Pre-Draft Hello

Aqua4ever04

What's up, Jets fans? I've been extremely busy with a new job lately and have had no time to get online but I got off early today and found some time to sit at the computer.

I haven't had a chance to check on the Cromartie deal and see how you guys feel or a general idea on how free agency has transpired or who you guys want in the draft. I've been doing my due dilligence on my draft stuff and I think I currently have you guys taking Arrelious Benn, Jared Odrick or an outside rusher that could fall (Kindle, Hughes, someone like that.)

What are you guys looking for and what direction do you think Rex goes? I'd say receiver is a big time need but I'm not sure that fits his M.O.

What's up, Jets fans? I've been extremely busy with a new job lately and have had no time to get online but I got off early today and found some time to sit at the computer.

I haven't had a chance to check on the Cromartie deal and see how you guys feel or a general idea on how free agency has transpired or who you guys want in the draft. I've been doing my due dilligence on my draft stuff and I think I currently have you guys taking Arrelious Benn, Jared Odrick or an outside rusher that could fall (Kindle, Hughes, someone like that.)

What are you guys looking for and what direction do you think Rex goes? I'd say receiver is a big time need but I'm not sure that fits his M.O.

The Cro deal was a low risk high reward deal. He is playing out the rest of his contract, which ends after the 2011 season, I believe. we did not give up any picks in this years draft and if he doesn't pan out, a 3rd in next year's (thats assuming there is a draft next year and there is no lockout). If he does pan out, we give up a 2nd in next year's draft (again, assuming there is one), and get probably the best secondary in the NFL this year, or maybe even ever.

As far as Free Agency goes... The highlights are two one-year deals for Safety Brodney Poole and Running Back Ladanian Tomlinson. Two older, reliable guys that are talented and can be good pickups for us this year. We have also signed some very low risk high reward guys that seem to have a lot of upside and will be battling for a roster spot this spring/summer.

For the draft, I think we all agree that Tannenbaum has us in great position to go after BAP with all of our picks this year and add depth to many of our units that are very talented at the starting spots but have a significant drop off when you get to the backups. I expect us to be going after WR, CB. DL, OL, and RB in this draft...again depending on BAP. We have I believe 6 picks in this year's draft, including one in each of the first four rounds. That will give us room to move around a little to ensure we're making the best of what seems to be a very deep draft, as opposed to a top-heavy draft like we have seen the past couple years.

I honestly wouldn't take Cro with a 3 round pick. His only concern is the big play, his a long strider which makes him terrible in quick areas and he will shy away from contact. I wouldn't say a 3rd round pick for compensation is exactly low risk, more like moderate. But yeah, if he found a way to pick off double digit passes again, yeah, that'd be a great deal, but no way that happens.

I like the Brodney Pool pickup. Good depth, abiility to step in and start a game or two if need be and can create turnovers. LT, meh, career was over two years ago.

BPA is always a great option. I had Golden Tate sliding that far a while back and that's my worst case scenario as a Dolphins fan, I think he's the next Steve Smith (Carolina.) Who is your favorite choice at 30, my man?

I honestly wouldn't take Cro with a 3 round pick. His only concern is the big play, his a long strider which makes him terrible in quick areas and he will shy away from contact. I wouldn't say a 3rd round pick for compensation is exactly low risk, more like moderate. But yeah, if he found a way to pick off double digit passes again, yeah, that'd be a great deal, but no way that happens.

I like the Brodney Pool pickup. Good depth, abiility to step in and start a game or two if need be and can create turnovers. LT, meh, career was over two years ago.

BPA is always a great option. I had Golden Tate sliding that far a while back and that's my worst case scenario as a Dolphins fan, I think he's the next Steve Smith (Carolina.) Who is your favorite choice at 30, my man?

Well Cro will be going back to straight up man coverage this year under Rex, which is the defense he thrives in as opposed to the zone read-and-react defense he has been playing the past couple years. I guess you can say he's got it in his legs, not his brain.

As for the draft, I hate just naming names just to name them...It all depends who is on the board at the time, who the best value is, what would he bring to this team, what would other teams be willing to give up for him, etc. etc. As I said, I expect us to address all five of those positions (WR, CB, DL, OL, and RB) at some point in the draft.

Lets see...

Cro

OR

3 Patrick Turner Southern Cal3 Kendall Langford Hampton3 Lorenzo Booker Florida State3 Derek Hagan Arizona State3 Channing Crowder Florida3 Wade Smith Memphis3 Taylor Whitley Texas A&M3 Seth McKinney Texas A&M3 Travis Minor Florida State3 Morlon Greenwood Syracuse3 Ben Kelly Colorado3 Grey Ruegamer Arizona State

Yes you are right, the Fins prove there are consistently better players than Cro available in the 3rd... :roll:

Exactly how I felt. Yo I deleted my FB so hopefully you still got my number. Hit me up week 1, I'll be in section 124. My section. :)

Lmfao. Fruit. I was wondering why I was down a friend. 124 in the new place is like, not corner, but between the right goal post and corner. Its weird. I'm still in the same corner as the last stadium, just up in the MezzA.

230, ftw.

Make sure if you do get seats in the lower bowl in New Meadowlands to get them in AT LEAST Row 30. Sight lines are **** if you go lower than that.

Lets see...

Cro

OR

3 Patrick Turner Southern Cal3 Kendall Langford Hampton3 Lorenzo Booker Florida State3 Derek Hagan Arizona State3 Channing Crowder Florida3 Wade Smith Memphis3 Taylor Whitley Texas A&M3 Seth McKinney Texas A&M3 Travis Minor Florida State3 Morlon Greenwood Syracuse3 Ben Kelly Colorado3 Grey Ruegamer Arizona State

Yes you are right, the Fins prove there are consistently better players than Cro available in the 3rd... :roll:

Well that is EXACLTY what I said.

But this IS what I want in the 3rd round.

Yet it took you a whopping hour and a half to rush into this thread to acknowledge me.

Hmm, odd.

do u think Parcells will let the phins take a wr??? I could see them taking a wr like dez or replacement for taylor.

I think we go best available de/olb. if none are available I see us trading down with someone that wants to move up in front of minny for a qb.

do u think Parcells will let the phins take a wr??? I could see them taking a wr like dez or replacement for taylor.

I think we go best available de/olb. if none are available I see us trading down with someone that wants to move up in front of minny for a qb.

Damn I hope, man, we really need him. The huge debate between Phin fans right now is whether or not wide receiver is a core position and whether or not Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland feel the same way or not.

Half the folks want pass rusher and the other half want Dez or maybe Earl Thomas. Personally, I think we need the receiver. He will take pressure off our entire offense. And I wouldn't cry if we snagged Thomas.

You guys are really in a position to take just about anyone that happens to slide to you. I have to think Odrick, Tate, LaFell, Benn, Graham, Hughes and Mayes are on your hot list.

Archived