JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because you write a lot of words doesn't make your "case" strong.

You really are making quite a mountain of of a little mole hill. My point was simple - you were trying to minmize my arguments by reducing them to one sentence cases like "he wants to be friends with everyone" and "lets vote Ace because he's being helpful". This was after I had given you plenty of reasons along with supporting posts to show you why I was voting for you.

Now you're trying to say just because I didn't write both of your 1 sentence cases that I'm somehow mischaracterizing you? :confused:

The reason I didn't say more about it earlier is because I was, and still am, confused about exactly what you're implying.

I agree with the person that said you don't seem like Doggin... He's the reason we're using the alts to begin with so it doesn't seem logical that he'd blow his cover the 1st day... In fact if you look back at the Jets Mafia game on more than 1 occasion he said he couldn't wait to use alts so there wouldn't be a pre-concieved bias against him... So you're telling us you are Doggin and threw away your anonimity because of a little pressure? I don't think so... that's not the Doggin I know.

In fact you just made me feel more comfortable with my vote.

That's actually a really good point. It really doesn't sound like Doggin. Can't really prove it though unfortunately.

That's actually a really good point. It really doesn't sound like Doggin. Can't really prove it though unfortunately.

Surely there's no way someone could do that and get away with it?

Unless Doggin is scum too couldn't he just expose him under his normal account?

:confused:

This whole thing is silly. I'm Ace. Between Carlito voting for me because he figured that out, and nobody bothering to look at Lefty's actual posts, I'm a little ticked.

OK, back into costume, and carry on.

(Especially since I can now say that I'm busy on a doc review, so it may be a bit before I get back to the game)

I agree with the person that said you don't seem like Doggin... He's the reason we're using the alts to begin with so it doesn't seem logical that he'd blow his cover the 1st day... In fact if you look back at the Jets Mafia game on more than 1 occasion he said he couldn't wait to use alts so there wouldn't be a pre-concieved bias against him... So you're telling us you are Doggin and threw away your anonimity because of a little pressure? I don't think so... that's not the Doggin I know.

In fact you just made me feel more comfortable with my vote.

This makes no sense to me, and has me thinking FOS: Lefty.

It's true that it doesn't make a lot of sense for Doggin lift his veil. I understand that. But it makes even less sense for any other player to pretend he's Doggin. What would that buy for them?

That comment from Ace seemed more like a slip than a reveal (I added the bold below).

I love this - I'm being voted for being too aggressive (buy Henry Hill, who in the same post calls me a POS and saying he doesn't like me - which, I suppose, is Henry being non-aggressive and friendly :rolleyes:), for being me (oh lord, it's the scary doggin), for no given reason at all (Michael) and, my personal favorite, for giving "false analysis" by someone who doesn't even have the balls to even try to explain what exactly in the analysis was false.

I'm pretty confident Ace is Doggin, and I'm really not sure that he meant to tell us.

This whole thing is silly. I'm Ace. Between Carlito voting for me because he figured that out, and nobody bothering to look at Lefty's actual posts, I'm a little ticked.

(Especially since I can now say that I'm busy on a doc review, so it may be a bit before I get back to the game)

And yeah, there's also this post. :lol:

Nevermind.

LOL, that settles it. Very odd play by you, Doggin. As mentioned, you wanted aninimity and you outed yourself before day 1 is out.

You didn't need to do it, though, because it was crystal clear from your prior response to me in mentioning you were the prior game's mod. I didn't want to harp on it because I didn't want to fall into "let's vote Doggin just because he's Doggin."

Vote Fredo

He lied to the town last game.

Seriously?

Like I said I would I went back and looked at the Lefty Ace thing and it sounds like our typical strong player pissing match. They happen every game and seem to end up in a townie getting lynch. Just like without alts two good players battle and one gets lynched. yet in this case I feel most people are voting for Ace because he's being unruly. I think Henry's vote captures that.

But as I went through Fredo stood out to me.

This is silly really. Sonny simply voted for an inactive and seems to me Fredo is trying a little too hard. Also playing the lets be friends card that everyone has been referring to lately.

being nice and helpful.

He likes the thought process but seems to want to like it later. Maybe he the one caoching Michael?

Again just saying stuff to say stuff. Scummy to me.

Again being the nice guy defending the newb and wants to wait on Michael. He is either defedning a scum partner or being the nice guy and defending the newb player and will bring this up if Michael was innocent.

Im not saying that I feel Lefty or Ace is innocent. Im not really sure. but, Im much more confortable with voting for Fredo. I would aslo like to extend the FOS to Michael.

vote:Fredo

Bringing up the people saying "trust me, I'm innocent" in some sort already this early is just saying stuff? Really? When saying that goes right hand in hand with lynch all liars which people wanted to use again Michael in the code of Mafia games? That's moronic (there, I'm not being nice to everyone anymore...fair? :P)

As for Michael...seriously? How is it so insane to give this a little time to play out, as it's an extremely understandable rookie mistake?

Here's all of Henrys early contributions. (minus his opening banter posts, which everyone always has, so they can be written off regardless of adding nothing--no one does early)

Vote: Sonny

What kind of POS joins a game and doesnt even really want to be a part of the game. I can already see this jerky playing the same way he did last time and holding the town from making smart decisions because of inactivity.

Stupid ****er. I hate you all.

Gotta vote for someone, and it's the same person my vote still sits on. Nothing wrong with it, but then he adds one of his many bashes there at the end.

Shut your mouth when you are speaking to me.

What makes you think its going to be any quicker then last game.

I dont like you.

Again, write it off as some strange persona if you'd like, but this is a no-substance post with another insult at the end. Essentially the opposite of the "everyones buddy" play. Perhaps setting up for "why would scum attract this much attention to himself?"

I voted for Sonny.

Short post, but an important miss, nothing to criticize about it.

Liar.

Another insult. Yet again, brings so much to the table.

Liar.

Not a double quote. He actually posts this on separate occasions. Again, adding nothing while insulting.

Your brain is dumb.

Need I repeat myself?

Liar. You're the little boy who cried wolf.

Once more, I suppose

You are a POS. I dont like your style. You are pushy and you're being very misleading and you totally mischaracterized Lefty. I have never seen anyone so aggressive in the beginning of the game. You are coming out swinging and trynig to be the leader of this game.

I dont like you. Your tactic sucks. And I really dont want to deal with you for an entire game.

Unvote

Vote: Ace

Insulting again, but the key here is that he jumps now for the 2nd time onto a building train, in the 4-6 spots.

Doggin? Is that you? Why are you so agitated this early in the game. This isnt like you. I expect cool, calm and collective. Not brash, whinny and ghey.

I love you and would never vote you off for the world. You are the apple of my eye, the Cruhser to JiF, Brady to ****.

Unvote

All the Doggin' stuff had occurred at this point so an unvote was to be expected as most everyone was already jumping off the bandwagon.

Vote Fredo

He lied to the town last game.

Ah. Again referring to what someone did last game, again bringing nothing to the table, and for the 3rd time, jumping on a train building momentum without giving a great reason for doing so. That's 3 times in the 4-6th to vote for a growing train on day 1, and that's where my votes going and staying.

Unvote

Vote: Henry Hill

Here's all of Henrys early contributions. (minus his opening banter posts, which everyone always has, so they can be written off regardless of adding nothing--no one does early)

Gotta vote for someone, and it's the same person my vote still sits on. Nothing wrong with it, but then he adds one of his many bashes there at the end.

Again, write it off as some strange persona if you'd like, but this is a no-substance post with another insult at the end. Essentially the opposite of the "everyones buddy" play. Perhaps setting up for "why would scum attract this much attention to himself?"

Short post, but an important miss, nothing to criticize about it.

Another insult. Yet again, brings so much to the table.

Not a double quote. He actually posts this on separate occasions. Again, adding nothing while insulting.

Need I repeat myself?

Once more, I suppose

Insulting again, but the key here is that he jumps now for the 2nd time onto a building train, in the 4-6 spots.

All the Doggin' stuff had occurred at this point so an unvote was to be expected as most everyone was already jumping off the bandwagon.

Ah. Again referring to what someone did last game, again bringing nothing to the table, and for the 3rd time, jumping on a train building momentum without giving a great reason for doing so. That's 3 times in the 4-6th to vote for a growing train on day 1, and that's where my votes going and staying.

Unvote

Vote: Henry Hill

So you find Henry scummier than yourself? Interesting.

Furthermore, how is Henry jumping onto the middle of all 3 of the trains that got bigger than 3 NOT scummy to you?

Because I usually associate scum with sneaky players trying to blend and seem like their helping the town. Not some gigantic loud mouthed ass insulting everyone and making himself a target.

Because I usually associate scum with sneaky players trying to blend and seem like their helping the town. Not some gigantic loud mouthed ass insulting everyone and making himself a target.

But by "making himself a target" he may actually be doing the opposite. He's made himself almost too obvious to lynch if you know what I mean.

Not saying your wrong, it's tough to get a read on WTF Henry is doing but don't fall into the trap of confirming his innocence because of his behaviour.

But by "making himself a target" he may actually be doing the opposite. He's made himself almost too obvious to lynch if you know what I mean.

Not saying your wrong, it's tough to get a read on WTF Henry is doing but don't fall into the trap of confirming his innocence because of his behaviour.

Precisely

Not only that, but scum comes in all forms and sizes. Just because someone seems like too obvious to be mafia, doesn't make them exempt as far as I am concerned. Typically, newer scum are more anxious to get to the night and tend to be less subtle. And at times, very insulting. Look at Lefty from the previous game, he started out guns blazing and insulting people left and right. And this is from an experienced player. If i've learned anything, it's that"clearing" people in your head when they aren't clear can lead you into very dangerous territory.

I know. It's the whole "if he was scum no way he would do it", I just think that the other scum members would tell him to real it in some. Maybe not.

This early in the game its the guys trying to stay active without doing much that peak my interest.

Not only that, but scum comes in all forms and sizes. Just because someone seems like too obvious to be mafia, doesn't make them exempt as far as I am concerned. Typically, newer scum are more anxious to get to the night and tend to be less subtle. And at times, very insulting. Look at Lefty from the previous game, he started out guns blazing and insulting people left and right. And this is from an experienced player. If i've learned anything, it's that"clearing" people in your head when they aren't clear can lead you into very dangerous territory.

Very good points.

It seems to be tougher for the players with big egos to keep themselves hidden. It's a little different this time, but the EY got revealed early last game just like Doggin. I don't really find it strange. I think there's a piece of them that wants to be known, because they want to be recognized for what they do.

My guess is that Lefty and Ace are on the same team, either both town, or both scum.

Sonny (1) - Rooney

Michael Corleone (2) - Devito, Nicky

Ace (4) - Lefty, Tony Montana, Carlito, Michael Corleone

Lefty (1) - Ace

Fredo (4) - Vito, Virgil, Henry Hill, Al Capone

Henry Hill (1) - Fredo Corleone

With 17 players, it takes 9 to lynch.

Archived