

I don't think that's Jets Babe and I suspect I will be proven right over the next few days..

As to the rest of this, I don't know what Rooney's alignment, but I've seen scum and roleless townies both go down without swinging, so I don't think it's a tell..

The bottom line for me is that he was gone for 2 complete days, got a little bit of heat and responded within an hour. That's someone to me that's been monitoring the thread and not posting. Considering he posted how excited he was to play with these alts, it doesn't add up and it's the best I've got to go on right now..

On the JB front, I think it's the broad. Same flaky posting style, same impusliveness. All we need is to here to make unenforceable side bets concerning her claim of innocence.

On the JR white flag front, it does seem like someone who has been monitoring the thread considering he first posted at night and when he got heat he posted during the day. He's on right now by his posts above.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would have been very pro-town of Carlito 1.0 to give us any insight he thought he had about any character in this game before being replaced. The argument that he would become a NK target because of his ideas evaporated as soon as he knew he was leaving the game.

Just sayin'.

The fact that he had to leave the game indicates that he no longer had time to play the game, and therefore its entirely reasonable that he didn't come back to post those thoughts. Plus, why would he try to screw over the person who's taking over for him?

Just sayin'.

The fact that he had to leave the game indicates that he no longer had time to play the game, and therefore its entirely reasonable that he didn't come back to post those thoughts. Plus, why would he try to screw over the person who's taking over for him?

Just sayin'.

It's really not a big deal to me, but your logic is flawed. If he had time to send Doggin a PM that he had to go, he could've taken another three minutes out of his busy life to post in the thread one last time, too.

The irony is awesome, though. Carlito 1.0 drew a little heat for guessing about who's behind the alts while Carlito 2.0 is the only alt that the rest of us are probably 100% certain about. :lol:

Just sayin'.

Are you subtlety crying about how you never get a chance to get past the first round again?

So is this a vote a method of euthenasia? From my last post till now (and JR finally appearing) I get the feeling that JR is a townie backed into a corner who doesn't give a damn anymore (as you and the Don mentioned). For that reason I wouldn't want to vote for him, and definately not drop the hammer. Even if that ahole Cabot thinks JR being a "faggot" is a good reason to vote for him.

As to Carlito 2.0, we all know it's Carla now and this is how she plays. I doubt she's someone of significance.

And you seriously insult other people's intelligence? Wow.

It's really not a big deal to me, but your logic is flawed. If he had time to send Doggin a PM that he had to go, he could've taken another three minutes out of his busy life to post in the thread one last time, too.

The irony is awesome, though. Carlito 1.0 drew a little heat for guessing about who's behind the alts while Carlito 2.0 is the only alt that the rest of us are probably 100% certain about. :lol:

And 100% wrong about :P

"Seriously insult"? No, I haven't seriously insulted other people's intelligence. It was all in jest.

But you, sir, are an ahole. And I say that seriously.

OK, guys . . . we're edging into territory that happens, sometimes, in the first few alts games. With anonymity, people tend to be a bit more . . . vicious . . . than they would if they were using their usual SNs. It happened in the first alts game on Dragonmount, too.

Just remember you all (well, most of you :biggrin:) like each other, and dial it back a bit, ok?

[quote=Lefty Ruggerio;1270461

But you, sir, are an ahole. And I say that seriously.

Wow 50 pages of post and this is the conclusion you draw.

Today we seem further from having any clue what is going on. It's interesting that a good majority of the people voting for Rooney think he's not scum. Then part of that group thinks we should off him because he doesn't care or isn't trying.

To me he seems to be playing very similar to the poster with the erection in his name. Just saying....

OK, guys . . . we're edging into territory that happens, sometimes, in the first few alts games. With anonymity, people tend to be a bit more . . . vicious . . . than they would if they were using their usual SNs. It happened in the first alts game on Dragonmount, too.

Just remember you all (well, most of you :biggrin:) like each other, and dial it back a bit, ok?

So you're saying Lefty is Vicious then? I can read between the lines, thanks for the help.

Yes sir, Mr. Hagan.

A player who is inactive or indifferent will only hurt the side that they are on later in the game, be it innocents or mafia. Since Rooney seems so unwilling to make contributions, and has spent large amounts of time being inactive, its better to off him now and keep the people who are contributing to the game, since they are all contributing more information to the game, and will do a better job at picking off the scum.

As of currently we have 19 players, the most common ratio for mafia is 3:1, which means there is 4 or 5 mafia in this game most likely, I'm banking on four, since we have a cult with us too. This means we have time to find our mafia, and losing one innocent who is not helpful at the beginning of the game won't hurt that much.

As such, killing off Rooney, despite most likely being an innocent, makes more sense than not. Vote: Rooney

vote john Rooney

I gave him ample chance to claim and he has not. Unless something drastic occurs I don't see anyone else getting lynched today. At worst we are getting rid of dead weight that will make it tougher down the road to sort out. I think we've learned a fair amount, and we can start learning more by morning.

Frank, if carlito 2.0 is not jb someone is doing an amazing job.

A player who is inactive or indifferent will only hurt the side that they are on later in the game, be it innocents or mafia. Since Rooney seems so unwilling to make contributions, and has spent large amounts of time being inactive, its better to off him now and keep the people who are contributing to the game, since they are all contributing more information to the game, and will do a better job at picking off the scum.

As of currently we have 19 players, the most common ratio for mafia is 3:1, which means there is 4 or 5 mafia in this game most likely, I'm banking on four, since we have a cult with us too. This means we have time to find our mafia, and losing one innocent who is not helpful at the beginning of the game won't hurt that much.

As such, killing off Rooney, despite most likely being an innocent, makes more sense than not. Vote: Rooney

Doggin said there were 4 in his signup thread.

After whatseems like interminable discussion, the town reaches a conclusion - whether he's a JIer or not, John Rooney needs to go. The top hat, the shoes . . . lets face it, he's trying too hard. He could probably use the rest, anyway. Even if sleeping with the fishes does tend to be rather permanent.

image.php?u=242&dateline=1233549276&type=thumb

Thor99 (John Rooney), a roleless townie, has been lynched.

Night will end at 1pm Eastern on Friday, so please send me any night actions before then or they will be forfeited

*Note - Thor99 is the flavor-name PMd to John Rooney, not (necessarily) the player behind the alt. The actual Thor99 may still be in this game, may actually have been John Rooney, or might be wearing his Jets thong on the beachand not be in this game at all. The people behind the alts will be revealed only at endgame.

Final Vote Count:

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (1) - Tony Montana

Joe Cabbot (2) - Virgil Sollozo, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (11) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro, Joe Cabot, Carlito Brigante, Al Capone

Nicky Santoro (2) - Henry Hill, John Rooney

Doggin said there were 4 in his signup thread.

Thats good to know, I've gone and read the signup thread now. I hadn't read it initially, seeing as I didn't sign up for the game originally. Still backs up my point though.

And Rooney, Mr. Capone is right, there was nothing even remotely speedy about this lynch.

I see your farewell post has the same vigor the rest of your contributions have had.

You were the first to be voted and it has lasted several days. What is your definition of a slow lynch?

And yes, I'm not opposed to shooting a dead body to male sure the job is done right. ;p

:rl:

OK, I'll dial it back a bit.

Doesn't change the fact that the alt Cabot (not the person playing him) is an ahole. :D

After whatseems like interminable discussion, the town reaches a conclusion - whether he's a JIer or not, John Rooney needs to go. The top hat, the shoes . . . lets face it, he's trying too hard. He could probably use the rest, anyway. Even if sleeping with the fishes does tend to be rather permanent.

image.php?u=242&dateline=1233549276&type=thumb

Thor99 (John Rooney), a roleless townie, has been lynched.

Night will end at 1pm Eastern on Friday, so please send me any night actions before then or they will be forfeited

*Note - Thor99 is the flavor-name PMd to John Rooney, not (necessarily) the player behind the alt. The actual Thor99 may still be in this game, may actually have been John Rooney, or might be wearing his Jets thong on the beachand not be in this game at all. The people behind the alts will be revealed only at endgame.

Final Vote Count:

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (1) - Tony Montana

Joe Cabbot (2) - Virgil Sollozo, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (11) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro, Joe Cabot, Carlito Brigante, Al Capone

Nicky Santoro (2) - Henry Hill, John Rooney

That sucks, but I just dont understand why he didnt put up a fight. It wouldnt surprise me if it really was Thor. They kind of play the same way. Thor posts sporadically and then doesnt give a ton of detail. It sucks we lost a townie, but if he continued to play that way, us townies would have been in bad shape from his lack of contribution further down the road. Lets be happy we didnt lynch a townie with a power role.

LOL at Rooney (who ever he is) calling this a speed lynch.

One of the 4 or 5 slowest lynches in JN history, and he calls it a speed lynch, lol.

Well lets see what happens tonight...should be interesting (as for once, no one melted down, and no one has hinted at a role)

I dont know about that, I think I would classify Lefty's reaction and Joe's douchebaggery meltdowns...but thats just me...especially considering they have done 180's.

I dont know about that, I think I would classify Lefty's reaction and Joe's douchebaggery meltdowns...but thats just me...especially considering they have done 180's.

Compared to the last couple of games...they aren't meltdowns :P

That sucks, but I just dont understand why he didnt put up a fight. It wouldnt surprise me if it really was Thor. They kind of play the same way. Thor posts sporadically and then doesnt give a ton of detail. It sucks we lost a townie, but if he continued to play that way, us townies would have been in bad shape from his lack of contribution further down the road. Lets be happy we didnt lynch a townie with a power role.

LOL at Rooney (who ever he is) calling this a speed lynch.

+1

It definately sucks that a townie was lynched, but he wasn't a power role, and the town still has an advantage number wise. Another benefit is that no one was forced to role reveal with this first lynch, so the power guys can stay annonymous and go about their business without the hightened threat of being NKd.

As to Rooney specifically, there's speculation he was a newbie player, but I think he was experienced. These alts allow for annonymity so he may have thought he could coast under the radar, something he couldn't do in the prior games because of who he was.

Compared to the last couple of games...they aren't meltdowns :P

Yeah, compared to other games those were definately not meltdowns. This has been a mild, long first day (except in John Rooney-verse).

Hey, maybe Rooney's alias is an old guy so a week and 500 posts seems fast? :D

Archived