JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Ah, I see your now on the Rooney train.

Well, that's 3 trains you've been on when they were at their peak. The only one you were not part of was Wallace, when he hit 5 votes.

I voted Lefty for the overreaction on day 1 and was the first vote on Cabot (who I still think is shady). Hardly bandwaggoning Henry. These "stats" are misleading and inflammatory. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here but anyone that's been reading the game knows my votes weren't as peculiar as you're trying to make them seem.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote Count:

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Sonny LoSpecchio

Marcellus Wallace (2) - John Rooney, Tony Montana

Joe Cabbot (2) - , Virgil Sollozo, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (9) - Michael Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro

Sonny LoSpecchio (1) - Joe Cabot

Nicky Santoro (1) - Henry Hill

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch

I voted Lefty for the overreaction on day 1 and was the first vote on Cabot (who I still think is shady). Hardly bandwaggoning Henry. These "stats" are misleading and inflammatory. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here but anyone that's been reading the game knows my votes weren't as peculiar as you're trying to make them seem.

Did I use the word bandwagonning?

FYI, Carlito Brigante has work issues and asked to be replaced. I'm looking for a replacement now, if I can find one, they will take over the alt. If not, I'll modkill Carlito, and - if he had a role (scum, townie, or otherwise) I will shift that role to a currently roleless player

Because maybe Rooney's innocent, and maybe we should be looking for other options. In the last few hours you've gone from 'hammer deadline', to 'think he's innocent' to 'vote: Rooney'

And saying 'I'm not being defensive', doesn't mean you're not being defensive.

The hammer deadline was my attempt (along with everyone elses) to get him to talk. His reaction when he came had me thinking he's innocent and I explained why. My vote for Rooney is because he doesn't want to help the town... This isn't calculus Henry.

I'm not interested in monopolizing the game so I'll go ahead and wait for everyones thoughts on Rooney. If you want we can continue this little Waltz we have going on later.

Quick thoughts before i reread a 2nd time.

1) This is the part where John Rooney claims. FOS on anyone who hammers before.

2) If John Rooney is a townie, he's currently being very unhelpful and uncooperative. From my point of view it isn't a huge loss to the town if he's gone so long as he's not a power role.

My top hat is for classy gentlemen only. Can't knock the top hat.

Thoughts on what's transpired? All I can say is that I apologize for disappearing and that I'm here now. Still confident for my vote on Marcellus? Of course. He's a little whiney bitch.

It's my first and only vote, and I felt that Marcellus had an attitude problem. Very disrespectful.

So you call me a whiny bitch with an attitude problem and then we get these gems from you.

Who the hell are you to talk?

****, a guy works late and then he gets the pile-on? :rolleyes:

You mother ****er.

What the **** do I have to put together for you?

Hypocritical much?

Quick thoughts before i reread a 2nd time.

1) This is the part where John Rooney claims. FOS on anyone who hammers before.

2) If John Rooney is a townie, he's currently being very unhelpful and uncooperative. From my point of view it isn't a huge loss to the town if he's gone so long as he's not a power role.

How am I being uncooperative?

How am I being uncooperative?

All of your game posts so far have been weak. They are right about that. I'm not convinced that makes you scum necessarily, and chances are day 1 we will lynch wrong, but still, you aren't really helping to solve anything.

again. This is where you claim your role if you have one. Don't give names out.

All of your game posts so far have been weak. They are right about that. I'm not convinced that makes you scum necessarily, and chances are day 1 we will lynch wrong, but still, you aren't really helping to solve anything.

again. This is where you claim your role if you have one. Don't give names out.

I just don't see how I can prove myself as non-scum. The only ****ed up thing I did was have a short hiatus that did NOT get in the way of a deadline, whatsoever...which is why I asked if there was a deadline in the first place. I haven't voted erratically, haven't made any scummy remarks, and I have been around today. Like I said, I'm not purposely being "inactive" like scum. I was inactive because I had real-world scheduling conflicts. All is well now.

I just don't see how I can prove myself as non-scum. The only ****ed up thing I did was have a short hiatus that did NOT get in the way of a deadline, whatsoever...which is why I asked if there was a deadline in the first place. I haven't voted erratically, haven't made any scummy remarks, and I have been around today. Like I said, I'm not purposely being "inactive" like scum. I was inactive because I had real-world scheduling conflicts. All is well now.

Well, you'd better start putting in a little more effort, especially after you get a pile of votes on yourself.

unvote

Does anyone else think it's stupid for scum to come in here and act this way or is Henry's reverse psychology scenario more believable? Hills take is not impossible but I think it's improbable.

I don't know what I think about Rooney at this point. I think he might be Woody with his short answers and long disappearances. Players get themselves into trouble in this game when they get too emotional, too, so maybe he's purposely playing it extra cool.

I do believe that going after inactives on the first day is a good strategy. Not necessarily to lynch, but to get them to contribute. And I can say I'm not impressed with Rooney's contributions when pressed.

Like here when Virgil asks him an essay question:

Tell us why Marcellus is scummier than you. Do you have ideas about others, Sonny or Joe for instance.

And Rooney answers with a sentence.

I think he's had time to catch up on the thread, but still no ideas on anyone else? Still the same idea about Marcellus?

No, John, you're not being helpful.

Never saw Road to Peridition. Did some research on IMDB.

And this also reeks of bull****. Two days ago he didn't know who the character was, he still hasn't seen the movie (why not? you had 2 days), but a little research on IMDB and now he's "getting into character." Okay. :rolleyes:

I trust Michael's judgement, but I'm not seeing any good reason to remove my vote just yet.

I don't know what I think about Rooney at this point. I think he might be Woody with his short answers and long disappearances. Players get themselves into trouble in this game when they get too emotional, too, so maybe he's purposely playing it extra cool.

I do believe that going after inactives on the first day is a good strategy. Not necessarily to lynch, but to get them to contribute. And I can say I'm not impressed with Rooney's contributions when pressed.

Like here when Virgil asks him an essay question:

And Rooney answers with a sentence.

I think he's had time to catch up on the thread, but still no ideas on anyone else? Still the same idea about Marcellus?

No, John, you're not being helpful.

And this also reeks of bull****. Two days ago he didn't know who the character was, he still hasn't seen the movie (why not? you had 2 days), but a little research on IMDB and now he's "getting into character." Okay. :rolleyes:

I trust Michael's judgement, but I'm not seeing any good reason to remove my vote just yet.

If I knew for sure that it was Woody, I would put my vote back on him. He nearly lost it for the town last game by being completely worthless.

FYI, Carlito Brigante has work issues and asked to be replaced. I'm looking for a replacement now, if I can find one, they will take over the alt. If not, I'll modkill Carlito, and - if he had a role (scum, townie, or otherwise) I will shift that role to a currently roleless player

Carlito's another guy that I have an ugly feeling about. I hope you get someone to fill the role. I'd rather be able to keep track of him as is than to have anything he might be transferred elsewhere.

Vote Count:

Joe Cabbot (2) - Virgil Sollozo, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (8) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro

Also, Carlito Brigante has been replaced by Carlito Brigante (2.0)

Hello all,

My name is Doggin, and I'll be yo-

err..

I'm a lover, not a fighter! I swear! I'm not taking over your game Doggin! Please don't kill me! *cringes*

So, I read the first 11 pages of the thread, realised that you were 40some pages in on day one, and skipped to page 40 to see whats up.

First: Why is there 40 pages without a lynch? Seriously, Day 1 can't tell you enough in itself, you need a lynch to get information. As such, here's what I recommend:

Lynch Roonie, he has the most votes so far, and there's been a lot of play around him from what I can tell, so you will get lots of information out of it. You need the information to really progress with the game, sitting on day one for another 20 pages is just going to make peoples eyes bleed, and we're still going to learn nothing.

As such, vote: John Rooney

Alright, somebody give us a hammer vote, this day needs to end. Day two should give us all reams of information to find our baddies with.

Hello all,

err..

I'm a lover, not a fighter! I swear! I'm not taking over your game Doggin! Please don't kill me! *cringes*

So, I read the first 11 pages of the thread, realised that you were 40some pages in on day one, and skipped to page 40 to see whats up.

First: Why is there 40 pages without a lynch? Seriously, Day 1 can't tell you enough in itself, you need a lynch to get information. As such, here's what I recommend:

Lynch Roonie, he has the most votes so far, and there's been a lot of play around him from what I can tell, so you will get lots of information out of it. You need the information to really progress with the game, sitting on day one for another 20 pages is just going to make peoples eyes bleed, and we're still going to learn nothing.

Alright, somebody give us a hammer vote, this day needs to end. Day two should give us all reams of information to find our baddies with.

I understand that the longer we spend on day 1 without a lynch the more boring it gets, but even though it's not a realistic option wouldn't spending as much time possible every day eventually give us the most information possible?

Not day one, since you have no results to show from voting patterns, all you can do is throw accusations around and see people scream "I'm not guilty!". Once you can see how people voted in relation to the dead person, and see those who have died in the night, you have whole new avenues to look down to actually peg down the guilty.

After 44 or so pages of Day one, you're not going to get much else. Day one is generally fairly random on who dies anyways, and you almost never get mafia. You're better off killing him and then looking back after you know his alignment at this point. Even if he is innocent, thats more than going up to 60 pages of day one with Rooney saying "I'm innocent, I have nothing to say" and the rest of you saying "well maybe he is, maybe he isn't."

Wifom - The Wine in Front of Me. Thats all you've got now.

Vote Count:

Joe Cabbot (2) - Virgil Sollozo, Lefty Ruggerio

John Rooney (9) - Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Frank Costello, Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Ace Rothstein, Tony Soprano, Nicky Santoro, Carlito Brigante

Not day one, since you have no results to show from voting patterns, all you can do is throw accusations around and see people scream "I'm not guilty!". Once you can see how people voted in relation to the dead person, and see those who have died in the night, you have whole new avenues to look down to actually peg down the guilty.

After 44 or so pages of Day one, you're not going to get much else. Day one is generally fairly random on who dies anyways, and you almost never get mafia. You're better off killing him and then looking back after you know his alignment at this point. Even if he is innocent, thats more than going up to 60 pages of day one with Rooney saying "I'm innocent, I have nothing to say" and the rest of you saying "well maybe he is, maybe he isn't."

Wifom - The Wine in Front of Me. Thats all you've got now.

Well, we're obviously probably not going to have much confidence in whoever we lynch today, but I've got a decent feeling on 2 or 3 guys based on their day 1 posts. Maybe I'll get more of a feeling for a couple more guys if we keep the discussion up for another RL day or two? And the information that I was talking about won't necessarily be realized on day 2 or 3, but who knows what it might mean deeper in the game?

Hello all,

err..

Something about this Carlito seems.... is this JB?

Wow, this whole Rooney thing is really strange. The issue was pressed, and rightfully so, about his absence and content in those posts he has made. So he shows up and says he'll be here all night, posts a decent amount but overall contributes very little to nothing. Its just so very, very peculiar. I do agree scum would probably be trying hard to stay alive, but I'm just not really sure what to make of it. He hasn't mentioned a role, which I sure hope he would have done by now if he had one.

As for Carlito, I find it funny that he (or she?) shows up a few posts ago and is now trying to dictate what everyone should do while admittedly having read no more than 25% of this entire thread. Serious question Carlito, you want us to kill off Rooney to get to the next day and have more information to work off of, but how do you plan to have any information to use if you haven't read the vast majority of what's been posted? Granted this has dragged on, but its dragged on a whole lot longer for the rest of us than you and at least we all have an idea of what's been going on. I'm just not sure I get this at all.

I've asked Rooney to claim several times now... If he has a power role it's really his fault at this point. I am giving you one last chance... Role claim. You are about to get lynched. Your defense has also been paper thin.

I am about to drop the hammer otherwise.

These forums frighten and confuse me, I'm positive that when I first went through this thread I scanned through more than 40 pages, hence my numbers in the 40's. But when I went to go back through I realised that there's only 23...

So, now I've gone and read the entire thread, and I have a better idea on whats going on here.

unvote

This game isn't dragging nearly as much as I had thought it was, at 40some pages, so what I said before... don't scrap that, its all still true, but just not nearly so pressing.

A few notes that stood out to me when reading the thread:

Nicky: Loudmouth, likes to share his every thought, as many of them a waste of bandwidth as useful

Rooney: Inactive and appears to have given up. I think he just assumes he's going to die with this many votes on him and doesn't care anymore.

Carlito: Seemed like he was attempting to figure out who was behind the alts to determine scum, which is flawed logic to say the least. Marlon Brando jumped all over him for this, a bit too much I think.

Lefty / Cabot: Two big nasty personalities rubbed the wrong way at first, and seriously guys, lighten up a bit, smile and be happy.

Michael Corleone: Dangerous player, watch out for him, I feel like he's the guy who will have us all wrapped around his finger.

That said, I'm not prepared to vote quite yet, I want to take a bit more time to think things over first.

I've asked Rooney to claim several times now... If he has a power role it's really his fault at this point. I am giving you one last chance... Role claim. You are about to get lynched. Your defense has also been paper thin.

I am about to drop the hammer otherwise.

FOS: Al Capone

The people who get the most benefit from a role claim is scum, and he's been openly asking Rooney to role reveal. This is decidedly a scumtell to me, since thats ALWAYS a bad idea. NEVER EVER EVER ask for role reveals like that.

As for Carlito, I find it funny that he (or she?) shows up a few posts ago and is now trying to dictate what everyone should do while admittedly having read no more than 25% of this entire thread. Serious question Carlito, you want us to kill off Rooney to get to the next day and have more information to work off of, but how do you plan to have any information to use if you haven't read the vast majority of what's been posted? Granted this has dragged on, but its dragged on a whole lot longer for the rest of us than you and at least we all have an idea of what's been going on. I'm just not sure I get this at all.

Walking into a 40 page plus thread is daunting, I was planning on going back about 10 pages or so to catch up, but I felt that I needed to get that part out there first.

But I believe I covered the rest in my post above.

FOS: Al Capone

The people who get the most benefit from a role claim is scum, and he's been openly asking Rooney to role reveal. This is decidedly a scumtell to me, since thats ALWAYS a bad idea. NEVER EVER EVER ask for role reveals like that.

I might agree with this under other circumstances, but consider Rooney is extremely close to getting lynched, so now is the time. Capone wasn't asking for a reveal with just a couple of votes on the guy.

If Rooney has a town power role, it would be wise for him to reveal it so people can unvote rather than us kill off a player with a role. Just look at the game where Norway was the doc, he didn't get a chance to claim and was quickly lynched, where as if he was given that opportunity to claim, he could've been saved. Claiming isn't a good idea until the player has no other choice and right now, it doesn't seem like Rooney does.

These forums frighten and confuse me, I'm positive that when I first went through this thread I scanned through more than 40 pages, hence my numbers in the 40's. But when I went to go back through I realised that there's only 23...

So, now I've gone and read the entire thread, and I have a better idea on whats going on here.

unvote

This game isn't dragging nearly as much as I had thought it was, at 40some pages, so what I said before... don't scrap that, its all still true, but just not nearly so pressing.

A few notes that stood out to me when reading the thread:

Nicky: Loudmouth, likes to share his every thought, as many of them a waste of bandwidth as useful

Rooney: Inactive and appears to have given up. I think he just assumes he's going to die with this many votes on him and doesn't care anymore.

Carlito: Seemed like he was attempting to figure out who was behind the alts to determine scum, which is flawed logic to say the least. Marlon Brando jumped all over him for this, a bit too much I think.

Lefty / Cabot: Two big nasty personalities rubbed the wrong way at first, and seriously guys, lighten up a bit, smile and be happy.

Michael Corleone: Dangerous player, watch out for him, I feel like he's the guy who will have us all wrapped around his finger.

That said, I'm not prepared to vote quite yet, I want to take a bit more time to think things over first.

Well it all depends on what your post per page count is set to. If you had it at the default of 10 per page, then yeah, it's over 40 pages.

Either way, the day has certainly dragged a little, but my only concern was that you seemed to eager to just come in with limited info and push the day to an end. Glad to see that's not so much the case now. And I'll try to heed your advice and be more happy go lucky, but only because you asked so nicely.

Hello all,

err..

I like this post. You tell us you didn't have time to read the whole thread and then you tell us to lynch Rooney right now so we can have more info. Thats like asking for a drink of water when your drowning. Not scummy per say...but you might want to lay off the amphetamines after midnight.

I actually voted for Rooney earlier because of that gross image he put up of himself. But now it seems all the rage to vote for him because he has "given up" or has "loss interest". It does seem to be rather hopeless for him.

So do we kill him for more information or do we kill him because he's scum? I personally think he is one of the lazy players that likes to cruise from start to finish.

I also agree that nobody has to die no time soon for more information to be had. Plenty of stuff is being thrown around and this anonymous game is starting to take on life of it's own. None of the bias the other games are plagued with. It makes sense it's going slow because nobody has a solid fix on anyone and so conclusions are a little tuffer to come by.

Archived