JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Good morning, everyone. A quick look around the boards reveals a few missing faces.

image.php?u=4546&dateline=1241569516&type=thumb

DanX (Michael Corleone), the town Finder, is dead.

image.php?u=64&dateline=1240019136&type=profile

124 (Nicky Santoro) the town Vigilante, is dead

Day 2 has begun. With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... this is not good for us. Ok, this is an important lynch we have going on. I as of right now dont' have any favorites but these two deaths could mean we have:

Townies

Scum

Cult

Serial Killer

Was Nicky going at anyone in particular that you guys think might have wanted him dead?

A cop down this early is going to make this very difficult. It would appear our Vig took out our Cop, and the scum took out our Vig. Bad night.

@Doggin

Is there anyway within the rules for Michael to reveal his investigation (if he made one last night) although he's dead now?

Nope. He's dead, therefore can add nothing more to the game, including his investigations from last night, unfortunately.

Wow... this is not good for us. Ok, this is an important lynch we have going on. I as of right now dont' have any favorites but these two deaths could mean we have:

Townies

Scum

Cult

Serial Killer

Was Nicky going at anyone in particular that you guys think might have wanted him dead?

I thought it makes sense the Vig took him out, no?

Townies

Scum

Cult

Serial Killer

Or did Nicky kill Michael?

@Doggin. Can Nicky tell us if he took out Michael?

As to the last point, Hill and Nicky were going at it. But that's a pretty big bullseye to put on your back if Hill took him out.

It does make sense but please tell me how my thoughts don't make sense?

I'm assuming worst case scenario here Tommy- but now in retrospect it wouldn't make sense to have a Vig and a SK... so you are probably closer to hitting it on the head then I am.

Lefty: No, dead is dead, the point of killing him is to ensure that his investigation does not get out.

Well, this blows, but what I want to know was: Who made the second kill, was it Nicky? Or is there another party out there who can do the killing?

Not that we can find that out yet, but with Doggin Games, its hard to be sure. Logically, Nicky killed our Finder, but realistically... did he?

I think the first task is to go through and case our 3 dead people, figure out who they interacted strongly with, and who they were pointing fingers at.

**Correction--as for why the Vig is dead, I'm not sure. We'll have to go back and look at things. However, lets keep in mind it's not likely the scum would be obvious to have a direct conflict with someone and kill him night 1.

Lefty: No, dead is dead, the point of killing him is to ensure that his investigation does not get out.

Well, this blows, but what I want to know was: Who made the second kill, was it Nicky? Or is there another party out there who can do the killing?

Not that we can find that out yet, but with Doggin Games, its hard to be sure. Logically, Nicky killed our Finder, but realistically... did he?

I think the first task is to go through and case our 3 dead people, figure out who they interacted strongly with, and who they were pointing fingers at.

Brigante mi hermano- I like your thinking. We can't dismiss a n00b scum move as well. Let us not forget that there is also that not only on top of these two deaths... the possibility of a conversion to the cult so the town could be down 3 players....

Brigante mi hermano- I like your thinking. We can't dismiss a n00b scum move as well. Let us not forget that there is also that not only on top of these two deaths... the possibility of a conversion to the cult so the town could be down 3 players....

Yes, this does not bode well for us.

It does make sense but please tell me how my thoughts don't make sense?

I'm assuming worst case scenario here Tommy- but now in retrospect it wouldn't make sense to have a Vig and a SK... so you are probably closer to hitting it on the head then I am.

I REALLY hope thats not the case. If there are both, here are our scenarios...

1) The Vig chose not to kill, and was killed by the SK. Problem #1--our Vig was obviously a very good player, as it would take a smarter player to not kill as the Vig on night 1. Problem #2--now we have an SK that can tear into us at free will each night.

2) The Vig chose to kill, but was blocked by a Mafia roleblocker type role. Was then, in turn, killed by the SK. So we lose our Vig, know there is an SK, AND the mafia has a roleblocker. Not good.

3) The Vig chose not to kill, and the mafia has two ways to kill. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.....And I very much hope not.

Hopefully this is as plain as it seems. Anything otherwise only gets worse for the town.

I don't know if Doggin clarified this... but the cult can ONLY convert correct?

That's my understanding, yes. Plus they're trying to get bigger than the remaining players so killing on night 1 would make no sense, even if they could.

Yes, this does not bode well for us.

Unless, Nicky was the target of conversion by the Cult leader and rather than be converted he shot himself.

Don't know if that's possible. But if Nicky was PM that he was being converted before he submitted his night action he may have submitted a kill on himself.

But if there's a Mafia, 2 Cult Members now, and SK, then that is bad.

Townies

Scum

Cult

Serial Killer

Well, I was going back and forth with him, and was the only one. If you think I'm dumb enough to draw attention to myself by voting for him when he had no votes rather than just jumping on the Rooney train, then to kill him at night as the only person attacking him, then lynch me today.

Also, I don't think there's a serial killer. My guess is we now have 4 scum, 2 cult members, and a doctor, to say the least. I think Nicky killed Michael, the cop.

That's my understanding, yes. Plus they're trying to get bigger than the remaining players so killing on night 1 would make no sense, even if they could.

This would make the most sense. As of right now I think the best plan of attack is to analyze who Nicky went back and forth with. I think it's a good possibility that like you said Nicky killed Michael and was then done in by the scum.

Hopefully we hit with this lynch, and then the next NP will tell us if there is an SK or not if we see two deaths. At this point I think whoever the doc (and I do hope we have one) shouldn't get cute and just self protect.

This would make the most sense. As of right now I think the best plan of attack is to analyze who Nicky went back and forth with. I think it's a good possibility that like you said Nicky killed Michael and was then done in by the scum.

Hopefully we hit with this lynch, and then the next NP will tell us if there is an SK or not if we see two deaths. At this point I think whoever the doc (and I do hope we have one) shouldn't get cute and just self protect.

And potentially lose our doctor? I believe the doctor should self-protect until we have confirmed innocents or reason to protect people for specific purposes.

@Doggin

Is there anyway within the rules for Michael to reveal his investigation (if he made one last night) although he's dead now?

Not unless he's revived and returned to the game. Which may or may not be an ability in this game. So . . . right now, no. Later? PAFO

And potentially lose our doctor? I believe the doctor should self-protect until we have confirmed innocents or reason to protect people for specific purposes.

You misunderstand my post Turk, I mean get cute and protect others. The smart play is self protect. We need him more then anyone right now.

Henry- I'm not implicating you, but your trades with him in the night can't be unaccounted for. I dont' believe you to be that dumb but you can't rule out anything in this game. The town just took a huge hit, we need to try and find anything.

Could be n00b scum move as well...

Brigante mi hermano- I like your thinking. We can't dismiss a n00b scum move as well.

This would make the most sense. As of right now I think the best plan of attack is to analyze who Nicky went back and forth with.

Wow.

In under 1 hour, 4 posts suddenly pointing at me.

vote Tony Montana.

He's definitely setting me up.

Wow.

In under 1 hour, 4 posts suddenly pointing at me.

vote Tony Montana.

He's definitely setting me up.

Henry... did you not look at the post I just put up? I'm not trying to set anything up hermano, I'm stating what is the OBVIOUS. We need to search for answers here.

You misunderstand my post Turk, I mean get cute and protect others. The smart play is self protect. We need him more then anyone right now.

Henry- I'm not implicating you, but your trades with him in the night can't be unaccounted for. I dont' believe you to be that dumb but you can't rule out anything in this game. The town just took a huge hit, we need to try and find anything.

My mistake.

You say overtly that you're not trying to set me up, but the reality is that's exactly what you're doing.

This isn't defensive. It's an attack, because you're obviously trying to turn the day on me. We're not one page past the death scene and you've mentioned me 4 times. I know what you're doing.

If you win today, then you'll be killed tomorrow when I flip innocent. So, while my death will hurt the towns numbers, vote for me.

You say overtly that you're not trying to set me up, but the reality is that's exactly what you're doing.

This isn't defensive. It's an attack, because you're obviously trying to turn the day on me. We're not one page past the death scene and you've mentioned me 4 times. I know what you're doing.

If you win today, then you'll be killed tomorrow when I flip innocent. So, while my death will hurt the towns numbers, vote for me.

Henry- I'm not going to get into to it with you. Believe what you want. How bout this, rather then be defensive for what is now the second time, why don't you try and tell me what you think we should do here?

Because I dont' have any better ideas outside of who Nicky interacted with. I don't got no FOS, no vote, nothing out on no one. My ears are open.

Archived