JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10:19pm

As much as I dont like Lefty's reaction to his intial votes, he is at least active and has done a 180.

Unvote: Lefty

Vote: Rooney

Its just totally unexceptable IMO to not post at all in 2 days and not contribute anything whatsoever at this point.

11:23pm

Had to work late. The IRS needs to see a paycheck, ya know?

After not posting for 2 whole days, he shows up 1 hour after accumulating some votes? This seems a little too conveinant..

unvote

vote: Rooney

Vote Count:

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (3) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano

Joe Cabbot (4) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo, Henry Hill, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (4) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello

Sonny LoSpecchio (2) - Joe Cabot, Ace Rothstein

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

I have to agree with Frank and Nicky on this about Rooney. The hit-and-run thing always bothers me. He was my original vote, but I voted for him for BS reasons, but he was an absentee player since the jump. I switched to Marcellus because of his odd tactics, then to Cabot when he showed he was two-face on top of being a misrepresenter, but the Rooney thing hasn't gone away.

That's interesting. I found anotherhttp://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cult'> mafia site that describes a cult this way:

I think it's safe to say that our cult is not a pro-town cult.

Doggin says we only have a cult leader to start of the game, not a team. And I believe he said that only the leader can recruit. So that would agree with the above that if the leader dies, they lose the ability recruit new members. If it worked in such a way that you kill the leader and they all die, it almost makes it beneficial to let the leader do some recruiting for a couple days... I doubt that's the way it operates.

You think the cult can recruit mafia? Here they say the cult leader dies if he tries to recruit mafia. I think I prefer rival scum killing each other.

The Cult leader likely can only recruit at night. There is a possibility of a day action (per the rules), but the odds that it happens at night. So right now there's only a Cult leader.

What would be interesting is if the mafiascum rules are in play whether the Cult leader dies if he tries to recruit mafia.

Pardon me for my absence gentlemen. It is difficult for me to log on at nights.

Rooney's absence is troubling. As Mr. Costello pointed out the timing is curious. I have stayed on Marcellus with that being one of the reasons. To jump in to defend yourself without posting anything of substance during this drawn out day 1 is very curious. For now I will keep my vote on Marcellus but as the Turk has already said, if he does not make his presence felt in a meaningful manner I'll have to change my vote.

After not posting for 2 whole days, he shows up 1 hour after accumulating some votes? This seems a little too conveinant..

unvote

So John Rooney pops in to ask about deadlines then bolts? I'd hate to switch my vote because I feel Cabot is shady but if John doesn't show up soon he'll probably leave us no choice.

Yeah, there is no way I am changing my vote after that appearance/disappearance. Seriously, whats the point of playing? I dont even think he is reading the thread. The guy is serving no purpose in this game whatsoever. At this point, I feel a lot better about eliminating players that have provided no value.

Lefty, Joe, Carlito all worrying me. At least Sonny provided 1 post with substance. But this Rooney character has done nothing...throw Henry Hill in the mix too. He has had 1 serious post this whole game.

If these guys are pro-town, it really puts us at a disadvantage when some of us are trying to figure this thing out...granted we have little to go on...but there lack of contribution doesnt help.

I think I know who you are and it isn't EY if that's what people are thinking, killa.

Sorry about being away so much guys. Important life events are happening that take priority. I should be back to normal by tonight I think.

For now:

unvote: lefty

I don't really know if it makes me a target to guess players, but it's fun to guess.

I see no danger if everyone partakes in guessing. Some may be wrong, some may be right, the same as hunting scum. If anyone is so astute to guess all correctly, he will be a target already. For brilliant posts on other matters.

I say for Ace, maybe Slats. For you, Jets Voice of Reason.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Bleedin' Green was responding, but forgot to login as Rooney. Now, obviously he could not respond immediately after making that mistake. The question is, do I want to vote for Bleedin' Green right now?

I see no danger if everyone partakes in guessing. Some may be wrong, some may be right, the same as hunting scum. If anyone is so astute to guess all correctly, he will be a target already. For brilliant posts on other matters.

I say for Ace, maybe Slats. For you, Jets Voice of Reason.

Ace is shutout imo. Hence the killer reference.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Bleedin' Green was responding, but forgot to login as Rooney. Now, obviously he could not respond immediately after making that mistake. The question is, do I want to vote for Bleedin' Green right now?

The issue is Henry my friend, is that BG has been plenty active on this website. That means he's not logging in for a reason. Now that we probably know that he is BG we must factor in previous games where he was EXCELLENT at being scum, and he did that by laying very, very low. I will await his response.

I'm going out fishing with my brother, so I won't be back until later tonight.

For those of you with "New Kid on the Block" still under their name as their user title, you can go into your User CP>Edit Your Details and customize it. It's the first thing under date of birth.

The issue is Henry my friend, is that BG has been plenty active on this website. That means he's not logging in for a reason. Now that we probably know that he is BG we must factor in previous games where he was EXCELLENT at being scum, and he did that by laying very, very low. I will await his response.

Good point, Tony, if Rooney really is BG. His activity here vs. on the other forums could not be more different.

I'm going out fishing with my brother, so I won't be back until later tonight.

For those of you with "New Kid on the Block" still under their name as their user title, you can go into your User CP>Edit Your Details and customize it. It's the first thing under date of birth.

Which poster has a brother and goes fishing? ;)

Norway?

Yeah but there's a difference between laying low and being blatantly inactive. That is not Bleedin's style and so I doubt he's Ronney not that it really matters.

Yeah but there's a difference between laying low and being blatantly inactive. That is not Bleedin's style and so I doubt he's Ronney not that it really matters.

Exactly... after modding the last game he's probably itching to play. I don't think there's a chance he comes in here to be a mute. As a pseudo intellectual BG would be compelled to share his "wisdom" with us even if keeping his trap shut served his best interests.

The posts are weird though..

He posts at 11:43, 11:50 and then 10 minutes later at 12:00, he's already logged in as bleedin and forgot to log back out? Maybe he's using 2 browsers or something, but maybe bleedin's alias is one that hasn't commented in awhile (which would seem to be the more likely timing in regards to screwing up)

The posts are weird though..

He posts at 11:43, 11:50 and then 10 minutes later at 12:00, he's already logged in as bleedin and forgot to log back out? Maybe he's using 2 browsers or something, but maybe bleedin's alias is one that hasn't commented in awhile (which would seem to be the more likely timing in regards to screwing up)

I actually had thought joe cabot was bg, but seeing as how I likely got you wrong ;) take it for what you will.

Interesting point about Rooney. If he gets a couple more votes but is still acting the same, he most like either doesnt care or really isn't around very much. I'm interested to see what he does...

Vote: John Rooney

Well that puts him at L-5 (sorry Jimmy). I'm gonna vote: John Rooney as well and see what happens.

unvote

Despite speculation about the man behind the alt, this is the post that sticks out most to me since I was last here. I'm always interested in the timing of these things and while normally I'd say an hour isn't that big of a deal, when you've been completely gone for 2 days it kinda amplifies your sudden reappearance. Sonny started talking last night after a few votes got added to him so lets see if it works again.

Unvote

Vote: John Rooney

BTW guys I'm working again today/tonight. I'll be able to get on for another hour or so and then I may not be able to get back to a computer until tomorrow morning. I promise though to sign in as soon as I do no matter the time, be it 4 am or noon or anywhere in between.

Vote Count:

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (3) - John Rooney, Tony Montana, Tony Soprano

Joe Cabbot (4) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo, Henry Hill, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (7) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein

Sonny LoSpecchio (1) - Joe Cabot

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

I completely agree on the Rooney stance people have taken, but as Tommy said, I think 7 votes is a good place for him to be at for now. I'd rather not put him too close to lynch without allowing him to speak up (that's bitten us in the ass in the past), so I'll hold off on piling on. Depending on what he has to say, I may be inclined to change my vote to him though.

Since Rooney was so interested in deadlines I'll give him one. If he doesn't say something coherent by midnight he's got my vote-- whether it be the 8th or the hammer.

For an unreasonable little prick, that's a pretty reasonable offer. I do think Rooney needs to come share his thoughts before anymore votes are put on him. Yet, not much can be done until he does.

Has Doggin given us a limit on Day 1 yet?

For an unreasonable little prick, that's a pretty reasonable offer. I do think Rooney needs to come share his thoughts before anymore votes are put on him. Yet, not much can be done until he does.

Has Doggin given us a limit on Day 1 yet?

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that first part Fredo Lay. That's your only pass.

Since Rooney was so interested in deadlines I'll give him one. If he doesn't say something coherent by midnight he's got my vote-- whether it be the 8th or the hammer.

This was Rooney's last post in the thread. It was made at 11:50 pm last night:

Do we have a deadline at all for this vote?

He made a previous post at 11:23 pm last night, and then his previous post before that was 2 days earlier on May 10 at 11:24 pm.

So he should be posting again by midnight if his last 3 posts are any indication. I don't know it will be enough, though, because he has really been MIA.

Archived