Any word on LEON's contract????

gg

two weeks till camp.. and they need to get his done.

really.. if they make this thing a pete kendall type of situation, it will be bad.

really .. if they can hang out in bart scott's driveway and give him 8 million for waking up that day, they can find the money for Leon!

it is important to have an amazing defense..

BUT if the offense doesnt score any points.. it will be hard to win..

without a real proven passing QB.. we need to shore up our running game.. and if they dont sign leon and TJ.. we are looking like a train wreck.

Mr T.. dont make me come there and slap you upside the face...

SIGN LEON!

Don't forget Revis, where would we be without him.

We have some CB depth, and the CB's aren't very important in Rex's system. I wouldn't say he's in the MOST important group of players [Leon, D'Brick, Mangold, Jenkins, Ellis, Scott, Cotchery, Keller (IMO)].

We have some CB depth, and the CB's aren't very important in Rex's system. I wouldn't say he's in the MOST important group of players [Leon, D'Brick, Mangold, Jenkins, Ellis, Scott, Cotchery, Keller (IMO)].

Your dead wrong on this one man...Revis IS one of our most important players because it's rare to find a LOCK down CB thats only been in the league for 2 going on 3 years now. Actually, it's rare to ever find a shut down CB and thats what Revis is. He's alot more important than Ellis and thats only because Ellis is getting up there in age.

We play in the AFC East with WR's such Moss and Owens...Revis is HUGE for this Defense, huge.

Revis, Rhodes, Mangold, Ferguson, Keller, Sanchez, Cotchery, Scott, Harris, Washington, Jenkins, Gholston (Say what you want) and Greene (Love his potential)

Are the players I would HATE to see play for another team over the next 5 years...We keep those guys, we have a solid start

And yeah, I agree 100%...Leon needs to be signed and signed long term.

Thomas Jones has no right to complain about his contract because he's already been paid the first two years and he's been paid in a SOLID type of way...

Leon? He's been our offensive MVP over the past 2 years and he's still getting paid like a rookie while players like Sanchez and Scott are getting paid...It's not right

two weeks till camp.. and they need to get his done.

really.. if they make this thing a pete kendall type of situation, it will be bad.

really .. if they can hang out in bart scott's driveway and give him 8 million for waking up that day, they can find the money for Leon!

it is important to have an amazing defense..

BUT if the offense doesnt score any points.. it will be hard to win..

without a real proven passing QB.. we need to shore up our running game.. and if they dont sign leon and TJ.. we are looking like a train wreck.

Mr T.. dont make me come there and slap you upside the face...

SIGN LEON!

Its coming, why do you think we released Bubba? kidding.

Its really ridiculous. This is the kind of player you want to retire on the NY Jets. Class act, hard worker, loves the game and is the best game changer this team has had in years and years and years.

the more i think about this , the more pissed off i get.

Leon is a real good guy. why would they want to mess that up?

A couple of the guys who were suppose to be at the Taste of the NFL event in May didnt show

Leon was there. And he had one of the longest lines. The fans love him. He is genuine and down to earth. He doesnt have a big head.

And boy can he run. (WITH A FOOTBALL, NO LESS!)

Oh yeah.. i guess i can see why they wouldnt want to sign him to a long term contract.

:rolleyes:

Leon isn't as easy a deal as most posters seem to think you have to sign him to a deal that reflects what he is;

back up RB and stud KR

I agree he needs a hefty raise as james dearth makes twice what he makes, and we can't let him get anywhere near FA or his pricetag goes up 25%, but we can't just throw money around either

I expect a deal with lots of guaranteed money and incentives as consideration for low bonus money and overall cap number

Yeah, I can't wait until we give our Kick Returner/Scatback $7-8 million a year (which is the kind of money that Leon is seeking). :face:

maybe the nuge has some extra coin he could give back .. oh wait.. he is gone.. well that was an awesome draft pick. :lol:

if you think that Leon is just a KR.. i think 4H must be kicking your ass in beer pong.. and you are not seeing straight when you are in the stadium ;)

by the way.. july went by really fast.. i cant believe it is Aug. 9th already! :P

Archived