JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting point about Rooney. If he gets a couple more votes but is still acting the same, he most like either doesnt care or really isn't around very much. I'm interested to see what he does...

Vote: John Rooney

And you too....we have about the same amount of posts. Nice.

And you too....we have about the same amount of posts. Nice.

Re-read. This whole thing is not solely on post count--it's mostly on what you've said while you're here. You showed back up after getting votes, which would mean you're trying to speed up the lynch on day 1. No problem with that, only that (in my opinion) it's a slight tell that you'd like to push people into lynching one of the two lead vote getters (at that time it was Lefty and Joe).

Generally, the idea of "this is taking too long, hurry up" is advantage scum. We saw it take down JetsBabe and AVM last game, and in my opinion while it can obviously be impatient townies, it seems like it's been a very strong scum instrument in the past.

And quite frankly, you not showing up the past two days, then once we got you up to 7 votes, that day you're magically available at 4/5 PM when you hadn't been around then before just seems awfully convinient. Working 5-6 hours overtime on consecutive days is obviously possible, but like I said, it's also a very convinient scum excuse.

Well look what the cat dragged in. What are your thoughts on what's transpired? Are you still confident in your vote for Marcellus? Why are you still wearing that top hat?

My top hat is for classy gentlemen only. Can't knock the top hat.

Thoughts on what's transpired? All I can say is that I apologize for disappearing and that I'm here now. Still confident for my vote on Marcellus? Of course. He's a little whiney bitch.

Re-read. This whole thing is not solely on post count--it's mostly on what you've said while you're here. You showed back up after getting votes, which would mean you're trying to speed up the lynch on day 1. No problem with that, only that (in my opinion) it's a slight tell that you'd like to push people into lynching one of the two lead vote getters (at that time it was Lefty and Joe).

Generally, the idea of "this is taking too long, hurry up" is advantage scum. We saw it take down JetsBabe and AVM last game, and in my opinion while it can obviously be impatient townies, it seems like it's been a very strong scum instrument in the past.

It honestly wasn't to speed up a lynch. I asked if we had a deadline for the votes because I was tired from work last night and I went to bed early. I was hoping that there wasn't a deadline that night. That's all. Speed-lynching isn't the way to go...and if I'm not mistaken, did you not just jump on the pile-on and voted for me??

And quite frankly, you not showing up the past two days, then once we got you up to 7 votes, that day you're magically available at 4/5 PM when you hadn't been around then before just seems awfully convinient. Working 5-6 hours overtime on consecutive days is obviously possible, but like I said, it's also a very convinient scum excuse.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I'll be here all night. :rim:

Vote Count:

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (2) - John Rooney, Tony Montana

Joe Cabbot (4) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo, Henry Hill, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (8) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano

Sonny LoSpecchio (1) - Joe Cabot

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

Rooney you geriatric son of a bitch we wanted coherent! I happen to think your actions of that are an innocent man as to be that defiant as scum is beyond stupid. While your little song and dance the last hour is cute I strongly advise you to start putting something better together or your gonna find yourself in a hole in the ground!! MAFANGULA!!

Rooney you geriatric son of a bitch we wanted coherent! I happen to think your actions of that are an innocent man as to be that defiant as scum is beyond stupid. While your little song and dance the last hour is cute I strongly advise you to start putting something better together or your gonna find yourself in a hole in the ground!! MAFANGULA!!

Not long ago you were putting a hammer deadline on him. Now he's got the actions of an innocent man?

Not long ago you were putting a hammer deadline on him. Now he's got the actions of an innocent man?

Yes cokehead and I'll tell you why. IMO scum would come in here and field the questions much more seriously. His Henny Youngman routine is either that of someone that's lost his marbles or isn't heeding the advice of his fellow scum. That's how I see it but I've been wrong before.

That being said if he is innocent but not interested in helping us (by us I mean town- not sure you're that yet) I'll be the first to drive a stake through his ****ig heart!

Yes cokehead and I'll tell you why. IMO scum would come in here and field the questions much more seriously. His Henny Youngman routine is either that of someone that's lost his marbles or isn't heeding the advice of his fellow scum. That's how I see it but I've been wrong before.

That being said if he is innocent but not interested in helping us (by us I mean town- not sure you're that yet) I'll be the first to drive a stake through his ****ig heart!

Or perhaps scum would do just the opposite, not trying to reach for any excuse as to why his actions weren't guilty and simply try to let the fire burn out rather than extinguish it.

I see you as a vulture, flying around this lynch, but not wanting to get your hands dirty until he's dead. You cast the first vote for him much earlier, lets not forget. I get the feeling, had someone not said something, he'd get hammered, with you off the train, and you'd sit back and say, 'I told you his actions were innocent'. As I said earlier, your trying to establish yourself as a leader Santoro, and I'm not sure you've earned that right.

My top hat is for classy gentlemen only. Can't knock the top hat.

Thoughts on what's transpired? All I can say is that I apologize for disappearing and that I'm here now. Still confident for my vote on Marcellus? Of course. He's a little whiney bitch.

Tell us why Marcellus is scummier than you. Do you have ideas about others, Sonny or Joe for instance.

Or perhaps scum would do just the opposite, not trying to reach for any excuse as to why his actions weren't guilty and simply try to let the fire burn out rather than extinguish it.

I see you as a vulture, flying around this lynch, but not wanting to get your hands dirty until he's dead. You cast the first vote for him much earlier, lets not forget. I get the feeling, had someone not said something, he'd get hammered, with you off the train, and you'd sit back and say, 'I told you his actions were innocent'. As I said earlier, your trying to establish yourself as a leader Santoro, and I'm not sure you've earned that right.

I think the more important question is why your suddenly trying to goad me into a fight? What's with this trying to establish myself as a leader crapola? Seems like your trying to subtlty fabricate some negative energy towards me. Interesting.

And you're wrong about casting the first vote against Rooney, I did no such thing. I'm merely trying to tell him that he's about to die and if he's innocent he better start coming up with something better. That's all Henry. The rest is in your head.

As to my bravado I mentioned it before... I'm just having fun.

What the **** do I have to put together for you?

A model airplane....

WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO PUT TOGETHER?!?!?

A post with coherent reasons as to why you're innocent and who you find suspicious! Look at Virgils question- that would be a start!

Sure, I'll answer your little mafia scum pal Virgil's question.

I think the more important question is why your suddenly trying to goad me into a fight? What's with this trying to establish myself as a leader crapola? Seems like your trying to subtlty fabricate some negative energy towards me. Interesting.

And you're wrong about casting the first vote against Rooney, I did no such thing. I'm merely trying to tell him that he's about to die and if he's innocent he better start coming up with something better. That's all Henry. The rest is in your head.

As to my bravado I mentioned it before... I'm just having fun.

Goad you into a fight? That's awful defensive for a guy that hasn't received a single vote yet. And how is it any more sudden then if I were to do it 2 hours ago? Surely it's not a ploy to save Rooney, as I could have easily just agreed with your 'hasn't done anything wrong sentiment. As to subtile fabricate negative energy, I don't see anything subtile about my questioning of you.

You cast the first vote of the game, and it was for Rooney. Yes, you had other reasons, I'm simply pointing it out. Just like I will point out that besides circling this train, and giving him a 'hammer deadline', you've also been on the following trains when they were at their peak:

Lefty Ruggerio (6) - Joe Cabot, Jimmy Conway, Nicky Santoro, Sonny LoSpecchio, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo

Joe Cabbot (5) - Nicky Santoro, Virgil Sollozo, Henry Hill, Lefty Ruggerio, Tommy DeVito

I never mentioned your 'bravado', that's fine. But you're clearly trying to place yourself as a leader day one. A position I for one do not think you have earned.

But it all comes back to one point. Why are you getting so worked up about a few questions, and no votes?

Does anyone else think it's stupid for scum to come in here and act this way or is Henry's reverse psychology scenario more believable? Hills take is not impossible but I think it's improbable.

vote Nicky.

3 minutes after answer my suggestion that I didn't like his behavior, and with not a single vote on him, he needs to poll the audience to see what they think. Another player has 8 votes on him (9 now, I believe), and Nicky's asking Regis for a lifeline.

Goad you into a fight? That's awful defensive for a guy that hasn't received a single vote yet. And how is it any more sudden then if I were to do it 2 hours ago? Surely it's not a ploy to save Rooney, as I could have easily just agreed with your 'hasn't done anything wrong sentiment. As to subtile fabricate negative energy, I don't see anything subtile about my questioning of you.

I'm not being defensive lol. I was wondering aloud why your focus has shifted on me when Rooney is sitting here about to get lynched.

You cast the first vote of the game, and it was for Rooney. Yes, you had other reasons, I'm simply pointing it out.

Look again... that was before the game had even started (the vote never even counted). I was trying to be funny since we were all being held up by him. If anything this shows that his limited participation could in fact be that he just hasn't been around a computer very often. I hope he's guilty but if he's innocent he's earned my vote because he's not being helpful whatsoever.

I never mentioned your 'bravado', that's fine. But you're clearly trying to place yourself as a leader day one. A position I for one do not think you have earned.

But it all comes back to one point. Why are you getting so worked up about a few questions, and no votes?

By bravado I meant being obnoxious... I realize I have been but it's all in good fun. I think you're equating frequent posting with this trying to be a leader garbage. I'm having fun in this game and feel compelled to post. It's a better alternative to lurking in the background IMO.

To your last question I'm scratching my head... I'm not getting worked up. At all.

I'm not being defensive lol. I was wondering aloud why your focus has shifted on me when Rooney is sitting here about to get lynched.

Because maybe Rooney's innocent, and maybe we should be looking for other options. In the last few hours you've gone from 'hammer deadline', to 'think he's innocent' to 'vote: Rooney'

And saying 'I'm not being defensive', doesn't mean you're not being defensive.

Archived