Google's OS

rillo

Microsoft will just throw their new touch computing technology into the stores and they will be better than Apple stores instantly.

msft vaporware that already exists in every iPhone and iPod touch the last 2 years. But yeah, I am sure plenty of people will line up to play with a table. Wooowwwww

msft vaporware that already exists in every iPhone and iPod touch the last 2 years. But yeah, I am sure plenty of people will line up to play with a table. Wooowwwww

People go to malls and touch shoes... they will certainly play with a computer table that reads the pictures off their cell phone just by placing it on it.

People go to malls and touch shoes... they will certainly play with a computer table that reads the pictures off their cell phone just by placing it on it.

It has been 2 years since they announced this thing and it has gone nowhere. They have them in at&t stores for customers to play with and nobody talks about it, its really gotten no steam. Besides, the iphone and ipod touch pretty much beat them in getting it into usable affordable practical devices in the consumers hands. The iphone is built on a version of osX, so they have the capability built into the os that is out there right now. All they need to do is build a tablet, which is a market msft has failed in.

Looks cool, the video is pretty long.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I don't really see what you mean that apple is doing what msft did in the 90's, besides, nobody that uses apple products is unhappy to be using them, which i would say is quite a different story from msft users.

You are looking at tomorrow through today's technology, same as a lot of critics and the record labels did when apple came out with the ipod and touted the future of music moving to the internet. The computers and devices that this next generation of operating systems will bring with it will bring about a paradigm shift in power. Ask Wang and IBM about power shifts.

IBM is doing just fine, they doing very well in the services market, and I don't think they regret not being a desktop player right now. I see them everywhere from Arrays (storage), Web Applications, Backup, Systems Management, Integration services. Don't weep for IBM. They can make bad aquisitions (ISS) and still be fine.

IBM is doing just fine, they doing very well in the services market, and I don't think they regret not being a desktop player right now. I see them everywhere from Arrays (storage), Web Applications, Backup, Systems Management, Integration services. Don't weep for IBM. They can make bad aquisitions (ISS) and still be fine.

They do fine, but i doubt anyone would disagree that they are a shell of their former selves. And I bet they do wish they still were the monolithic hardware company they were. I am sure they regret that meeting where they told Gates they didn't care about the software business. It was even turned into a great scene in the movie, "Pirates of Silicon Valley" where ibm dismisses the software business.

And I can see a lot of their core businesses being aped by google as well. Nobody can compete with them in server tech and cloud computing, they have the size and economies of scale as well.

Archived