JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

These forums frighten and confuse me, I'm positive that when I first went through this thread I scanned through more than 40 pages, hence my numbers in the 40's. But when I went to go back through I realised that there's only 23...

So, now I've gone and read the entire thread, and I have a better idea on whats going on here.

unvote

This game isn't dragging nearly as much as I had thought it was, at 40some pages, so what I said before... don't scrap that, its all still true, but just not nearly so pressing.

A few notes that stood out to me when reading the thread:

Nicky: Loudmouth, likes to share his every thought, as many of them a waste of bandwidth as useful

Rooney: Inactive and appears to have given up. I think he just assumes he's going to die with this many votes on him and doesn't care anymore.

Carlito: Seemed like he was attempting to figure out who was behind the alts to determine scum, which is flawed logic to say the least. Marlon Brando jumped all over him for this, a bit too much I think.

Lefty / Cabot: Two big nasty personalities rubbed the wrong way at first, and seriously guys, lighten up a bit, smile and be happy.

Michael Corleone: Dangerous player, watch out for him, I feel like he's the guy who will have us all wrapped around his finger.

That said, I'm not prepared to vote quite yet, I want to take a bit more time to think things over first.

Why did you evaluate yourself. You should know if Carlito is innocent.

But I like that you are trying to contribute. Former Carlito did not want to share ideas with us.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what I think about Rooney at this point. I think he might be Woody with his short answers and long disappearances. Players get themselves into trouble in this game when they get too emotional, too, so maybe he's purposely playing it extra cool.

I do believe that going after inactives on the first day is a good strategy. Not necessarily to lynch, but to get them to contribute. And I can say I'm not impressed with Rooney's contributions when pressed.

Like here when Virgil asks him an essay question:

And Rooney answers with a sentence.

I think he's had time to catch up on the thread, but still no ideas on anyone else? Still the same idea about Marcellus?

No, John, you're not being helpful.

And this also reeks of bull****. Two days ago he didn't know who the character was, he still hasn't seen the movie (why not? you had 2 days), but a little research on IMDB and now he's "getting into character." Okay. :rolleyes:

I trust Michael's judgement, but I'm not seeing any good reason to remove my vote just yet.

I am uncertain of this Rooney. No one defends him or fights for another train. I sense scum are waiting for somebody to drop the hammer.

Could be Rooney is one of the guys that is always indifferent. I have difficulty reading him.

What makes you trust Michael?

Finally at a computer and caught up on the thread guys. I placed the 7th vote on John Rooney at 1:28 yesterday and he finally returned at 4:08. I think its probably safe to say he's legitimately tied up at work as a 2 1/2 hour difference combined with the post being at a time of day I'd guess you normal people (please don't read too much into that, its just a comment on my 330pm-430am shift) get off work.

However, since returning to the thread Rooney has 15 posts and it took to the 15th to finally provide any sort of substantial commentary.

I just don't see how I can prove myself as non-scum. The only ****ed up thing I did was have a short hiatus that did NOT get in the way of a deadline, whatsoever...which is why I asked if there was a deadline in the first place. I haven't voted erratically, haven't made any scummy remarks, and I have been around today. Like I said, I'm not purposely being "inactive" like scum. I was inactive because I had real-world scheduling conflicts. All is well now.

John finally defends himself with this post but we still don't know why his vote is still on Marcellus other than "he's a whiny bitch"? We still have no thoughts on anyone else? I know its day 1 and all, but honestly nothing? 14 other posts almost all one liners providing us with nothing really? Sorry Johnny, but I personally have seen nothing from those 15 posts which make me uncomfortable with my vote.

Why did you evaluate yourself. You should know if Carlito is innocent.

But I like that you are trying to contribute. Former Carlito did not want to share ideas with us.

I am fully aware of my innocence, I evaluated him because I don't want what another Carlito was doing coming back to bite me in the ass, so I was putting out my take on what I thought he was trying to do. What he was doing is flawed, but doesn't look scummy to me.

I'm completely and totally thrown off by whatever it is Carlito is trying to do. Not implying good or bad guy...just a bit confused by all of the last few posts.

Yes, he is confusing to say the least. And John Rooney's lack of a defense is concerning as well. Its almost like he doesnt care.

Walking into a 40 page plus thread is daunting, I was planning on going back about 10 pages or so to catch up, but I felt that I needed to get that part out there first.

But I believe I covered the rest in my post above.

Hey genius, change the posts page setting to 40, it'll only be 10-11 pages. Maybe it won't seem so daunting. :rolleyes:

Carlito: Seemed like he was attempting to figure out who was behind the alts to determine scum, which is flawed logic to say the least. Marlon Brando jumped all over him for this, a bit too much I think.

It would have been very pro-town of Carlito 1.0 to give us any insight he thought he had about any character in this game before being replaced. The argument that he would become a NK target because of his ideas evaporated as soon as he knew he was leaving the game.

Just sayin'.

I am uncertain of this Rooney. No one defends him or fights for another train. I sense scum are waiting for somebody to drop the hammer.

Could be Rooney is one of the guys that is always indifferent. I have difficulty reading him.

What makes you trust Michael?

That was strictly an "in character" comment. I do have family here. ;) But I guess I should either ease up on those, or make them more obvious.

I'm more inclined to think that Rooney's just a non-contributor rather than scum, but I'm not sure of that, either. You may be right that scum are waiting for the hammer to drop. But I think the lack of other trains might be the town getting tired of chasing it's tail on day one, too.

If there are other avenues to explore, let's go down them. Michael did make the point that we could maybe let this day phase last a couple more days to get more info. That's an option, too. I'm in no rush. But for now, knowing that the first lynch is always something of a crapshoot, I'll keep my vote on Rooney because I don't think losing him will hurt the town's chances much. I'd rather take out a non-contributor than someone who seems to be trying to get to the bottom of things. Sometimes a strong innocent player will ruffle some feathers trying to get his point across, a case gets built against him, and then we really lose someone valuable. I'd rather not see that happen with the first lynch.

Vote Count:

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (2) - John Rooney, Tony Montana

Joe Cabbot (2) - Virgil Sollozo, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (8) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro

Sonny LoSpecchio (1) - Joe Cabot

Nicky Santoro (1) - Henry Hill

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

It would have been very pro-town of Carlito 1.0 to give us any insight he thought he had about any character in this game before being replaced. The argument that he would become a NK target because of his ideas evaporated as soon as he knew he was leaving the game.

Just sayin'.

That was strictly an "in character" comment. I do have family here. ;) But I guess I should either ease up on those, or make them more obvious.

I'm more inclined to think that Rooney's just a non-contributor rather than scum, but I'm not sure of that, either. You may be right that scum are waiting for the hammer to drop. But I think the lack of other trains might be the town getting tired of chasing it's tail on day one, too.

If there are other avenues to explore, let's go down them. Michael did make the point that we could maybe let this day phase last a couple more days to get more info. That's an option, too. I'm in no rush. But for now, knowing that the first lynch is always something of a crapshoot, I'll keep my vote on Rooney because I don't think losing him will hurt the town's chances much. I'd rather take out a non-contributor than someone who seems to be trying to get to the bottom of things. Sometimes a strong innocent player will ruffle some feathers trying to get his point across, a case gets built against him, and then we really lose someone valuable. I'd rather not see that happen with the first lynch.

Exellent points Don Corleone, I agree fully. I really believe Ronney is a roleless townie. I also believe that real-life may have kept him away early on. I think that he sees the pile on after coming back to the game, does not have an exciting role, believes that he'll be the lynch almost no-matter what, and is just does not care to make a dramatic plea for survival.

Just seeing the vote count, I realize my vote is serving little purpose at this point and I feel like Rooney had his chance. 15 posts last night and hardly a thing said worth a damn. Does it mean he's guilty? Maybe not, but this is getting out of hand. It feels like he's going out of his way to not contribute.

Vote: Rooney

Vote Count:

Marcellus Wallace (2) - John Rooney, Tony Montana

John Rooney (9) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro, Joe Cabot

Nicky Santoro (1) - Henry Hill

Exellent points Don Corleone, I agree fully. I really believe Ronney is a roleless townie. I also believe that real-life may have kept him away early on. I think that he sees the pile on after coming back to the game, does not have an exciting role, believes that he'll be the lynch almost no-matter what, and is just does not care to make a dramatic plea for survival.

This sums it up.

Perhaps, but its more than just not making a plea for survival, he can't even be bothered contributing thoughts on the game or on other players which would be helpful to us now or upon his death. Let's be honest, a guy like this is going to piss people off with his activity sooner or later to get himself lynched, better it happen now on the first day when, if he is innocent, it does a lot less damage while not losing us a whole lot in terms of contributions.

Well thanks for somewhat siding with me. I care...how am I not caring?

This did make me laugh but sorry Rooney.. I'm not scum and you don't seem interested in helping.

This sums it up.

So YOU just admitted that you thought I was a role-less townie, and before you said you weren't scum. Why would a townie vote for a fellow townie??

Contradictions...

Perhaps, but its more than just not making a plea for survival, he can't even be bothered contributing thoughts on the game or on other players which would be helpful to us now or upon his death. Let's be honest, a guy like this is going to piss people off with his activity sooner or later to get himself lynched, better it happen now on the first day when, if he is innocent, it does a lot less damage while not losing us a whole lot in terms of contributions.

I don't disagree at all Joe. I was just trying to put myself in his head. As I stated previously, I had a semester and a half of college, so I understand psychology, as a concept.

BTW, it was a freakin' shame what happened to Nice Guy Eddie....

And, NS, you posted, "This sums it up" in response to this:

Just sayin'.

You agreed to side with Corleone, and thus agree that I am a "non-contributer rather than scum", which means just a non-contributing townie.

Is you, truly, are a townie...then why would you vote for a fellow townie.

unvote

vote: Nicky Santoro

So YOU just admitted that you thought I was a role-less townie, and before you said you weren't scum. Why would a townie vote for a fellow townie??

Contradictions...

Because you're a faggot, alright?

(I'm sorry, but it had to be done.)

So is this a vote a method of euthenasia? From my last post till now (and JR finally appearing) I get the feeling that JR is a townie backed into a corner who doesn't give a damn anymore (as you and the Don mentioned). For that reason I wouldn't want to vote for him, and definately not drop the hammer. Even if that ahole Cabot thinks JR being a "faggot" is a good reason to vote for him.

As to Carlito 2.0, we all know it's Carla now and this is how she plays. I doubt she's someone of significance.

Vote Count:

Marcellus Wallace (1) - Tony Montana

John Rooney (9) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro, Joe Cabot

Nicky Santoro (2) - Henry Hill, John Rooney

So is this a vote a method of euthenasia? From my last post till now (and JR finally appearing) I get the feeling that JR is a townie backed into a corner who doesn't give a damn anymore (as you and the Don mentioned). For that reason I wouldn't want to vote for him, and definately not drop the hammer. Even if that ahole Cabot thinks JR being a "faggot" is a good reason to vote for him.

As to Carlito 2.0, we all know it's Carla now and this is how she plays. I doubt she's someone of significance.

I don't think that's Jets Babe and I suspect I will be proven right over the next few days..

As to the rest of this, I don't know what Rooney's alignment, but I've seen scum and roleless townies both go down without swinging, so I don't think it's a tell..

The bottom line for me is that he was gone for 2 complete days, got a little bit of heat and responded within an hour. That's someone to me that's been monitoring the thread and not posting. Considering he posted how excited he was to play with these alts, it doesn't add up and it's the best I've got to go on right now..

I don't think that's Jets Babe and I suspect I will be proven right over the next few days..

As to the rest of this, I don't know what Rooney's alignment, but I've seen scum and roleless townies both go down without swinging, so I don't think it's a tell..

The bottom line for me is that he was gone for 2 complete days, got a little bit of heat and responded within an hour. That's someone to me that's been monitoring the thread and not posting. Considering he posted how excited he was to play with these alts, it doesn't add up and it's the best I've got to go on right now..

You were saying? ;)

Archived