Best kept secret on Jets roster

Greenseed4

no, actually the best kept secret on the Jets roster is Larry Taylor the guy they signed from the CFL-he looks like a Leon Washington clone on returns-I heard they are thinking of using him as a slot receiver-he's MY dark horse player that I'm rooting for

I think Taylor will be returning punts for us but WOODHEAD will be our slot receiver. Taylor is shifty a scan can be and powerful. Woodhead is quick into and out of his cuts and has excellent hands. LT is going to help the short passing game a lot. I expect exciting things from the Jets this year. In rd 1 I see a DE or OLB that can rush the passer! rd a CB rd 3 a RB

I think Taylor will be returning punts for us but WOODHEAD will be our slot receiver. Taylor is shifty a scan can be and powerful. Woodhead is quick into and out of his cuts and has excellent hands. LT is going to help the short passing game a lot. I expect exciting things from the Jets this year. In rd 1 I see a DE or OLB that can rush the passer! rd a CB rd 3 a RB

I can't wait to see what an off-season of working at the slot position will do for a Danny Woodhead-you gotta like those tough little guys. Paging Ian Smart...

I can't wait to see what an off-season of working at the slot position will do for a Danny Woodhead-you gotta like those tough little guys. Paging Ian Smart...

I remember IAN SMART as I am a graduate of CW POST College and so is he! I doubted that he could make the Jets and yet I pulled for him for obvious reasons. WOODHEAD is a more talented runner. he aslo played at a small school but look at his stats. he led the NCAA in rushing yards. Smart accumulated lots of yards too but against far inferior opposition. I am pulling for WOODHEAD to shine. I read somewhere today that CHAUNCEY WASHINGTON will be given a shot at slot receiver too. We need a slot receiver and it would be great if one emerges from our roster of players.

I remember IAN SMART as I am a graduate of CW POST College and so is he! I doubted that he could make the Jets and yet I pulled for him for obvious reasons. WOODHEAD is a more talented runner. he aslo played at a small school but look at his stats. he led the NCAA in rushing yards. Smart accumulated lots of yards too but against far inferior opposition. I am pulling for WOODHEAD to shine. I read somewhere today that CHAUNCEY WASHINGTON will be given a shot at slot receiver too. We need a slot receiver and it would be great if one emerges from our roster of players.

no not Chauncey KJ but our boy Larry Taylor will be in the slot-Chauncey is a RB

These guys weren't drafted into the NFL for a reason, too. I think either one of them would have to be really lucky to make the team, no way both of them make it. Both these guys have to hope the Jets don't draft a WR/return man. If they do, they're screwed. Both of these guys are insurance policies.

Woodhead's Plan D, at best, for the slot. A draft pick, the return of Coles, and there's gotta be someone else (Allison?), all come before Woodhead there.

Taylor is teeny-tiny. Tough to play in this league at 165 lbs.

I root for these little guys, too, but don't expect anything.

I think Jet fans sometimes ignore some of the players we have. Every one talks about how we have no depth, however I think we do. Mike Devito and Sione Pouha both played well this year when they were called upon. I also think that Slauson and Turner could both be decent linemen. They are both young and I think developing under Bill Callahan will help both out.

I think Jet fans sometimes ignore some of the players we have. Every one talks about how we have no depth, however I think we do. Mike Devito and Sione Pouha both played well this year when they were called upon. I also think that Slauson and Turner could both be decent linemen. They are both young and I think developing under Bill Callahan will help both out.

and what a lot of Jets fans have ALSO been known to do is overrate our players. We did it for years on the boards and I think it's healthy that most of us are getting away from that stuff. Under Herm and Mangini all that ever got us was mediocrity. Mikey D and Sione were very pleasant surprises and both WILL be back and are needed. Look though at what happened to us with that LG position when we screwed Pete Kendall over, and that's with 2 potential (that year) pro bowlers on either side of him. Alan Faneca WILL be a NY Jet this year.

These guys weren't drafted into the NFL for a reason, too. I think either one of them would have to be really lucky to make the team, no way both of them make it. Both these guys have to hope the Jets don't draft a WR/return man. If they do, they're screwed. Both of these guys are insurance policies.

Woodhead's Plan D, at best, for the slot. A draft pick, the return of Coles, and there's gotta be someone else (Allison?), all come before Woodhead there.

Taylor is teeny-tiny. Tough to play in this league at 165 lbs.

I root for these little guys, too, but don't expect anything.

Slats; Chrebet wasn't drafted either. He got a chance and we struck gold. You make a good point about ALLISON. He can be a great find for us with that magnificent speed. I also see that CLOWNEY is on our team. I just posted that the Jets are bringing in R. Matthews for a look-see. I feel confident that we will find a slot receiver by the start of the season. i would hope we do not bring in older players discarded by their teams. lets develop our own. In WOODHEAD's case , size and quality of competition factord in on his his non-draft status. I am pulling for him but the team comes first. Whoever plays best and wins the job is the guy I want! At PR Taylor has such elusiveness and cutting ability plus some experience at the job in the CFL. Judging from our free agents like B. Scott, M. DeVito, the Jets always look under every rock to find talent. Sometimes they strike gold. That is what I am hoping for with WOODHEAD & TAYLOR.

Slats; Chrebet wasn't drafted either. He got a chance and we struck gold. You make a good point about ALLISON. He can be a great find for us with that magnificent speed. I also see that CLOWNEY is on our team. I just posted that the Jets are bringing in R. Matthews for a look-see. I feel confident that we will find a slot receiver by the start of the season. i would hope we do not bring in older players discarded by their teams. lets develop our own. In WOODHEAD's case , size and quality of competition factord in on his his non-draft status. I am pulling for him but the team comes first. Whoever plays best and wins the job is the guy I want! At PR Taylor has such elusiveness and cutting ability plus some experience at the job in the CFL. Judging from our free agents like B. Scott, M. DeVito, the Jets always look under every rock to find talent. Sometimes they strike gold. That is what I am hoping for with WOODHEAD & TAYLOR.

The Jets had absolutely zero depth at WR last year, and Clowney was part of the problem. I don't see Woodhead as the solution. I agree that that's the best place for him to possibly stick, I just don't expect it. I think the Jets will get a legitimate 3rd (and possibly 4th) WR thru the draft and/or the return of Coles, and that Allison will be competing for the 5th spot. With Wright gone, unlikely they carry six. Brad Smith will almost certainly continue to be listed as a WR, even though he isn't one.

Taylor will have to be able to do something besides return punts unless he's absolutele amazing at it. Can't have a roster spot for a guy so completely one dimensional. Jets have alternate returners in Leonhart, Washington, and even Cotchery.

By all means hope. I just think both guys are severe long shots.

The Jets had absolutely zero depth at WR last year, and Clowney was part of the problem. I don't see Woodhead as the solution. I agree that that's the best place for him to possibly stick, I just don't expect it. I think the Jets will get a legitimate 3rd (and possibly 4th) WR thru the draft and/or the return of Coles, and that Allison will be competing for the 5th spot. With Wright gone, unlikely they carry six. Brad Smith will almost certainly continue to be listed as a WR, even though he isn't one.

Taylor will have to be able to do something besides return punts unless he's absolutele amazing at it. Can't have a roster spot for a guy so completely one dimensional. Jets have alternate returners in Leonhart, Washington, and even Cotchery.

By all means hope. I just think both guys are severe long shots.

and you know that Aundrae Allison is the perfect size (6'0") for that slot position and he's also an experienced KO returner who has actually scored in an NFL game-right now we have Cotch and Braylon-Clowney who (despite all the great stuff he's doing in Haiti) just isn't that good. I agree slats I see us taking a couple or receivers next month

Archived