More fun

Scott Dierking

From Glazer:

it wasn't the trash talk that helped the Jets beat the Pats Sunday.

It was the chalk talk.

Sure, the Jets talked tons of smack going into their battle vs. New England, and who doesn't love a good ol' fashioned, violent, trash-talking rivalry?

But take the trash out of the equation for a minute. The real dirty work was done with some behind-the-scenes intrigue on the part of the Jets and head coach Rex Ryan.

This week Ryan used former Patriots QB and Tom Brady understudy Kevin O'Connell to prepare for the Pats. Team sources told FOXSports.com that Ryan took O'Connell and pretty much passed him around from coach to coach this week to give a group-by-group tutorial of New England's tendencies.

In fact, he was so helpful that Ryan named O'Connell team captain for today's game. That's right, a No. 3 QB as team captain.

And the Jets showed how good they can be with a little captain in 'em.

"It was just another shot across their bow," said one team source of why Ryan made the surprising move.

Sources said while the former Patriot QB was revealing in helping with tendencies of different players and schemes, he was most helpful in revealing the tendencies the Patriots use to adjust against different blitz packages the Jets will try to employ. Basically, he's able to say, "Hey, when you use this blitz they like to check it over here. When you use that blitz their tendency will be to use this guy, here."

In addition to the strategic assist, O'Connell also revealed something else that Ryan could sink his teeth into for motivational purposes. Brady's former backup informed the Jets coach that New England began intently breaking down and studying Ryan's defense all the way back to March.

Players say Ryan used this info to deliver this message: "You don't think they aren't worried about us? They're definitely thinking about us!"

From Glazer:

it wasn't the trash talk that helped the Jets beat the Pats Sunday.

It was the chalk talk.

Sure, the Jets talked tons of smack going into their battle vs. New England, and who doesn't love a good ol' fashioned, violent, trash-talking rivalry?

But take the trash out of the equation for a minute. The real dirty work was done with some behind-the-scenes intrigue on the part of the Jets and head coach Rex Ryan.

This week Ryan used former Patriots QB and Tom Brady understudy Kevin O'Connell to prepare for the Pats. Team sources told FOXSports.com that Ryan took O'Connell and pretty much passed him around from coach to coach this week to give a group-by-group tutorial of New England's tendencies.

In fact, he was so helpful that Ryan named O'Connell team captain for today's game. That's right, a No. 3 QB as team captain.

And the Jets showed how good they can be with a little captain in 'em.

"It was just another shot across their bow," said one team source of why Ryan made the surprising move.

Sources said while the former Patriot QB was revealing in helping with tendencies of different players and schemes, he was most helpful in revealing the tendencies the Patriots use to adjust against different blitz packages the Jets will try to employ. Basically, he's able to say, "Hey, when you use this blitz they like to check it over here. When you use that blitz their tendency will be to use this guy, here."

In addition to the strategic assist, O'Connell also revealed something else that Ryan could sink his teeth into for motivational purposes. Brady's former backup informed the Jets coach that New England began intently breaking down and studying Ryan's defense all the way back to March.

Players say Ryan used this info to deliver this message: "You don't think they aren't worried about us? They're definitely thinking about us!"

Now How quickly does Koc get bobbited?:D

all three of the captains were former pats.. Izzo, O'Connell, and Woody... too funny!

when they announced the visiting team.. the pats stayed in the tunnell untill the jets started coming out.. .. i guess they wanted to trip up the jets players by hearing boos

yep.. that tripped them up :lol:

There is a difference between "morals" and professional ethics

Ok, whether or not you think Spygate was a big deal, it's hilarious that a fan of a team who got caught and penalized for cheating is talking about professional ethics and morality with regard to naming captains for the game.

Agreed, I felt bad for them just reading that one thread.

Eh. I don't see them as so bad. There are a couple of rational people (Garb? :confused:) and a bunch of nuts. There are also a bunch of Jets fans that don't regularly post there going over just to troll and rile them up. It's one thing taking **** from Alk, Garb, Gainzo or even Tex, but it's pretty douchey just to pop in after a win.

I don't see why that one genius keeps referring to us as "trailer trash". Are there a lot of trailers in NYC? I haven't been back in a year, but I don't remember many in Brooklyn. Guess it's the only insult he could come up with.

I don't see why that one genius keeps referring to us as "trailer trash". Are there a lot of trailers in NYC? I haven't been back in a year, but I don't remember many in Brooklyn. Guess it's the only insult he could come up with.

I have no idea what the hell that dude is talking about. They should put a giant mirror over Gillette stadium so they can see themselves. Boston people are pretty trashy...have you seen Goodwill Hunting and Mystic River? :screwy:

Archived